News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

ToTBellHop

There are plenty of Disney surveys that have shown certain attractions or shows to be subpar. Rivers of Light, for example, had pretty poor ratings. Or Stitch, which was so bad that the MK as a whole had better guest satisfaction ratings on days when the attraction was closed.
Absolutely.

judino28

Leading up to the debut, several news articles quoted Mark Renfrow that "Just like visual Easter eggs, this has some audio Easter eggs in there," referring to nods to shows that came before. Can someone please point out these "Easter Eggs?" This is a serious question; I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

Sir_Cliff

Now I haven't seen it in person, but after watching the multiple camera angle 4K video that is out there of Enchantment, my opinion is that it is in between. It is better than HEA, which I wasn't fond of and thought it was too much Moana sing along and not enough fireworks, but it's not as good as Wishes.
Huh? Doesn't Enchantment have more Moana?

Unless I'm misremembering this, HEA just had the one song (How Far I'll Go). Enchantment has We Know The Way and then comes back to Moana again toward the end with a lengthy clip of the reprise of How Far I'll Go.

mattpeto

Huh? Doesn't Enchantment have more Moana?

Unless I'm misremembering this, HEA just had the one song (How Far I'll Go). Enchantment has We Know The Way and then comes back to Moana again toward the end with a lengthy clip of the reprise of How Far I'll Go.

"How Far I'll go" reprise is my favorite part of DE. I just love the chorus part, it's definitely goosebumps worthy in my book.

Random thoughts:
  • I do wish they would have used some original singers, they clearly went away from that direction from HEA. In fact, I don't think "Into the Unknown" sounds good at all. If they weren't going with Idina, they should just went Panic! version... (ducks head, but that guy can sing)
  • The theme song is good and it might be better than the pop start of HEA. But coming out of "I can go the distance" from HEA finale reigns supreme.
  • The end of the Disney Enchantment should have ended on the last "You are the Magic" line with the finale of fireworks finale. Instead it waited for the narrator.
Enchantment is a good show, but it will have to live in the shadow of it's predecessor, which remains a Titan.

ToTBellHop

"How Far I'll go" reprise is my favorite part of DE. I just love the chorus part, it's definitely goosebumps worthy in my book.

Random thoughts:
  • I do wish they would have used some original singers, they clearly went away from that direction from HEA. In fact, I don't think "Into the Unknown" sounds good at all. If they weren't going with Idina, they should just went Panic! version... (ducks head, but that guy can sing)
  • The theme song is good and it might be better than the pop start of HEA. But coming out of "I can go the distance" from HEA finale reigns supreme.
  • The end of the Disney Enchantment should have ended on the last "You are the Magic" line with the finale of fireworks finale. Instead it waited for the narrator.
Enchantment is a good show, but it will have to live in the shadow of it's predecessor, which remains a Titan.
I LOVE the Panic! At the Disco version!

TTA94

Depending on if the negativity toward DE continues, could that help the odds of a nighttime parade or bringing back OUAT? I doubt they will scrap DE, but who knows.

wtyy21

Depending on if the negativity toward DE continues, could that help the odds of a nighttime parade or bringing back OUAT? I doubt they will scrap DE, but who knows.
Negativity toward DE only happens on first two weeks of appearance. I believe in short term, the reaction of DE will become more positive.

Vinnie Mac

BTW, surveys are being done and it looks like they will be able to present the case that DE will be rated as well as HEA with guests. No problem, move along.:confused:
Sad day if you're a HEA fan. Tbh I don't feel too bad about this though. That's a good thing and I'm glad others are enjoying it. I think this is a sign that this show grew on a lot of people very quickly or maybe the general public just fell in love at first sight but the feedback on the first night was less than favorable overall so it has to be either... Lol

Vinnie Mac

I don’t personally find the Castle projections to be as lazy as some seem to feel. I prefer projections that work with the architecture rather than projecting extremely distorted characters onto large portions of a textured building.

View attachment 590993View attachment 590994View attachment 590995View attachment 590996
And I really like the effect of Tink flying up the Castle and emerging in perfect synchronization. Cool effect.
View attachment 590997
I agree with the criticism of Tink having no build up but I will say, her coming out in perfect synchronization with the little animation on the castle made me very happy. At least some people in the company still care about attention to detail lol.

Vinnie Mac

Negativity toward DE only happens on first two weeks of appearance. I believe in short term, the reaction of DE will become more positive.
Knew from the day that DE was announced this would be the case. I wonder if this will become a common trend in the future. Everyone hates the show to start off and then everyone ends up loving the show when it's about to be retired.

Vinnie Mac

I simply don't buy it. Their social medias are a complete and utter disaster.
I buy it. Most people on social media have yet to see it in person. Not saying this invalidates their opinions as I myself have yet to see it in person yet I already hold plenty of opinions both positive and negative of the show. But people who've seen it in person are probably more likely to have actually enjoyed it.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I agree with the criticism of Tink having no build up but I will say, her coming out in perfect synchronization with the little animation on the castle made me very happy. At least some people in the company still care about attention to detail lol.
Does it? I didn't find that all too convincing. I get what they were going for but the Tink animation plays too fast compared to the slow going zipline'd Tink. The two effects might come together at the correct point in time but the Tink animation is far too fast and the zipline Tink too slow for them to be percieved as one and the same character. At least, it's that way for me.

If the Tink animation were slower against a more neutral background she'd "read" better visually. She gets lost in the rainbow pride pattern they put her against and the rapid animation doesn't help. I think that's why some people are questioning the blink and you miss it appearance. It's almost as if she just "appears" into existance. I don't think the visuals work at all personally.

As for the negativity... It's warranted. The projections are too busy and the fireworks too few. The pacing of the show plays too quick lessening any chance for guests to process the visuals on the castle in any meaningful way. Because of that there's a general lack of awe and appreciation. The pacing kills this show. The other issue is of course the subject matter. Wrong show for the 50th.

Last edited:
If the Tink animation were slower against a more neutral background she'd "read" better visually. She gets lost in the rainbow pride pattern they put her against and the rapid animation doesn't help. I think that's why some people are questioning the blink and you miss it appearance. It's almost as if she just "appears" into existance. I don't think the visuals work at all personally.
Something like how in Happily Ever After Tink flying is changing the castle to the red royal colors where she flies?

Vinnie Mac

Does it? I didn't find that all too convincing. I get what they were going for but the Tink animation plays too fast compared to the slow going zipline'd Tink. The two effects might come together at the correct point in time but the Tink animation is far too fast and the zipline Tink too slow for them to be percieved as one and the same character. At least, it's that way for me.

As for the negativity... It's warranted. The projections are too busy and the fireworks too few. The pacing of the show plays too quick lessening any chance for guests to process the visuals on the castle in any meaningful way. Because of that there's a general lack of awe and appreciation. The pacing kills this show. The other issue is of course the subject matter. Wrong show for the 50th.
I get it. I don't agree but I understand where you're coming from

wtyy21

A considerable number of folks are inquiring about postponing reservations to 2023, citing disappointment with the 50th, including Disney Enchantment and HarmoniUS. Whether this will be in sufficient numbers to justify action on Disney's part remains to be seen.
Many of them are visiting Disneyland in Anaheim instead. This is even noticeable from people in West Coast who are planning to visit WDW.

Disney Glimpses

I keep watching the show wanting to fall in love but how subpar the projections are is so jarring. Look at the difference between the Moana scenes:
1633391008651.png
1633391094467.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom