News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Ayla

The Disney World website lists Extended Evening Hours for Deluxe Resort guests as starting tonight at the Magic Kingdom and occurring each night this week at MK. Is this a typo or did the Evening Hours also start today?

View attachment 589642
They did not start until October 1st. I asked a VIP tour guide at CS (who verified with a Manager) when I was there and was told it was a programming error. :rolleyes:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'd guess you need to do online (or in person) check in early enough, and set your arrival time to be before those hours. You would be able to show someone at the gate your reservation in MDE for that hotel, so I'd think that should suffice. Not an official take here but you're supposed to be able to use amenities as soon as you check in, even if your room isn't ready.

For example, you used to be able to use dining plan on your MB as soon as you check in, and access any other hotel amenities (or scan into pool gates).
Thanks for the info. I should have mentioned that I'll be staying at the Swan Reserve, so maybe my Marriot app will suffice?

nickys

Premium Member
Well, for what it’s worth I have seen a handful of reports elsewhere.

Rides were a walk-on pretty much, FEA appears to have had the longest waits of about 20 minutes, most were 5-10 minutes. No Remy, which we knew.

The F&W kiosks were (mostly) shut, so we’re most other food places. Not sure about shops, I think someone said Creations looked to still be open at around 11:15pm.

Tomorrow should be interesting at MK.

Gran Fiesta

Rides were a walk-on pretty much, FEA appears to have had the longest waits of about 20 minutes, most were 5-10 minutes. No Remy, which we knew.

The F&W kiosks were (mostly) shut, so we’re most other food places. Not sure about shops, I think someone said Creations looked to still be open at around 11:15pm.

Also so if I stay at a deluxe resort and have park hopper and I do the extended evening hours, then I can make a park reservation at say like Animal Kingdom and then park hop to Magic Kingdom for extended evening hours? I don't have to have a park reservation for magic kingdom right?

Jeffxz

FEA was a bit busy right around 10:00. We went on around 11:15 and it was a walk on, cast were encouraging re-rides as no one was waiting when we were getting out.

TT was a walk on at 10:30.

I didn’t see any F&W booths open. The beer cart in Norway and counter service in Mexico were open at least until 11:30.

Creations shop was open until at least midnight, as was the popcorn stand outside. No club cool though.

The 2 shops under SSE were open as we were walking out at 12:15ish.

Purduevian

So just from watching the app, it seems like the best way to utilize early entry is to NOT go to the headliner, but hit 2-3 smaller attractions at basically a walk on.
In MK, it seems like you could hit Pooh>Mermaid>Hop in line for 7D or SM
In DHS sunset blvd seems to stay at walk ons while SDD and RotR both seem to hit really high waits immediately.

pdude81

So just from watching the app, it seems like the best way to utilize early entry is to NOT go to the headliner, but hit 2-3 smaller attractions at basically a walk on.
In MK, it seems like you could hit Pooh>Mermaid>Hop in line for 7D or SM
In DHS sunset blvd seems to stay at walk ons while SDD and RotR both seem to hit really high waits immediately.
This has always been the TP strategy for riding as much as possible for rope drop. Makes sense for early entry too but sometimes those rides with a smaller line can take a while. Pooh is a good move but just getting through the queue on mermaid can burn off a few minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom