The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

brb1006

I'm sorry, but a quick drive by of the characters is not the same as the 3 o'clock parade. This is the 50th anniversary, that's just sad. I don't care if they're claiming social distancing or what, a 50th anniversary deserves a lot more. Anybody remember the "Remember the Magic" parade for the 25th anniversary? I can still sing part of that in my head. They should be pulling out all the stops on this, no excuse.
Heck, WDW's 40th Anniversary had some effort put into it back in 2011. Remember when the park had a character cavalcade that begun from Main Street and ended with almost every Disney Character and Cast Member arriving on Cinderella Castle?

Disneyland's 60th Anniversary featured Disney Characters exiting Sleeping Beauty Castle as the audience are singing 'Happy Birthday" to Disneyland.

Disneyland Paris' 25th Anniversary did a similar approach, but on a much larger scale.

It's disappointing Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary didn't follow this approach. What a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Compliments are rare in the service industry. You’ll hear, and remember, the small amount of negative feedback you receive from customers. It’s a no brainer for management to celebrate the positive ones to help staff morale.
I learned in hospitality that an unhappy guest is nine times more likely to complain than a happy guest is to compliment.

PolynesianPrincess

Today it's really not the Magic Kingdom, it's the virtual shopping queue and food Kingdom. Took a thirty minute line to get into the Emporium and an hour to get out because there was only one exit . The inside was a real mess with strollers and ECVs just parked in the middle walkway surrounded by mindless chicken zombies mindlessly clucking over merch that's been available for the last week. I don't get the lines for the 4 colors of balloon popcorn buckets. Mickey and Minnie were cute however.

Whomever was in charge of planning the merch sales needs some remedial math tutoring because their numbers didn't add up.

It's a mess of people buying merchandise to resell on eBay for a profit. If the only people in line were people who ACTUALLY wanted the merchandise, it would be much better. But no, people gotta make a buck!

Vegas Disney Fan

I'm sorry, but a quick drive by of the characters is not the same as the 3 o'clock parade. This is the 50th anniversary, that's just sad. I don't care if they're claiming social distancing or what, a 50th anniversary deserves a lot more. Anybody remember the "Remember the Magic" parade for the 25th anniversary? I can still sing part of that in my head. They should be pulling out all the stops on this, no excuse.
I have friends at MK today and they said similar, they were disappointed that Disney didn’t do anything special, they said it felt like a normal day except with millions of people fighting (in some cases literally) to get into the shops.

How hard would it have been to have Roy’s dedication speech? A massive character parade like they do in Paris? Etc. They said the lines have been nice because everyone’s on main street but otherwise it’s been a big let down for them.

Gringrinngghost

When I left
1CEFF5E0-F1E4-4561-B859-2906B9A98093.jpeg
EB228828-5344-4AC4-B15D-380B5ACEB8AB.jpeg
896AAE74-DA05-40AD-B3E8-71D75B76CB04.jpeg
77A70B7E-14DC-42A3-A7A2-3114386F5E71.jpeg

Attachments

• 76AA71FE-CBDF-41FA-BC78-09A4E29E300E.jpeg
    76AA71FE-CBDF-41FA-BC78-09A4E29E300E.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 39

Jrb1979

I have friends at MK today and they said similar, they were disappointed that Disney didn’t do anything special, they said it felt like a normal day except with millions of people fighting (in some cases literally) to get into the shops.

How hard would it have been to have Roy’s dedication speech? A massive character parade like they do in Paris? Etc. They said the lines have been nice because everyone’s on main street but otherwise it’s been a big let down for them.
They don't care. They got what they wanted and that is the sound of cash registers filling. It still blows my mind that so many would spend the money to go for today and not ride anything.

trainplane3

No parade? No speech? I’ll just leave this here and hope those I know have a better day the more it goes on (you know who you are!)

At one point I was going to try a quick late Thursday flight to WDW and leave Sunday night to sneak around the vacation blackout at work. Seeing how much of a flop this is makes me glad I didn't waste the time. Hilariously bad.

But Harmonious is good at least... 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom