News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

TP2000

This.

Someone needed to say it, and I'm glad you did.

I for one look forward to seeing it in a couple of days.
Every show needs to be experienced in person before dismissing it.

And I say that as someone who is very unhappy with the 'burnt tacos' situation over at Epcot.
As critical as I am about those barges ...and the issues they have caused ....I am STILL giving 'Harmonius' a chance in a few days when I see it in person.
Every show should be given a chance.

-

A perfectly sane and lovely sentiment there. Thank you!

And at least they've got a well designed seating area for it. The problems with the infamous Light Magic in '97 weren't just technical or artistic, the logistical problems were even worse for that show. There just wasn't enough audience space for a parade that didn't actually move. They've got a big stadium for KiteTails and the most viewing space of any Disney theme park for Harmonious.

The jetski skills and the pacing and the balloons can all be fiddled with.

That said, after I was trying to follow your cue to be polite and gracious, the videos of Baloo stuck in a tree today still makes me giggle! 😁

Last edited:

TP2000

Still baffles the mind that they haven't done World Of Color East in this particular segment of water. The answer was kites? Really?

Isn't a big part of that explained by Animal Kingdom's need to be quieter than the average theme park for the animal's sanity, especially after sunset?

World of Color is LOUD. Just the sound of the water exploding and firing 150 feet in the air is loud, so they have to turn up the audio even louder to layer over the very loud crashing/exploding water noise and the roaring jets of fire, etc.

I'm thinking the restrictions placed on them artistically in DAK will prevent a World of Color type show there. Or am I over-thinking it?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
2BA405FD-7DE0-43E1-AE57-B04830C83744.jpeg

-backstage humor

Figments Friend

Wait.....
So did I read here right, the Shows have been pulled and are no longer performing?
What?
Need some real confirmation.

I'm at WDW now....and was going over to see this within the next day or two.
Did I miss my chance?
Was actually interested in seeing this in person.

-

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Breaking:
Disney KiteTails Performances Canceled Due to ‘Unforeseen Circumstances’ at Animal Kingdom

Anyone know what the unforeseen circumstances were? Bad feedback perhaps? lol

This was pretty much foreseen if you ask me. As for the circumstances, they'll just blame the wind. Who knew?! 🤷‍♂️

techgeek

There are a lot of hilarious stories from this show that haven't even happened in view of the public. This show was, at least as of two weeks ago, known to be pretty rough.

I look at those huge kites and the beating they are already taking and wonder… how long did they expect to get out of a set of them? Did they have backups or are they unique?

Just dumping them on the bleachers or in the water half a dozen times a day like that can’t be good for keeping those things flight-worthy day in and day out.

Dan Deesnee

You know some very talented people were given a shoestring budget and told to make a show for animal Kingdom.

I won't sit here and mock what they did, make fun of it, or even really criticize it. I applaud KiteTails and all those who worked on it. I think what they put together is cute, fun, imaginative, and something that I can see my younger kids along with many other people really enjoying.

It honestly makes me a bit sad to read some of the comments both here and on social media. 😒

Magic Feather

Wait.....
So did I read here right, the Shows have been pulled and are no longer performing?
What?
Need some real confirmation.

I'm at WDW now....and was going over to see this within the next day or two.
Did I miss my chance?
Was actually interested in seeing this in person.

-
Today’s last few shows were pulled.

Expect a show with some missing elements starting again tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom