News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

mikejs78

Premium Member
BTW, surveys are being done and it looks like they will be able to present the case that DE will be rated as well as HEA with guests. No problem, move along.:confused:
I'm ok with this, I like what I see so far. Would have liked a WDW specific show but I think this show looks pretty good.

Harm on the other hand - Is the same true about that show in regards to guest ratings?

wtyy21

BTW, surveys are being done and it looks like they will be able to present the case that DE will be rated as well as HEA with guests. No problem, move along.:confused:
I bet people who watching the show online at soft opening (media event) and the official public debut will need to see Enchantment in person to see how someone feel about DE actually. This was in case when Disneyland Forever premiered in May 2015, when people initially didn't like the show because it was not celebrating the park, DLF actually celebrate movies like Magical and Wishes was.

ToTBellHop

Really? I would think the exact opposite.. I liked DE, didn't care for Harm.
It’s all about comparing to the previous show when you only care about GSATs. MK shows have rated higher than Epcot shows for years. Disney believes that they already have enough demand for the parks, so if they can maintain the status quo, everything is good. I’m sure Harm will see some updates because they want it to show for many years, but they do not view this as the disaster the bloggers are suggesting.

Just keep rolling out new food every few months with a new ride every 6 months and the celebration will be a smashing success!

I think we will get the WDWRR before the 50th is over, so there’s that.

ToTBellHop

Are they surveying Chapek's family members?

Disney Enchantment is fine, but it's not HEA.
If you ask people how satisfied they are with two shows, even if you have them assign a number, if you set a 7 out of 10 as “satisfied,” and 90+% rated HEA at 7-or-higher with that also being the case for DE, you can declare the job a success. After all, they all want to protect their own jobs. It doesn’t matter if the average rating is lower. That doesn’t appear in the PowerPoint slide deck.

To be fair, with demand coming once vaccines are available to kids, it will probably work.

I think both shows are fine for the 50th. I’m curious to hear more about plans in Spring 2023. I doubt we will see any significant changes (other than perhaps adding some dialogue) before then.

trainplane3

Not heard anything about that yet, but I don't think Harmonious has got as many problems as DE.
I guess I'm back to skipping these "nighttime spectaculars" like I used to a long time ago. They definitely don't seem like they're worth wasting the time of finding a spot when I could be riding something.

ToTBellHop

I don’t personally find the Castle projections to be as lazy as some seem to feel. I prefer projections that work with the architecture rather than projecting extremely distorted characters onto large portions of a textured building.

19E8ED7D-39D7-479E-BEE3-F561DCB02727.jpeg
A7F17F39-C73B-43AC-B9A5-BA6C84B1C7A7.jpeg
CFCB8FC2-8EF5-4653-AE61-3AE7CAC672B3.jpeg
E9FCE5D5-E1D9-4B00-8ACC-50DF72F268EB.jpeg

And I really like the effect of Tink flying up the Castle and emerging in perfect synchronization. Cool effect.
90A310FB-A9FD-4A4C-9FF5-964EC5D844C3.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don’t personally find the Castle projections to be as lazy as some seem to feel. I prefer projections that work with the architecture rather than projecting extremely distorted characters onto large portions of a textured building.

View attachment 590993View attachment 590994View attachment 590995View attachment 590996
And I really like the effect of Tink flying up the Castle and emerging in perfect synchronization. Cool effect.
View attachment 590997

Those shots look good, but then you have stuff like this...

1633355738687.png

1633355752447.png

ToTBellHop

Those shots look good, but then you have stuff like this...

View attachment 590998

View attachment 590999
Indeed. Not everything is perfect, just like HEA. I went searching because people were suggesting it was just a solid blue Castle with characters. That’s not really the case. I suspect they were watching poor-quality streams. Like Disney’s… I feel like all of these shows sometimes suffer from characters wrapping around structures. I seem to remember a retractable screen under the clock at some point?

willsdad01

I watched the live debut on Disney Parks stream. I won't get into the differences between HEA and this as I was a big fan of Wishes. Wishes was elegant, yet powerful. It told a story. Disney missed on Enchantment. In my opinion it's due to content, story telling, and the music. One would think this being about turning 50, they would have incorporated some history. How about starting the show with Steamboat Willy making it's way around the Main Street buildings and landing on the castle? How about a picture of Walt and Mickey or Walt speaking on the castle then, BOOM fireworks explode as they integrate some of the older music and Disney animation in a more contemporary style. Would it not have been moving to hear some Spectromagic music and Electric Parade music along with some Wishes all flowing within the show? If given the right direction, the whole show could've told a great story. I'm sure people worked hard on this so I won't call it lazy. Sometimes people try too hard to make something and they miss. This is an example. I wasn't impressed and it had nothing to do with the projections. It had everything to do with missing the mark of being 50 and the stories that have played a part in that history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom