News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Dizknee_Phreek

Just my opinion, but, I thought the lights on SE were tacky.
It used to look classy the way it was lighted at night, now it looks like a carnival ride.
I actually agree with you. I like the twinkling aspects. But overall it's oversaturated and busy. I'm hoping it's better in person. I will say I'm glad they didn't go with projections. I'm likely in the minority but I feel like Disney does not do projections well at all. I thought I just hated projections in general until I saw the nighttime show at Hogwarts... beautifully and tastefully done, as opposed to Disney's ultra busy "let's throw everything at it all at once" route.
But a carnival ride is the perfect way to describe how SSE comes across now...at least in the pics and videos I've seen.

EricsBiscuit

Saw it in person tonight. It is best described as a somewhat moderately entertaining dumpster fire. A total mess. The best parts are the fireworks, which are used somewhat sparingly and condensed leaving droughts of pyro. The tech and screens are cool but not enough to be the main focus of a show. The fireworks should have been the main focus with the screens and tech supplementing it all. The score is a mess. They should restrict the IPs to only ones that got a billion at the box office (eg no Princess and the Frog, just not a good film for this sorry not sorry). About half way in I asked myself, what does any of this have to do with EPCOT? The answer? It doesn’t have anything to do with the park it’s in. It is superficially tied to the countries sure, but it is literally just an excuse to shove IP down your throat. The finale was alright. The best part of the show was watching the family in front of me poop their pants when the fireworks around the perimeter go off. It was downright hilarious. My bar was really low, and it met my expectations. It is what it is.

MrPromey

Yes please :D
Have fun ;)

Bobby_Disney.png

CJR

I enjoyed it more in person than I did watching it online, which I expected. It's not a travesty, IMHO. It could be a lot better, but it is what it is.

I asked my DW what her favorite part was and she told me she didn't care for the Mulan part. Lol, you read that all correctly. She also didn't get the point of flashing Belle and Beast up to just skip on to the next thing. We both felt they could easily cut about five minutes, use the same amount of pyro, and have a better show.

Visually, it's impressive. The genie's lamp effect was very clever. The pyro had different effects throughout the show and when it was present, which was not enough, was effective. It was also neat how they kept the fountains and lights running after the show. Honestly, for this reason, you could watch it from the sides and then go grab a centralized photo after the show. We might next time.

I won't be rushing back to see it. IllumiNations it is not. It is still fun and was enjoyable, at least, we found enjoyment in it ourselves. Glass half full.

co10064

Premium Member
Watching online... I really liked it. But I never saw RoE. I'm somewhat surprised there were no fireworks during the How Far I'll Go/Go the Distance segment. I liked how the fireworks shot off from the perimeter of the lagoon matching up with the pavilions during the finale (did RoE also do this?). I agree at the show needs more pyro, and IMO, a re-worked ending. I also wonder if the visuals on the screen are as easy to see in person as they were on the livestream.

Disone

To be clear, many of the segments are fun to watch, but I never really got the feels and am still not feeling it as a whole.

It's like a weird hodgepodge of HEA, World of Color, and Mickey's Mix Magic (dance along to your favorites!), finishing off with its most serious moment out of nowhere, à la Peace on Earth.

That said, the crowds tonight seemed to be enjoying it. I heard many positive reactions, ranging from "I like this show!" to "they should put something like this in all the parks." :oops: So yesterday's reaction was definitely skewed a little by the Epcot/RoE purists.
WOW. The energy on the first show seem to be more like..... meh. Tonight's energy.... MUCH MORE POSITIVE. You and I are 100% on the same page. I went tonight as well to see the second ever viewing. This time I viewed it front and center from between the two WS shopping pavilions.

I love the music. The arrangements are much better then Enchantment which I just watched on DPB. But tonight, I also purposely went to gauge the crowd. I knew what I thought, I wanted to pay more attention to the crowd.

They were enjoying it. All around me shoulders and head bounced to the music, esp the Jungle book, Africa/Lion King parts. I could even seen a little dancing in place. again.... The energy on the first show seem to be more like..... meh. Tonight's energy.... MUCH MORE POSITIVE. The cheers for seeing the first strands of Merida's red hair caught me off caught. Merida is clearly more popular then I give her credit for but her cheers were eclipsed by the opening notes of Coco's Remember Me. And then that song turned into a party and now the entire crowd was bouncing. By the time Tiana came long with Dig a little deeper, I thought maybe front and center is just a happier crowd??? They were into it!

As the show concluded, The cheers and applause... last night was a confused golf clap and tonight was the home team just scored a touchdown. I actively listened to reactions around me..... and they were definitely positive and enthusiastic! As I walked from view to the main entrance over and over again I heard praise and excitement. It was 100% a different crowd then last night and tonight's crowd loved it.

Made me realize I have very high expectations. Also been going to Disney for so long that I am VERY hard to impressed because I have seen so much Disney. I suspect many on here are a tough audience to please.

Figments Friend

Saw tonights Show ( Sept 30 )....

Not sure if it's already been mentioned at this point, but there was what looked to be a drone flying low over the lagoon tonight during the performance.
I'm assuming it was being used officially by Disney to film footage of the show in front of a audience...but any specifics I'd be interested in hearing.

Also noticed one of the 'taco' arms seemed to have glitching / malfunctioning lights during the start of the finale segment.
Instead of all blue as the arms were at that point, one edge was 'glitching' multiple colors.

I'm dead tired and can't type much now in regards to a review....but overall mixed feelings.
I'll elaborate more when I'm more awake and have more time.

I will say I wasn't getting the positive audience vibe.
I witnessed mixed reactions.
Yeah, a few in my area were grooving to the music, but I saw several guests watch for about eight minutes and then leave.
Also didn't really hear hard applause until the mega-pyro finale.
May well have just been my section....

-

Last edited:

Dan Deesnee

I once had a friend who tried telling me that he didn't really need to go to Walt Disney World because he follows YouTubers that walk around the parks and ride rides etc. He felt like he pretty much knew everything there was to know about it already and had experienced everything.

If you think that is rediculous, I agree.

That's why I'm waiting to judge Harmonious till when I see it in person.

castlecake2.0

WOW. The energy on the first show seem to be more like..... meh. Tonight's energy.... MUCH MORE POSITIVE. You and I are 100% on the same page. I went tonight as well to see the second ever viewing. This time I viewed it front and center from between the two WS shopping pavilions.

I love the music. The arrangements are much better then Enchantment which I just watched on DPB. But tonight, I also purposely went to gauge the crowd. I knew what I thought, I wanted to pay more attention to the crowd.

They were enjoying it. All around me shoulders and head bounced to the music, esp the Jungle book, Africa/Lion King parts. I could even seen a little dancing in place. again.... The energy on the first show seem to be more like..... meh. Tonight's energy.... MUCH MORE POSITIVE. The cheers for seeing the first strands of Merida's red hair caught me off caught. Merida is clearly more popular then I give her credit for but her cheers were eclipsed by the opening notes of Coco's Remember Me. And then that song turned into a party and now the entire crowd was bouncing. By the time Tiana came long with Dig a little deeper, I thought maybe front and center is just a happier crowd??? They were into it!

As the show concluded, The cheers and applause... last night was a confused golf clap and tonight was the home team just scored a touchdown. I actively listened to reactions around me..... and they were definitely positive and enthusiastic! As I walked from view to the main entrance over and over again I heard praise and excitement. It was 100% a different crowd then last night and tonight's crowd loved it.

Made me realize I have very high expectations. Also been going to Disney for so long that I am VERY hard to impressed because I have seen so much Disney. I suspect many on here are a tough audience to please.
Totally different reaction in Italy tonight, I saw one family dancing, some awkward claps between segments, people started leaving before the “someday” sequence.

My own personal opinion, but I hated the merida hair, and my family is from Scotland. I can’t believe they built giant screens on the lagoon to show strands of red hair and dancing monkeys.

I wanted to like this show, the idea sounded cool, but half the songs have nothing to do with the park or world showcase. I thought we were going to “visit” the host countries and hear a song from their country in their language, and somehow we end up with a scene from jungle book and Hercules?

this show really has no business being in this park.

kevlightyear

Looking at the barges more closely, the screens look curved, bulging at the bottom. That's an interesting artist's interpretation. Also funny how they made the screens the same color as the water so they blend in more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom