News Frontierland Shootin' Arcade at Magic Kingdom switches to free play

Brooklin Disney Dad

We’ve done Disney many times but never did the shootin arcade. Not sure why. But it was never busy. Very outdated for sure, seeing as arcade games now are using more realistic and modern gunfare.
I never thought it fit with the Disney model, similar to the few carny games at AK Dinoland. Just seemed out of place to charge an additional fee for an attraction/game. Yet here they go charging additional fees for a fast pass system.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I wonder if this has anything to do with a possible facelift in Frontierland ahead of Tiana’s arrival?
Good call. I suggest the Shooting Gallery replacement will be a "Make A Roux" game in which players will have to add the appropriate ingredients to a virtual skillet and stir until it goes dark brown without burning it.*

* Winners will be offered immediate employment in the WDW kitchens with a $1500 signing bonus and reserved parking space.

Last edited:

Clamman73

I wonder if this has anything to do with a possible facelift in Frontierland ahead of Tiana’s arrival?
I‘d make it into a coffee and beignets cafe and make a dock seating area on the river.
C266E55F-B232-4F58-AC47-9FAA9504B88E.jpeg

RoadiJeff

I was at the MK all day today and I'd forgotten about the free arcade until I was heading for the exit to beat the HUGE fireworks display crowd and then this thread suddenly popped in my head. Fortunately, I'd just left Splash Mountain, so I wasn't far from the arcade. I found it and played for a few minutes and it was like, ehh, and I left. I don't think I would have paid to play that.

Joel

*Makes it free to play*

"Oh ho ho, I can't wait to see people find a way to complain about this somehow!"

*Closes it forever on the 50th* (probably)

Bravo, Disney, bravo.

MrPromey

Make it free, get them hooked, then BAM, LL it. 🤣
Bob's taking a page out of the old crack dealing handbook! Brilliant! 🤣

But in seriousness, what someone mentioned just a few posts earlier about removing profitability to make this an easier target for removal seems bothersome based on the news you just posted to the site today.

jmuboy

I would assume the one here and at DL would suffer the same fate at the same time if it were actually closing permanently. But I’ve been wrong before

castlecake2.0

combine this with the Country Bears and make a dark ride.
It’s not part of the same show building, separated by the breezeway. The space is really constrained so not much they can do other than a small kiosk. Would be nice to get one of the kiosks of the main walkway. Frontierland is the MK equivalent of WS promenade with all these kiosks junking up the place.
3A07F48E-584C-4038-A7B6-15B3CD1FFAAA.jpeg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The space really isn’t large enough for much, so the most likely options are
a) cover it with a wall
b) small merch or food kiosk
c) seating area - which the parks also desperately need.
I feel like MK isn’t in desperate need of a seating area. You can make any small space worthwhile with a bit of imagination. The sad part is, disney lacks that now.

They could convert it into a Woodys Roundup style game attraction. They could make it a designated shaded meet and greet location for The Country Bears characters with an elaborate backdrop. They could make it a small stage area with a few benches, Canada theater style, with some slapstick improv actors.

All sorts of stuff. In fact, disney used to be genius at filling in such tiny spaces. Hence why the Shooting Arcade exists. They didn’t say “Wellp! Too small! Make it a shop.” Nope. They made it an interactive attraction.

A small one, but still an attraction nonetheless.

castlecake2.0

I feel like MK isn’t in desperate need of a seating area. You can make any small space worthwhile with a bit of imagination. The sad part is, disney lacks that now.

They could convert it into a Woodys Roundup style game attraction. They could make it a designated shaded meet and greet location for The Country Bears characters with an elaborate backdrop. They could make it a small stage area with a few benches, Canada theater style, with some slapstick improv actors.

All sorts of stuff. In fact, disney used to be genius at filling in such tiny spaces. Hence why the Shooting Arcade exists. They didn’t say “Wellp! Too small! Make it a shop.” Nope. They made it an interactive attraction.

A small one, but still an attraction nonetheless.
Those are all good points and would
Love to see any of those options. I’m Just so sick of seeing people sprawled out on the ground everywhere, it makes the place look so tacky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom