What's deflated your WDW enthusiasm the most: Pandemic or Genie+

What has deflated your WDW enthusiasm the most?

• The pandemic

• Genie+

Results are only viewable after voting.

PSM

While it hasn't deflated my excitement for my upcoming November trip, count me in the category of "frustrated" with Genie+.

There's a lot to gripe about, but the only part that's truly bothering me is that it just threw my whole trip for a loop, as I now have no idea what to expect or how to plan my days, rides, etc., not to mention how much I'll need to spend on the rides having a limited budget.

With a small child (3 going on 4) and limited time for adult attractions, it may be frustrating to make the most of our four days in the parks.

That said...BRING ON THE TRIP!!! 🤘

For me it's not the pandemic. It's the failure of a significant percentage of the population to adhere to the minimum CDC guidelines to combat the pandemic.

Where I live, less than 60% of the eligible population is fully vaccinated. People are ignoring social distancing and many folks are not wearing masks. Of the people I see wearing masks, many do not have their noses covered.

It's just not worth the risk to contract or spread the virus because WDW and other crowded tourist attractions are not really safe until the pandemic is under control.

If I observed that people were properly following all the guidelines and the vaccination rates were higher, I would feel confident in visiting WDW.

But clearly, at this time, a visit to WDW is a fool's errand.

1633728621321.png

Graham9

Adding $15 per day took it from affordable to "far too expensive"?

Yes. But it's not $15/day, it's $15/day/person. So for a family of four on a 14 day hopper ticket, that's $840 on top of admission price for something that was up until recently, free and on top of park admission. I could also throw in the once-free $20/day parking at resorts as well as increased turnstile prices and the increased cost of staying at a resort.

As I said; "It's far too expensive".

Yes. But it's not $15/day, it's $15/day/person. So for a family of four on a 14 day hopper ticket, that's $840 on top of admission price for something that was up until recently, free and on top of park admission. I could also throw in the once-free $20/day parking at resorts as well as increased turnstile prices and the increased cost of staying at a resort.

As I said; "It's far too expensive".
Why do you have to get the 14 day hopper?

nickys

Premium Member
14 days at DisneyWorld and you’re talking about expenses????
With the cost of flights from the U.K., very few people would consider coming for just a week. The destination for many is Florida, not just WDW.

And the cost of a 14 day ticket is better value per day than a 7 day ticket; in fact often we can get 14 days for the price of 7 days. But that’s obviously without G+ added.

@graham, it seems they are extending the validity of the 7 day ticket to the full 14 days again. So if you’re staying offsite and will be doing other stuff too, you might be able to get the 7 day ticket and spread your visits out.

Graham9

With the cost of flights from the U.K., very few people would consider coming for just a week. The destination for many is Florida, not just WDW.

And the cost of a 14 day ticket is better value per day than a 7 day ticket; in fact often we can get 14 days for the price of 7 days. But that’s obviously without G+ added.

@graham, it seems they are extending the validity of the 7 day ticket to the full 14 days again. So if you’re staying offsite and will be doing other stuff too, you might be able to get the 7 day ticket and spread your visits out.

We are aware of the 14 day ticket for cost of 7, but when we started to look at coming later next year and do the things we usually do, it simply pushes the price beyond what we consider acceptable. Taking all the cost of everything which used to be free, and increase in flights, resorts, parking and this app nonsense, its all going to add up to about an additional third of the total cost to come to WDW. So at the moment we are looking at alternatives and options if we do decide to come to Florida.

JusticeDisney

It wasn’t a choice in this poll, but the answer for me is “nothing.” I still love WDW now as much as I ever have. Do I agree with every change they have made over the years? Of course not. But I never expected that I would. Overall, it is still my number one happy place anywhere in the world, and I still love being there.

dman1373

Neither for me as well. I'm disappointed in those who want Disneyworld to be a museum..but only at the time period they remember, nothing b fore, nothing afterwards. That's what Disneyland is for :)
idk if people want it to be museum because they dont want to be nickel and dimed for a bunch of little things that used to be free

HM Spectre

For me, it‘s the simple fact that the empty suits are clearly in charge and are milking the parks and resorts for all they’re worth.

- The experience has been watered down and corners and costs have been cut all over the place. Many of these cuts aren’t temporary.

- Formerly free perks, sources of “value”, and nice touches are now being monetized and new expenses are popping up constantly.

- Additional complexity and added points of frustration creating planning stress.

- All this while seeing massive price inflation across the board.

We’re being told to pay more for less and be happy about it. I‘m not. I love this place but if they keep cutting the experience, I’ll keep cutting back on how much I’m willing to spend…

Snake

So in point of fact you enjoy outdoor roller coasters and a lot of them. That can be the only explanation as to why you have a seasons pass at Six Flags and are downplaying both Disney & Universal. I am sorry, but I have been to three different Six Flags and none of them come close to the experience you get at Disney or Universal.
So that is the real question, am I alone when I look at ROTR or Runaway Railway and see boring rides not worth my time? Slinky Dog Dash is a terrible rollercoaster, how do you build a coaster in 2018 worse than Thunder Mountain built in 1980? Slinky dog dash is the equavlient to a Six Flags coaster and even by those standards it's terrible. Too many people let their love for Disney blind them to the how bad a lot of these rides are, and the time and money they are paying to ride them. We aren't just riding rollercoasters, I still like Star Tours more than ROTR or Smugglers run. I love Toy Story Mania. There is clearly been a departure of quality and lots of people just want to ignore it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom