News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
We set out on an adventure to find the magic of dreams come true (typical of MK shows).
That's a great premise. But has nothing to do with an anniversary celebration.
As is typical of MK shows,
This show should not be "typical" in any fashion. Especially considering the company is advertising this anniversary celebration as a reason to plan a trip and visit.

"Come visit our parks for a typical celebration".

SweetDuffy101

In response to “it has no story”.

We set out on an adventure to find the magic of dreams come true (typical of MK shows).

Joe Gardner transports the park into “the zone” to then enter a variety of dream worlds in search of “the magic.” As is typical of MK shows, this involves entering a number of well-known fantasy worlds. Eventually, we move “Into the Unknown” and the villains are unleashed.

In the end, the heroes save the day and we discover the truth: “the Magic is you.”

I don’t honestly think it’s that hard to follow. Listen to the soundtrack without watching the visuals. It’s about as straightforward as HEA’s story. Much more straightforward than ROE. I think some here are being intentionally obtuse because they are angry about not hearing “it’s a small world.” While Harm may be jumbled due to some unfortunate late edits, this really isn’t.

I think it has beautiful score. The blending of instrumentals in the middle is wonderful and feels like Wishes and even FitS. The start and finish feel like HEA. Can we not see that the design team tried to give us a blending of all previous MK firework shows for the 50th?

The Castle projections were simplified due to complaints that most people (especially kids) can’t see them. We all loved Wishes and it sometimes turned the castle blue with stars. That was it. It was determined that they went too-detailed for HEA so this is a middle ground. Further, this was developed during the pandemic. They needed to think of ways to move guests away from the Hub.

The music swells as Tink flies with a path lit by a line of fireworks. Pretty dramatic to me…
Yeah not all people can think about what you just explain, I'm sorry but what does recent IP and Generic singers have to do with 50 years of history, Come on this is a clip show marketing for Disney Plus 😂.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It’s a firework show that samples stylistically from 50 years of firework shows. They should have upgraded the classic rides, but I don’t think the problems with the 50th are due to this show but rather the lack of other things.
You're saying the only nod to "50 years" is in reference to fireworks styles. Not to the parks, not to the resorts, the music or any other aspects of the Walt Disney World Resort.

And yes, we do hear music from some classic movies, but if samples from Peter Pan, Mermaid, and BaTB are meant to tell a story of 50 years of the e tire resort, then basically every show property wide checks that box.

ToTBellHop

That's a great premise. But has nothing to do with an anniversary celebration.

This show should not be "typical" in any fashion. Especially considering the company is advertising this anniversary celebration as a reason to plan a trip and visit.

"Come visit our parks for a typical celebration".
I agree with you that they didn’t do enough in total. At a minimum, TRON should be open.

ToTBellHop

Yeah not all people can think about what you just explain, I'm sorry but what does recent IP and Generic singers have to do with 50 years of history, Come on this is a clip show marketing for Disney Plus 😂.
If they can’t think about what I explained, the story didn’t matter to them. They just hear songs they recognize.

hpyhnt 1000

Joe Gardner transports the park into “the zone” to then enter a variety of dream worlds in search of “the magic.” As is typical of MK shows, this involves entering a number of well-known fantasy worlds. Eventually, we move “Into the Unknown” and the villains are unleashed.
I don’t know if this idea would come across in practice, but it would have been great to have a castle projection with a slow reveal of Joe Gardner playing the piano at Casey Corner, with Main Street then transforming into The Zone as it does now. And that would have been the hook into a park specific sequence where different characters “introduce” a different land of the MK (ex: Tron for Tomorrowland, for Adventureland, etc.). Maybe use PotC as the lead into the Unknown/villains section, and then bippity boppidy boo they’re vanquished and we go into the finale.

Enchantment isn’t bad in my opinion, but it just lacks a certain something and including some MK elements might have been that extra bit of pixie dust to make it stand out.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I watched the live stream on Thursday and saw it live last night.

While it’s not my favorite fireworks show ever, I will say that it plays MUCH better in person than it did on the live stream. I quite enjoyed it last night. It’s certainly not the disaster I thought it was after Thursday evening’s presentation.

My issue with the show remains that there’s no mention of Walt or even Mickey Mouse. I mean, come on.

coachb

I’m not quick to criticize, but I do think Disney seems to have lost something in regards to telling stories that have a strong sense of nostalgia and telling stories that stir something deep inside us and overcome generalal gaps.
Maybe it’s an IP push, maybe it’s a fear of telling a story with any traditional cultural attachment for fear of how it may age.
I’m not smart enough to nail it down exactly, but it seems to be something along those lines.
We are technologically advancing. Imagine the tech of HEA mixed with the heart of Wishes… that is what the could (and in my opinion should) be done.

What is the agenda??? Deliberately making bad nighttime shows?
I think the agenda is this: Disney doesn’t want their nighttime shows to have a story anymore. With Harmonious and Enchantment, they can rotate new IP video clips/songs in and out of the show at any time without having to re-do the entire show, because the show never had a story arch or overarching theme to begin with.

The whole focus is on being able to promote the “popular” IPs in the parks in real time. I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole thing is linked to Disney+ data - whatever has traction on streaming can be dropped into either of these shows quickly. It seems like they’ve traded in genuine storytelling for corporate slogans. The reactions to both shows indicate that both are Disney commercials with fireworks, rather than original nighttime spectaculars.

CJR

The Castle projections were simplified due to complaints that most people (especially kids) can’t see them. We all loved Wishes and it sometimes turned the castle blue with stars. That was it. It was determined that they went too-detailed for HEA so this is a middle ground. Further, this was developed during the pandemic. They needed to think of ways to move guests away from the Hub.

Completely understand this.

I do wish that they would bring Once Upon a Time back, just so people could enjoy a less popular, but more detailed show that would be a minimal expense on Disney's end.

They could even set it up before Enchantment like they old days before Wishes. Give people something to enjoy while they wait.

Magenta Panther

Managed to make it all the way through the video of "Enchantment" posted to the Site That Cannot Be Named.

Good lord, what a jumbled boring mess. Especially compared with Happily Ever After, which told a solid story and had wonderful, jaw-dropping effects. Plus it was touching and inspiring. And truly Disney.

Is this lame rehash really going to replace HEA? If so, Jesus Christ.

As to the comment posted above that HEA got too detailed and some kids couldn't see the effects, you've GOT to be kidding, because I couldn't clearly see a lot of the imagery projected on the castle during "Enchantment" - there were some princesses there, right? But I couldn't tell which princess was there. Too small, silent, sometimes in silhouette.

And there is NO STORY. Just a clip show. A badly done clip show. Pretty fireworks, but you can see pretty fireworks lots of places. This new show is crap compared to its predecessors. Some 50th celebration. Overall, bad show. Very bad show.

My nieces (4, 7, 11) their friends and older cousins (teenagers) went and saw it last night and they all adored it. Had parts of the new song stuck in their head and sang it for me when they called to tell me about. I had some things I wanted to see that aren’t in there. Then they called and they were so happy and realized it doesn’t matter because they love it and they’re Disney’s future. They are the reason Disney will have a 100th anniversary and for me as long as a new generation adores I can live without some nostalgia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom