Upcoming resort discounts for early 2022?

Daily Magic

Original Poster
I have a current trip booked for early February at a non discounted rate and I’m waiting, hoping, any day now that a discount may pop up for that time frame. The last discount rate just expired at the end of September and I’ve been looking back every day for the next discount to be announced. I’m hoping I can transfer my existing rate to a discounted rate if one gets announced.

Now that time of year is traditionally quiet but with the 50th I’m sure it’ll be busier than normal. Does anyone expect a discount to be announced for this time? Do you think Disney will offer less discounts bc of the appeal of the 50th?

Nickels5

I have a current trip booked for early February at a non discounted rate and I’m waiting, hoping, any day now that a discount may pop up for that time frame. The last discount rate just expired at the end of September and I’ve been looking back every day for the next discount to be announced. I’m hoping I can transfer my existing rate to a discounted rate if one gets announced.

Now that time of year is traditionally quiet but with the 50th I’m sure it’ll be busier than normal. Does anyone expect a discount to be announced for this time? Do you think Disney will offer less discounts bc of the appeal of the 50th?
I was coming to ask this as well.

mattpeto

They have held back inventory for the remaining part of the year, that much is clear.

I would think by February, more inventory will be available and they will need to include some discounts.

COProgressFan

I don't think they will offer one because they don't need to, unfortunately

Not exactly sure what you mean by this. They are able to fill their rooms, but only because a huge number of resort rooms have been taken out of inventory, and some will continue to remain closed. If they were to open up every room on property, there is no way they'd be able to fill them with rack rate purchases.

They have held back inventory for the remaining part of the year, that much is clear.

I would think by February, more inventory will be available and they will need to include some discounts.

I agree, and I think they seem to be testing the waters to see what they can get away with in terms of pricing. I think for now they seem to be ok with selling less rooms but at full rack rates. In the long term, however, I'm not sure that can last. You don't build 28,000 rooms to keep them empty. Something has to give.

Dave B

There are not that many hotels and rooms not open, they have to be at 90% plus by now and International Travel isn't really up and going yet, there is so much demand right now, they will not need to offer anything, but I guess time will tell

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I wouldn’t hold out much hope for any discounts coming. They can barely handle what they have opened now.

wdwfan22

Unless staffing improves I don't see them discounting the resorts. They can't handle the demand they have now, that's why so many rooms are out of inventory. The demand they are getting is willing to pay full price for what is currently being offered.

PrincessNelly_NJ

They been sending out pin codes for 10 days in December. Otherwise nothing.
We are booked for late Jan/early Feb and it would be nice to have a discount but if not, we've scored a standard room and are okay with the price. We're stocking up on discounted gift cards.
You might luck up with a travel agency that has special rates.

LeighM

I called to try and apply the Disney Visa room discount to my December stay but all of the rooms/resorts were taken. Apparently, they were snatched up quickly this year at the time when they emailed out the promotion all kinds of late. The phone rep I spoke to said that discounts were more likely to be released for 2022 but they probably wouldn't be released until December or early January because of so many variables. But that there probably wouldn't be any discounts for the remaining part of 2021. Not sure if you have Disney Visa but they will have room or package discounts. Also, Magical Vacations Travel has special discounted group rates during select weeks at select resorts. And MouseSavers had specially discounted rates and some off property resorts, as well.

Weather_Lady

Truth but I can’t deny the appeal of walking to Epcot or HWS, my two favorite parks
Although they have their pluses and minuses, if the walk to Epcot/HS is a big draw for you, you might consider Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve, which give you all the same perks (plus early entry and late-night access as with Disney deluxes) at a fraction of the price of the Disney-owned Epcot/HS resorts. AAA discounts are also sometimes available.

As an example, while it wasn't a perfect stay (for reasons not relevant here), we spent a week in August at the Dolphin, in a studio suite (standard room with big family room attached), at a AAA rate that was little more than half the price of staying in a single standard room at the Yacht Club, Beach Club, or Boardwalk for the same dates, even after considering that Disney had a modest discount on its rooms at the time, and even after adding in taxes and fees and the Swan/Dolphin's big old $35 daily resort fee. YMMV.

Last edited:

mattpeto

Does anyone think we will get early 2022 discounts soon?
Here is my take:

Not opening All-Star Sports should be a sign that WDW still hasn't opened up all inventory. POR and POFQ when they opened were only at 50% capacity. The good news is that several club level inventory is returning later this month and into 2022. It's a number game, Disney doesn't want to discount rack rates if only 75% (just a guess) of their rooms are being sold (as compared to 100% from pre-pandemic Disney).

Besides the AP discount, I think there might be some wiggle room for discounts for the public. But I'd have some AP people chime-in first, since they can actively see what's available or not.

JohnD

Does anyone think we will get early 2022 discounts soon?

Raxel7851

We just got an email offering an AP holders discount for dates late February to early March. We snagged a room at AKL. We wanted PORFQ, but apparently all the discounted rooms were taken. But we’ve always wanted to stay at AKL, so it worked out right for us.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Disney is not doing any discounts for the general public for early 2022. If you are not an AP or Disney Visa holder, your best bet is Priceline.com. They have Disney moderate and deluxe availability with 10% discounts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom