Disney Genie, Genie+, and Lightning Lane Frequently Asked Questions for Walt Disney World

Would Genie+ work similar to paper legacy FP in that you get whatever return time appears (no choice)?

My memory is fading. After using your first 3 FPs, were you able to pick a return time for your 4th FP?

TIA

Genie+, yes. The Individual Attraction Selections can be scheduled.

For FP+? Yes, subject to availability.
Yes FP+.

Thank you for your help. We have a short trip coming up in October. I am trying to make guesses about how to plan arrival day. Maybe we will buy one or two individual selections since that should work. I wonder if we will be able to buy them before actually arriving at the hotel? I'll have to watch the threads closely for the short time leading up to our trip.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yes FP+.

Thank you for your help. We have a short trip coming up in October. I am trying to make guesses about how to plan arrival day. I was hoping to buy the Genie+ for the day at the airport. Then schedule a ride return time for the afternoon when we finally get to the park.
I wouldn't waste your money on Genie+ for a half day.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes FP+.

Thank you for your help. We have a short trip coming up in October. I am trying to make guesses about how to plan arrival day. Maybe we will buy one or two individual selections since that should work. I wonder if we will be able to buy them before actually arriving at the hotel? I'll have to watch the threads closely for the short time leading up to our trip.
If you’re staying onsite you can make them at 7am. So if you’ve checked in on-line, then you should be able to buy them morning of your arrival day even if you are still on the way to WDW.

If staying offsite you can make them when the parks open, although they didn’t specify if you had to have arrived in the park first.

But definitely a good idea to keep an eye on the threads leading up to your trip, unless your trip is that first week of October of course!

If you’re staying onsite you can make them at 7am. So if you’ve checked in on-line, then you should be able to buy them morning of your arrival day even if you are still on the way to WDW.

If staying offsite you can make them when the parks open, although they didn’t specify if you had to have arrived in the park first.

But definitely a good idea to keep an eye on the threads leading up to your trip, unless your trip is that first week of October of course!
We are leaving Oct. 16 and will be onsite. Gotta ride that Tragical Express one last time! Absolutely checking in online. Hopefully, everything will fall into place. We have been a couple times since the end of FP+. It is hard getting used to not having every minute planned two months in advance. I feel like I am missing something!

shipley731

Will Genie+ & LL be included with a Club 33 membership? (No I'm not a member, but I know someone who is. She's invited to take my husband & I with her one day to get the "Club 33" Disney experience.) I know that if one can afford the Club 33 initiation fee & annual dues, the price of Genie+ & LL are just a drop in the bucket for them. However, the current Club 33 allows members & the group they are with to go through the old FP lanes currently. Just wondering what sort of change, if any that group will be looking at.

I'm just curious.

Missing20K

LL is either testing or in use. They all have CMs at the guard and return times listed. Just wanted to share and see if anyone else noticed or has info.

Edit: I suppose I could have read the post above mine more thoroughly. Carry on.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
LL is either testing or in use. They all have CMs at the guard and return times listed. Just wanted to share and see if anyone else noticed or has info.

Edit: I suppose I could have read the post above mine more thoroughly. Carry on.
All the people who used to use the FP line will now be using the LL Lane. DAS, rider swap, VIP tours and so on.

nickys

Premium Member
Will Genie+ & LL be included with a Club 33 membership? (No I'm not a member, but I know someone who is. She's invited to take my husband & I with her one day to get the "Club 33" Disney experience.) I know that if one can afford the Club 33 initiation fee & annual dues, the price of Genie+ & LL are just a drop in the bucket for them. However, the current Club 33 allows members & the group they are with to go through the old FP lanes currently. Just wondering what sort of change, if any that group will be looking at.

I'm just curious.
My guess is they will get Genie+ for free. Not sure about the premium rides. Presumably your friend will have been told by now though, I would ask her.

wserratore1963

In the end I think Genie+ will be ok. When I think back to my Disneyland visits with MAXpass we were able to get 5-6 attractions a day. That’s certainly better than FP ever was at WDW. I think about the madness at rope drop with everyone running, knocking people over to get a FP for TSM at DHS when it opened and a million other things. I get and understand that nobody likes change; however change is the only constant.
I also remember people screaming that FP has made the wait times worse and TWDC should bring back double loads on rides etc.
Give this thing a chance before we go to war over it.

Debbie Dykeman

my biggest disappointment is that you can only ride a ride once with Genie+. So after you ride BTMR once on Genie+, you can only ride again using stand by. I'm pretty sure I used to fastpass it more than once a day after my first three...

Rob562

my biggest disappointment is that you can only ride a ride once with Genie+. So after you ride BTMR once on Genie+, you can only ride again using stand by. I'm pretty sure I used to fastpass it more than once a day after my first three...

As far as I've been able to determine, the "only ride once" narrative is coming from something a CM told someone verbally at an info session for the press (and I think it was only via reporters from one website), so it's possible the info was confused by the only-one-time limitation of the Individual Attraction purchases.

I don't see where the supposed Genie+ limitation has been confirmed by Disney or appears in print in any official way from Disney. So I'm holding out judgement until I either read it directly from Disney, or someone reports the limitation during usage after G+ goes live.

-Rob

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As far as I've been able to determine, the "only ride once" narrative is coming from something a CM told someone verbally at an info session for the press (and I think it was only via reporters from one website), so it's possible the info was confused by the only-one-time limitation of the Individual Attraction purchases.

I don't see where the supposed Genie+ limitation has been confirmed by Disney or appears in print in any official way from Disney. So I'm holding out judgement until I either read it directly from Disney, or someone reports the limitation during usage after G+ goes live.

-Rob
It's been repeated several times by people who attended the media presentation.

DCBaker

Premium Member

-Rob

It's been repeated several times by people who attended the media presentation.

It was also reportedly confirmed during a Travel Agent webinar this week.

scheat

Have a trip starting next week. I read something about the earliest genie+ can be purchased is midnight the day of each park visit. So there’s no way to just add it now for the week? Seems weird.

JaxFLBear

Have a trip starting next week. I read something about the earliest genie+ can be purchased is midnight the day of each park visit. So there’s no way to just add it now for the week? Seems weird.
As long as you don't have annual passes, you might be able to modify the tickets to include Genie+. To do this, you have to add Genie+ for all days on your ticket.

If you have annual passes, the only option is to purchase Genie+ the morning of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom