News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Skywise

I can't believe people love Angela Basset so much. I have only really watched her in 9-1-1 and her acting is just so bad in it
I like her a lot. Thought she would've been a great Storm in the X-Men.
That said - she seems to be following the same, stilted ?, muted ?, pacing/style of the narration in HEA.

doctornick

What are you talking about? Most people loved HEA the night it premiered lol

I'd be curious to go to the thread, but I remember a lot of people complaining about HEA and how it was inferior to Wishes when it premiered (most seemed to center on "it's just a clip show" and "not enough fireworks" or such). Certainly HEA got a lot more love over time and I think part of it was just people getting used to the format.

I do wonder about how the masses with react to Enchantment over time. I've got imagine that seeing it in person would be important given the Main St projections aspect.

Skywise

just a note, Disneyland’s 60th I think you mean. Disneyland is only 66.

Even the 60th fireworks were not the best in terms of an anniversary show. Despite the opening narration, it had nothing else to do with 60 years of Disneyland.

So far Disney hasn’t topped RDCT for anniversary spectaculars.
My bad - I haven't had my coffee yet :p
RDCT?

KBLovedDisney

Well... if they keep making things worse and worse than... YEAH!
Wishes = a

HEA = b

b = a-b

Enchantment = (in what I have heard) c

So, in conclusion...
Calculating Figure It Out GIF

a - b = c

We are accepting less and less good quality for minimal entertainment.

(Don't question my math you geniuses out there! I don't know what I am doing! I mean...I do know that you know...I mean. You left train monorail A going 25 mph....oh floof)

wtyy21

Disney Parks now reuploaded the previous video about the Disney Enchantment first performance that they streamed yesterday alongside WDW rededication ceremony, where i believe the video was removed due to technical reasons.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Wishes = a

HEA = b

b = a-b

Enchantment = (in what I have heard) c

So, in conclusion...
Calculating Figure It Out GIF

a - b = c

We are accepting less and less good quality for minimal entertainment.

(Don't question my math you geniuses out there! I don't know what I am doing! I mean...I do know that you know...I mean. You left train monorail A going 25 mph....oh floof)
Pay more.
Get less.

the new Di$ney

Squishy

I found the video of "Disney Enchantment" from Main Street perspective, with projection of main street only happened 6 minutes after the show began.

Despite the storyline is much disappointed due to fact that the show were not focused on WDW past and present, i think the Main Street projection were massive upgrade to the previous firework show, where MSUSA projection previously only seen at Disneyland. The original song and narator voice feels more remarkable.

They must've rushed this show so badly that they only had time to give 2/3rds of the show Main Street projections.

DonaldDoleWhip

I'd be curious to go to the thread, but I remember a lot of people complaining about HEA and how it was inferior to Wishes when it premiered (most seemed to center on "it's just a clip show" and "not enough fireworks" or such). Certainly HEA got a lot more love over time and I think part of it was just people getting used to the format.

I do wonder about how the masses with react to Enchantment over time. I've got imagine that seeing it in person would be important given the Main St projections aspect.
I posted my initial response to HEA here, but it was very, very positive.

(Link to the HEA thread post-premiere, if anyone wants to browse more reactions)

On that note, I also remember the general response on this site being a lot more positive than for DE. Yes, you had people saying “I miss Wishes!” and some “not enough fireworks” claims, but those were easily outweighed.

This show’s not nearly as frustrating as Harmonious, but it takes the HEA template, does a few things better, and does plenty worse. It also completely omits the milestone it should be paying homage to - you could export it to Hong Kong or Shanghai tomorrow and it would fit just as well.

For WDW’s biggest birthday yet, that’s a little underwhelming.

Castle Cake Apologist

How can you have a 50th anniversary show without ONE CALLBACK to Walt OR Mickey?!

Disneyland's 75th had some story about the PARK!

And it seems to me they kept the same R&B music from HEA and just redid the lyrics.
I get promoting the new stuff over the old (even if the new stuff is musically not as popular as the... y'know... the stuff we all remember) coz ya gotta have synergy - I read that in a textbook when I got my MBA!
But geez... give the piano solo from Soul a longer riff - Pick the tunes from Moanna that were actually memorable (and boy howdy are they pushing Coco something fierce).

You didn't see Disney in the 80s doing fireworks shows with music from The Great Mouse Detective, Black Cauldron, Oliver and Company or even Tron.

It did do one thing... It made me appreciate HEA.
(Fireworks are, as usual, excellent but I don't think they were as creative with the projections as they could've been)

Disneyland does not appreciate you aging her by 9 years! 😂

Bob? Is that you? :oops:

Last edited:

Rose&Crown

I can see how this show will be popular for those who haven’t been to MK in a long time and are going for the 50. For those who go often I can see how this is a downgrade from HEA.

Skywise

(Link to the HEA thread post-premiere, if anyone wants to browse more reactions)

On that note, I also remember the general response on this site being a lot more positive than for DE. Yes, you had people saying “I miss Wishes!” and some “not enough fireworks” claims, but those were easily outweighed.

This show’s not nearly as frustrating as Harmonious, but it takes the HEA template, does a few things better, and does plenty worse. It also completely omits the milestone it should be paying homage to - you could export it to Hong Kong or Shanghai tomorrow and it would fit just as well.

I was one who was negative on HEA. I'm still not a fan of it either but, thematically, musically, it ironically works better than Enchantment.

wtyy21

Disneyland Paris is in preparation of their 30th anniversary next year, and i would like to export this show into DLP (only for You Are the Magic opening and reprise song) and making their nighttime spectacular that celebrate the park themselves, like RDCT borrow scores from Wishes but showcasing attraction scene instead movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom