Labor cost cutting measures begin at Walt Disney World as the company enters Q1

sullyinMT

How much labor $ can be saved by halting new CP admissions? Or does rent income on the dorms plus lower hourly wages balance out more than lowering PT CMs’ hours?

tallica

That’s debatable and not really accurate. Right now all indications are that lower attendance is being driven my Covid fear, economic impacts, and loss of international travel. Just like what is negatively impacting all sectors of travel and tourism. Disney’s lowered standards does not appear to be a factor….. yet.
Antidotal, but I know several people who are servers at Disney. Since servers spend extended time time talking with guests they often get a lot of guest feedback. The number one complaint by a high margin is about paying more for dramatically less. They hear daily variations on how the Magic is less/gone.

Nubs70

If one reduces Mr. Chapeks pay by 90% then redistribute across the entire business entity known as Disney, how much of a bump would everyone get in $/hr raise assuming 2080 hrs/yr?

homerdance

The crowds just aren’t there. It can be attributed to COVID delta variant, but TDO isn’t helping themselves. The prices they are asking for the hotels are unrealistic. When the swolphin is available for $250 a night and they are asking $600+ For AoA? But people don’t seem to be booking those either.

They have blocked out a lot of cast members from the parks PARTS OF October.

They still haven’t give any time frames and actual cost to use genie$+ not to mention the details of what is included. Something that used to be included in the price is now $15 more per person per day on top of increased park tickets.

Cutting their contracts with bags inc to no longer offer baggage handling of any sort for guests is a big pain.

They announced the DDP is coming back but still nothing.

They have three major attractions closed that should have been (re)opened by now.

EPCOT is not worth the walk through the construction maze. Talk about bad timing/luck on that one.

The trams aren’t back still. So any of the locals who drive get an extra coupe steps on the ole pedometer.

Last edited:

GladToBeHear

The 20 Best Quotes From Office Space | ScreenRant

CaptainAmerica

They have blocked out a lot of cast members from the parks all October.
What do you gain from lying about this?

Magic Kingdom is blocked this week. All other parks are open this week except for Friday and Saturday.

Block out dates for the rest of October have not been published.

Nubs70

I just left the boardwalk, was in a 3 bedroom grand villa. When I arrived the shower head in the master bathroom was just hanging off the wall, and the fridge was warm and didn’t work.

Since this was DVC I don’t expect much mousekeeping but at least check the freakin rooms before people check in.
Hah, I got a free oatmeal chocolate chip cookie at the Doubletree tonight.

fgmnt

That was exactly my point. They'll do anything to save money BUT cancel the expensive retheme.

I know this really is not the thread for it, but the alternative to the choice taken by management and the one you are advocating here is the indefinite rot of the interior of the attraction, in some cases literally. They are doing enough of that already around the resort on marquee attractions (Spaceship Earth), I do not understand why you want it to happen on another one of the 10 most important attractions on property.

sullyinMT

The dorms are not profitable.
I wouldn’t think so. I was thinking more along the lines of some occupancy being better than an empty building. Much the same way cruises may not be profitable right now, but it’s better than an empty ship chewing up fuel and even minimal labor with no income.

But what point is the break even for DCP apartment dorms with labor rates, rental income, maintenance all factored in, vs paying PT or even regular FTEs park operations where CP are utilized? And would Disney rather pay regular staff and retain them, or keep the CP revolving door and hope to get some percentage of them to sign on down the road in other roles?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom