Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
LOL!! You are pretty much right. I am in Omaha. My husband was Air Force and we spent many years at Offutt. When it was time for him to retire, we decided we liked it here and decided to settle here. Definitely won't be forever, but the politics aside, we love Omaha. It's a great mid sized city.
The point is that it was obvious you were in a city environment and/or a college town setting.

things are what they usually are.

Raineman

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I do not watch the Trackers any more; I found their content to be getting boring and somewhat annoying. They have also had some controversial videos in the past. Both these facts are not really a big deal-if you don't like it, don't watch, which is what I've done. The concern I have with them is their young son. They continue to feature him prominently in their videos, even after they have had numerous comments on their videos of someone threatening serious harm to their son. The fact that it is fairly easy to know exactly where they are or where they will be, poses a danger to themselves, and more importantly, their child. This is the issue I have with them-they seem to be more concerned with their views/subs and the $$$ they make than they are about their only child's well-being. The amount of creepy comments regarding their son is disturbing too-people saying they want t-shirts with their son's face on it, people saying they want more of him in their videos, people offering to babysit, etc. They also like to delete comments and ban people who point this out to them. And there are alot of their "stans" that are not bothered by all of this. I completely understand now why some celebrities don't want their children photographed.

Goofyernmost

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I do not watch the Trackers any more; I found their content to be getting boring and somewhat annoying. They have also had some controversial videos in the past. Both these facts are not really a big deal-if you don't like it, don't watch, which is what I've done. The concern I have with them is their young son. They continue to feature him prominently in their videos, even after they have had numerous comments on their videos of someone threatening serious harm to their son. The fact that it is fairly easy to know exactly where they are or where they will be, poses a danger to themselves, and more importantly, their child. This is the issue I have with them-they seem to be more concerned with their views/subs and the $$$ they make than they are about their only child's well-being. The amount of creepy comments regarding their son is disturbing too-people saying they want t-shirts with their son's face on it, people saying they want more of him in their videos, people offering to babysit, etc. They also like to delete comments and ban people who point this out to them. And there are alot of their "stans" that are not bothered by all of this. I completely understand now why some celebrities don't want their children photographed.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. What the hell is the problem with them bringing their young, practically, a baby, son, with them while they work. This is their livelihood and it is no ones business but their own whether or not they bring him along. I would have killed as a young child to go to places like Disney. It's hardly child abuse. I just cannot wrap my brain around what is upsetting about that. Wouldn't you bring your child to WDW? If not why not? If they are right there with their child, what harm are you thinking will come to him. Wouldn't it be easier for harm to come to him if they weren't together. Very few or their vlogs are real time. They might have been there a week ago for all you know. You don't know where they are now, just were they have been.

I really don't watch very many vlogs, just randomly on You Tube, but I never found them offensive in anyway. They always seemed honest in their opinions and for heavens sake if you are going to be upset try and find something legitimate to be upset about. This one is bogus.

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I've said it before and I'll say it again. What the hell is the problem with them bring their young, practically, a baby, son, with them while they work. This is their livelihood and it is no ones business but their own whether or not they bring him along. I would have killed as a young child to go to places like Disney. It's hardly child abuse. I just cannot wrap my brain around what is upsetting about that. Wouldn't you bring your child to WDW? If not why not? If they are right there with their child, what harm are you thinking will come to him. Wouldn't it be easier for harm to come to him if they weren't together. Very few or their vlogs are real time. They might have been there a week ago for all you know. You don't know where they are now, just were they have been.

I really don't watch very many vlogs, just randomly on You Tube, but I never found them offensive in anyway. They always seemed honest in their opinions and for heavens sake if you are going to be upset try and find something legitimate to be upset about. This one is bogus.

My thing is theyre more worried about the kid being on camera than they are the apparent harmful threats they're getting. Someone is taking YouTube a little too seriously.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
My thing is theyre more worried about the kid being on camera than they are the apparent harmful threats they're getting. Someone is taking YouTube a little too seriously.
I get you’re point. But I’m not sure they are more worried about one over the other. We can speculate of course. Also. It isn’t just YouTube for them. It’s their job and main source of income

Goofyernmost

What harmful threats are they getting? And why? If it were you, would you want to leave your child with a stranger miles away or would you want him there to protect him. Seems like it is asking a bit much to separate them. Keeping him on camera might even be a way to protect him.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I get you’re point. But I’m not sure they are more worried about one over the other. We can speculate of course. Also. It isn’t just YouTube for them. It’s their job and main source of income

No, I meant the viewers and people who leave comments are taking YouTube too seriously. It's nobody else's life.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
What harmful threats are they getting? And why? If it were you, would you want to leave your child with a stranger miles away or would you want him there to protect him. Seems like it is asking a bit much to separate them. Keeping him on camera might even be a way to protect him.

A poster a few posts up claims people are leaving harmful threats in the comments, which I can believe because, again, people take YouTube way too seriously.

Dear Prudence

There are countless essays, articles, and videos about the ethics of family vlogs, and how we don't even know what the lasting effects are going to be because this is all too new. :(

Chip Chipperson

Perhaps, but none of us knows what they have or haven't reported to law enforcement. They might take it very seriously but believe that 99% of the people saying that kind of stuff are just people who hate them and want to chase them off YouTube permanently and that the other 1% will be dealt with by law enforcement.

Chip Chipperson

Pete rant, and it's a good one. I know a lot of people are turned off by him in general, but I think he's spot on here.

I kind of enjoy Pete most of the time. I have no idea what kind of a boss he is or how pleasant or unpleasant that message board is because I haven't visited it, but his videos seem to be his honest opinion whether he is praising or slamming the company. Obviously, he's got a bit of a bias against any DVC policy changes that might impact his DVC resale business but I always get the sense that he's being honest when he reviews a resort or restaurant.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Perhaps, but none of us knows what they have or haven't reported to law enforcement. They might take it very seriously but believe that 99% of the people saying that kind of stuff are just people who hate them and want to chase them off YouTube permanently and that the other 1% will be dealt with by law enforcement.
I was referring to the people in the youtube comments and on here taking it too seriously. Like theyre more worried about the kid on camera than whats going on behind the scenes. Im sure the Trackers have been in touch with law enforcement already.

Diamond Dot

I used to love vloggers like the trackers, Adam the woo, etc but for a while now I’ve really started not to like them. I feel like it’s a food/family vlog. Anyone else feel this way?
I only starting watching Youtube a couple of years ago and I watched vloggers quite regularly before realising they are quite selfish people. They are basically narcissists who post endless boring videos that rub our noses in how fortunate they are to be able to go so often and then complain when they couldn't go because of Covid.
I just found out Tim Tracker has been given the cold shoulder by Disney and for good reason, he and his partner have posted some horrible videos in the past that they never removed and their views on things are nasty.
Personally I think Disney should stop their involvement with vloggers, giving them freebies etc. I'm wholeheartedly fed up with going to the parks and my privacy invaded by people live streaming and expecting everyone to get out of their way or doing stuff and going into places they are not supposed to just to get content for their channels or social media accounts. The whole atmosphere has changed since social media arrived, lots of people who would have never gone to Disney now go simply to create social media content and they are so entitled too.
I'm not saying I don't take photos or videos, but, they are my personal memories. I'm not on social media, I like my privacy too much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom