News Walt Disney World's Character meet locations to reopen along with more shows and entertainment

bdearl41

This is awesome news. We are going in May and it’ll be my 4 year olds first trip and my 7 year olds first trip she will really remember. I’m super hopeful in May it’s like the before times.

James Alucobond

Instead of suboptimal M&Gs, wouldn't it make sense to use that entertainment budget to add more streetmosphere that could be run as "normal"?

Or bring back parades (FoF, actually add one back to DHS, etc.)
The meet & greets are part of currently shuttered venues like Princess Fairytale Hall that they want to get back up and running. They already have cavalcades as a stand-in for parades, much to the chagrin of enthusiasts.

tcool123

It's bizarre that it took this long, to be honest. Other parks have been doing short-distanced M&G's for months.
So has Disney? This meet and greet announcement is only special as its indoor meet and greets.

Over at Epcot Anna and Elsa meet ouside the Royal Sommerhaus, Jasmine on the Morocco Stage, Snow White by her well, Aurora on a side path and various Mickey and Co characters on the sides of Spaceship Earth. This doesn’t include Joy or Pooh who are relatively far from guests and truly are distanced away.

At Animal Kingdom I’ve Russel doing meet and greets at Rafikis Planet Watch Train Station back in August or honestly even earlier than that.

Studios I’ve seen Goofy and Max doing meet and greets over by Peevy’s Polar Pipeline/Holly and Vine. That doesn’t include the distanced meet and greets throughout the park either on Hollywood Boulevard or from Tower of Terror.

So yea the announcement is only special cause the location is indoors.

ToTBellHop

So has Disney? This meet and greet announcement is only special as its indoor meet and greets.

Over at Epcot Anna and Elsa meet ouside the Royal Sommerhaus, Jasmine on the Morocco Stage, Snow White by her well, Aurora on a side path and various Mickey and Co characters on the sides of Spaceship Earth. This doesn’t include Joy or Pooh who are relatively far from guests and truly are distanced away.

At Animal Kingdom I’ve Russel doing meet and greets at Rafikis Planet Watch Train Station back in August or honestly even earlier than that.

Studios I’ve seen Goofy and Max doing meet and greets over by Peevy’s Polar Pipeline/Holly and Vine. That doesn’t include the distanced meet and greets throughout the park either on Hollywood Boulevard or from Tower of Terror.

Indoors will be nice now that summer lasts 7 months in Central Florida…

mattpeto

He declared it over. That’s it. That’s what the world was waiting on.

Parades in every town on earth on October 7!
Bbc One Drama GIF by BBC

themarchhare

Clearly meant indoors... Other parks have already been doing this for months. My point stands.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The outdoor meet and greets are also about as close to normal as you can get, minus the hugging. People are standing right next to the ropes/barriers and having normal conversations with the face characters. I would not really call any of the outdoor meet and greets “distanced.”

Cesar R M

I assume the characters are the usual ones right? not talking Mickey or anything like that?

Speaking of funny...

Despite noise coming from behind the Indiana Jones spectacular back in October 3...
The cast member nearby said the return of Indiana Jones was "pure speculation" XD

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom