News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

bcoachable

This makes sense. I think Covid really effed up a lot of Disney’s operations/teams/heart. I don’t think they’re purposely trying to self destruct, but there was so much upheaval and change the last almost two years now it really just got left with a mess. I feel we are in for a turbulent couple of years until they find their groove again. And although we should have to, I think is as fans really need to reach out and hold them accountable: go to guest relations, talk to managers, send emails. I know they probably have people reading here too. We have to get them to wake up and realize we deserve better.
I actually feel bad for them. The infrastructure and base of this show is awesome! They WILL get their groove back! I know it! (Que “Wishes”) :)

heapster411

With the best planning that the Imagineers did, Technical, Animation, and Pyro, the sent the final package up the food chain. As anybody that has worked for a corporation knows that someone in a position that they shouldn't be in has to put in their two cents. So the best show that was presented to them HAS to be changed. The big muck-a-mucks whip out their erasers and cut here, change there, and before you know it, what was presented to them, doesn't exist anymore. Epcot was about NEW technology, cutting edge and futuristic. I believe this is going in the opposite direction. Sure you are going to have people that will enjoy it, but to people that has watched Epcot evolve since the beginning, We see that this is wrong. Sure, you are going to have some in the public love it. But hey, you had people loved the "New Coke" and "Crystal Pepsi". I know Bob Chapek saw this before the public did. Did he sign off on this? I will get off my soap box now.

Jon81uk

Watched the Disney video, don’t get the criticism that there is no “ending” as it was quite obvious to me. But it felt like an okay Disney show, not a fantastic fireworks show which was what RoE was. There is no overall theme, just random songs.

CrashNet

Apparently the pyro in Harmonious is not what was originally planned, but they were left without a choice to push forward because of shipping delays. Considering EVERYTHING coming from overseas is weeks and weeks delayed, that would make sense. Any legitimacy to this?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This makes sense. I think Covid really effed up a lot of Disney’s operations/teams/heart. I don’t think they’re purposely trying to self destruct, but there was so much upheaval and change the last almost two years now it really just got left with a mess. I feel we are in for a turbulent couple of years until they find their groove again. And although we should have to, I think is as fans really need to reach out and hold them accountable: go to guest relations, talk to managers, send emails. I know they probably have people reading here too. We have to get them to wake up and realize we deserve better.
I don’t think covid messed anything up for Disney I think Disney took advantage of it to change big things to save money and make more. Sadly the guest experience is an after thought to that now

Disney Analyst

B-Mode after 1 day? Lolololol great job! I'm sure those day time fountains will work just as well.

The B-Mode is allegedly the only version we have seen.

It sounds like there is meant to be a lot more pyro that had to be reduced due to supply issues.

With the current global market supply chain issues we are facing, this actually does make sense.

Ponderer

I don’t think covid messed anything up for Disney I think Disney took advantage of it to change big things to save money and make more. Sadly the guest experience is an after thought to that now

COVID messed up things for everyone. Good grief. I’m sure they’re keeping All-Star Sports and all sorts of cash cows closed for funsies.

Sam Magic

I have to give Bob Chapek credit. He finally made Epcot a park that kids will enjoy more than adults.

I haven't been to WDW since June of 2008. I went this week to be there for and celebrate the 50th anniversary. I get that this anniversary was meant to be a celebration, but it feels more like a funeral. The most depressing moment for me was watching Harmonious.

I had no expectations heading in. I haven't been deeply involved in the Disney fan community since D23 2019 and I genuinely didn't know what Harmonious would consist of. Understandably, Disney is shifting more towards an IP-centric experience. It's all about moving products and judged on that criteria, Harmonious was a success.

Yet, none of us spend ridiculous amounts of money going to these parks because we like Disney products and are simply fans of a soulless global corporation. We go because these parks--and the experiences they contain--make us feel something. They inspire us and offer us an idea of life as it could be. Harmonious, more than any other change that's happened, showcases that Disney is no longer interested in doing this. Harmonious is the worst thing I've ever watched. It makes me regret coming back to the resort.

The show contains tired songs and lackluster scores. Most of the songs featured do not even have a tie-in with the countries actually in World Showcase. Above all, the show just lacks any real story, pacing, or message. Essential to Disney is storytelling. Harmonious fails to tell us anything, which is why it fails as a Disney show. It looks like Disney, it sounds like Disney, but it isn't Disney.

Perhaps I should've let my visit in 2008 be my last. Things always seem better with nostalgia. Having returned and watched this ghastly replacement for RoE, I now know that the WDW I knew and loved is dead. Maybe it's time to move on and accept that Disney has sold its soul and lived long enough to see itself become the villain.

aladdin2007

I have to give Bob Chapek credit. He finally made Epcot a park that kids will enjoy more than adults.

I haven't been to WDW since June of 2008. I went this week to be there for and celebrate the 50th anniversary. I get that this anniversary was meant to be a celebration, but it feels more like a funeral. The most depressing moment for me was watching Harmonious.

I had no expectations heading in. I haven't been deeply involved in the Disney fan community since D23 2019 and I genuinely didn't know what Harmonious would consist of. Understandably, Disney is shifting more towards an IP-centric experience. It's all about moving products and judged on that criteria, Harmonious was a success.

Yet, none of us spend ridiculous amounts of money going to these parks because we like Disney products and are simply fans of a soulless global corporation. We go because these parks--and the experiences they contain--make us feel something. They inspire us and offer us an idea of life as it could be. Harmonious, more than any other change that's happened, showcases that Disney is no longer interested in doing this. Harmonious is the worst thing I've ever watched. It makes me regret coming back to the resort.

The show contains tired songs and lackluster scores. Most of the songs featured do not even have a tie-in with the countries actually in World Showcase. Above all, the show just lacks any real story, pacing, or message. Essential to Disney is storytelling. Harmonious fails to tell us anything, which is why it fails as a Disney show. It looks like Disney, it sounds like Disney, but it isn't Disney.

Perhaps I should've let my visit in 2008 be my last. Things always seem better with nostalgia. Having returned and watched this ghastly replacement for RoE, I now know that the WDW I knew and loved is dead. Maybe it's time to move on and accept that Disney has sold its soul and lived long enough to see itself become the villain.
spot on sadly.

TrojanUSC

The B-Mode is allegedly the only version we have seen.

It sounds like there is meant to be a lot more pyro that had to be reduced due to supply issues.

With the current global market supply chain issues we are facing, this actually does make sense.

I think the "B-Mode" referred to here is the fact the Stargate projections failed so they ran a B-Mode version last night with just some pretty lights shining in the middle.

Disney Analyst

I think the "B-Mode" referred to here is the fact the Stargate projections failed so they ran a B-Mode version last night with just some pretty lights shining in the middle.

No. The b-mode came up from a tweet, and the person who tweeted explained the b-mode being less pyro. Had nothing to do with the one-off malfunction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom