The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'd be lying if I said I never inquired about running these as a series. Or even getting Eric and Stacey do their own spin on MK like they did with the Epcot series.

A chunk of the original posters would absolutely need to be lithos but some could probably be pulled off in serigraph format (main street, monorail, potentially raceway, treehouse). Then again, Cyclops is a madhouse (in a good way) and they're constantly experimenting.
I very much like the "series" aspect of the Epcot line in a "gotta catch 'em all" way. It appeals to something in my lizard brain.

trainplane3

I very much like the "series" aspect of the Epcot line in a "gotta catch 'em all" way. It appeals to something in my lizard brain.
Agree. I've openly talked about how much I like "park art". Sure a picture of mickey and minnie or some star wars thing is cool but attraction art is what I've always liked. It's unique and represents the park. Until the Epcot series, there was barely anything. If there was something, they had weird proportions, mickey randomly shoved in, etc.

And when I say park art, I'm mean any and every Disney park.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Agree. I've openly talked about how much I like "park art". Sure a picture of mickey and minnie or some star wars thing is cool but attraction art is what I've always liked. It's unique and represents the park. Until the Epcot series, there was barely anything. If there was something, they had weird proportions, mickey randomly shoved in, etc.

Have you spent much time on the Skyliner? The Caribbean Beach station is littered with all sorts of amazing prints.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Today it's really not the Magic Kingdom, it's the virtual shopping queue and food Kingdom. Took a thirty minute line to get into the Emporium and an hour to get out because there was only one exit . The inside was a real mess with strollers and ECVs just parked in the middle walkway surrounded by mindless chicken zombies mindlessly clucking over merch that's been available for the last week. I don't get the lines for the 4 colors of balloon popcorn buckets. Mickey and Minnie were cute however.

Whomever was in charge of planning the merch sales needs some remedial math tutoring because their numbers didn't add up.

VJ

Does anyone know if they will play the dedication speech on the speakers like they do at DL? I don't recall any other time they had done it with the except of Roy Disney Jr re-reading it on the 20th anniversary..

i honestly don't think disney has a clean recording of roy's speech - the version in that video, posted on the official walt disney world news site, has the wdw tencennial theme under it so it's safe to assume the video it's from is from 1981, and if they don't have a cleaner copy than that... well...

Disneyson

I have to say, those that are sure that the views on this forum do not represent the GP ought to view Instagram. I have never seen such negative commentary on a Disney Parks post than some of the stuff today.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
View of the hub from 7:45am this morning.

DSC03091-Pano-1.jpg

castlecake2.0

Got my harmonious reply:

Good Afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about Epcot's all-new nighttime spectacular Harmonious. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the show and you left feeling disappointed. We are constantly evaluating our operations, and to make the appropriate decisions, we gather feedback from our Guests, much like the message you had written to us. Please be assured that in that same spirit of evaluating our operations, I am sharing your correspondence with the appropriate Leadership. -Betty

hopemax

I’ve wondered for years why old attraction posters haven’t been for sale. Such a missed opportunity.
They had a few attraction posters available on Print on Demand in recent years. We bought a Jungle Cruise one in Dec 2019.

No the coins in the machine.
The two machines I know of are in Epcot at Port of Entry with Figment, Miguel, Jiminy Cricket and the Genie.

And at Polynesian with Orange Bird, Stitch, Pua and the Polynesian Village Resort

COProgressFan

It's a shame because they used to have a pretty decent selection of on-demand art at the old Disney gallery shop at Downtown Disney. You could print tons of attractions posters and concept art at various sizes. There's no reason they couldn't do that now.

trainplane3

It's a shame because they used to have a pretty decent selection of on-demand art at the old Disney gallery shop at Downtown Disney. You could print tons of attractions posters and concept art at various sizes. There's no reason they couldn't do that now.
I've heard that. I never go to Springs anymore just because I feel the buses hate me and force me to wait an hour.

While it's nice to have the on demand printing, I would prefer a higher quality print. I know I'm an oddball in this scenario but $100-$150 for each in a good size and very high quality would be perfect for me.

*And of course a $30-$40 option that's lower quality and smaller for the normal people out there!*

griffin ferrari

They had a few attraction posters available on Print on Demand in recent years. We bought a Jungle Cruise one in Dec 2019.

The two machines I know of are in Epcot at Port of Entry with Figment, Miguel, Jiminy Cricket and the Genie.

And at Polynesian with Orange Bird, Stitch, Pua and the Polynesian Village Resort
I know of 2 others

there’s one at the contemporary with the contemporary logo Bopeep, Pinocchio and tramp.

Then I know that there’s another one in the emporium with Mickey Minnie tinker Bell and lady.

through checking eBay there’s a list two more sets that I was wondering if anyone knew where they were.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom