Post your old classic WDW keepsakes/souvenirs

spock8113

More various tickets 1996DisLnd07-96a.jpg1996DisLnd07-96c.jpg1996DisLnd07-96d.jpg1996DisLnd07-96e.jpg2000Dis04-00a.jpg2001Dis07-01a.jpg2001Millionaire07-01.jpg2002DQ01.jpg1996DisLnd07-96a.jpg1996DisLnd07-96c.jpg1996DisLnd07-96d.jpg1996DisLnd07-96e.jpg2000Dis04-00a.jpg2001Dis07-01a.jpg2001Millionaire07-01.jpg2002DQ01.jpg

Goofyernmost

1633870865755.jpeg

Not really an official souvenir, but it is the first year myself and my family visited WDW. To be truthful I didn't even know this existed until many years after our visit. When I say many it was at least 20 years after. I found it in a yard sale for $.50. I was told and didn't even realize at the time that this was the first Birnbaum edition he ever published. It's probably not worth anything, however, I have kept it in the dark and in plastic ever since I spent all that money on it. I do break it out once in awhile to reference past prices and attractions.

thomas998

I still maintain physical possession of very few things I owned 10 years ago, and almost nothing from when I was a kid. So, these pictures come from internet searches, not from my something I still own, but this was probably my favorite souvenir that my parents ever bought me at Disney World:

View attachment 586638

I never owned this one, but it was the absolute prized possession of my best friend growing up. Even in the 1980s, he was still a huge Davy Crockett fan, long after the heyday of the Disney series' popularity. Of the handful of kids I knew in the Philadelphia area that were lucky enough to regularly visit Disney World, if you didn't own this toy rifle yet, you wanted to:

View attachment 586640
Looking back from 2021, I can only marvel at how realistic that toy rifle appears.

I'm pretty certain I had the double-barreled pirate pistol, but who knows what happened to it.

The one souvenir I know I still have somewhere was a free Mickey Mouse comic book they gave away at the Universe of Energy, circa the late 80s (so. Mickey and Goofy learn all about the pros and cons of various sources of energy!

View attachment 586670
I had one of those muskets when I was a kid, only it must have been a much earlier version because it had a ramrod and came with little round corks. You could put them in the musket and the cap was strong enough to shoot them about 15 feet. I suppose in hindsight it was only luck that kept me from shooting someone's eye out.

Heppenheimer

I had one of those muskets when I was a kid, only it must have been a much earlier version because it had a ramrod and came with little round corks. You could put them in the musket and the cap was strong enough to shoot them about 15 feet. I suppose in hindsight it was only luck that kept me from shooting someone's eye out.
A friend of mine had one of those cork-shooting muskets, but I don't think it came from Disney World (I could be wrong on this, though). I remember that his parents threw away the corks after he kept shooting them at his little brother.

Nottamus

No pictures, but first trip there in 1998

Got to room, unpacked and found I totally forgot to pack underwear!

I had no idea how close I was to actual civilization. Some gift shop on Main Street actually sold “gift” boxer briefs
So three pair of Disney underwear at a $60 ish total and I was good for the four days there!

still have them. Haven’t worn since that trip.

Sbk1234

View attachment 592447

Not really an official souvenir, but it is the first year myself and my family visited WDW. To be truthful I didn't even know this existed until many years after our visit. When I say many it was at least 20 years after. I found it in a yard sale for $.50. I was told and didn't even realize at the time that this was the first Birnbaum edition he ever published. It's probably not worth anything, however, I have kept it in the dark and in plastic ever since I spent all that money on it. I do break it out once in awhile to reference past prices and attractions.
Back in the "olden days" up to about the late 1990s, before the internet these Birmbaum books were the greatest way to "take me back" to Walt Disney World. I would sit myself down at a restaurant alone and thumb through (most) every page. The memories would come flooding back. For a while, I made it a tradition to buy the book the year I was going to WDW, starting in 1988 with my first visit.

thomas998

A friend of mine had one of those cork-shooting muskets, but I don't think it came from Disney World (I could be wrong on this, though). I remember that his parents threw away the corks after he kept shooting them at his little brother.
I remember mine was from DL, I know when we got back home a neighbor bought a pistol version that did the same thing from a toy store. I think back in the early days Disney didn't have a lot of special crap created just for them they just stocked places like Tinker Belle's Toy shop with higher end toys you didn't find in regular stores.

Heppenheimer

View attachment 592447

I remember these books being kind of like teaser trailers. We would page through them endlessly on the long drives down from Philadelphia.

I also recall my mom saying that most of the "insider tips" were fairly obvious, like "Get to the parks early!" and "Make your dining reservations when you enter the parks in the morning!".

Goofyernmost

I remember these books being kind of like teaser trailers. We would page through them endlessly on the long drives down from Philadelphia.

I also recall my mom saying that most of the "insider tips" were fairly obvious, like "Get to the parks early!" and "Make your dining reservations when you enter the parks in the morning!".
Do that one now and you are going to be pretty hungry by the time you go home. :p

hopemax

Not WDW, but I was just going through a drawer full of old school / childhood sports type paperwork. And in with all of that I found this. My family did subscribe to The Disney Channel back in the day, but I thought all the correspondence had long been thrown away.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 41

Goofyernmost

I did go to the Adventurers Club once. I'm not a drinker but I did enjoy the various show in the different rooms, but not enough to spend a gazillion dollars on a Coke. I would probably have gone again but by the time I was back there again, it was gone. It is to bad that they don't do that kind of stuff anymore, but even back then cuts were being made and it wasn't hard to notice the number of things and people it required for the show. And like myself, people were going in there and buying one drink and nursing it for the whole evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom