Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

GimpYancIent

In Corral A, even without lines, I only stop for characters that are rare or really speak to me from my youth. Sure I will run by and wave to them as they wave back and cheer, but I only stop for important ones to me. Cruella or Hook are prime examples. Cinderella would be great too.
I am generally in corral C but did briefly start a few times in B I always got a kick out of seeing the A corral starters standing in lines as I distance runner shuffle past.

dreamfinder

Sort of random question: In the past has there been transportation to the races from the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista hotel?

Official resort transportation has typically only been offered from on property resorts. I can't recall if the Swolphin falls in that group, but for them it's easy enough to walk to Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach. And for some smaller events, they were even further restricted to "host hotels".

skiir97

Official resort transportation has typically only been offered from on property resorts. I can't recall if the Swolphin falls in that group, but for them it's easy enough to walk to Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach. And for some smaller events, they were even further restricted to "host hotels".
In theory, could I walk from the Wyndham to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and take the bus from there? Or do they make sure you are staying at the resort before letting you on the bus?

OG Runner

In theory, could I walk from the Wyndham to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and take the bus from there? Or do they make sure you are staying at the resort before letting you on the bus?

At 3:30am if you walk toward one of the event buses with running clothes on you are good to go.

Christi22222

Agreed. I have never ever seen them care one iota who is getting on that bus. If you want to go, they will take you. That has always included spectators as well. Also, I know things have been changing with Swan and Dolphin, but we often stay at Beach or Yacht Club for Marathon weekend and our bus also stops at Swan and Dolphin. We are actually staying at the Swan for Wind and Dine race weekend. I can definitely report back if anything has changed.

dreamfinder

All events sold out, both in person and virtual.

You could, but might be a bit of walk having to go to the main lobby area. Don't think the bus will do the loop at Saratoga. And I did have security challenge me once when we were staying there and walked to the hotel across the street for a rental car. Wanted to know why I was walking on property.

Figment82

Correct, race buses only pick up across from the Springs/Carriage House bus stop. That’d be quite a walk from the Wyndham. It’s already a pretty good distance if you’re staying in one of the Congress Park or Carousel buildings that are furthest away. But no, they don’t check to see if you’re actually staying at that particular resort.

pdude81

Damn. I was waiting to see how W&D was run before signing up for Dopey. 😢
Sorry it didn't work out for you. The available races and slots have been dropping rather quickly since registration though. If not for theym announcing this so late I'd have expected it to sellout by early Sept.

OG Runner

Has anyone heard anything about which way Disney is leaning when it comes to spectators?
I keep checking RunDisney for an indication, but it still says "The spectator experience continues
to be evaluated." It even says that on the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend and it is less
than 20 days away.

pdude81

Has anyone heard anything about which way Disney is leaning when it comes to spectators?
I keep checking RunDisney for an indication, but it still says "The spectator experience continues
to be evaluated." It even says that on the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend and it is less
than 20 days away.
I saw a link to the guide and it seems like spectators are allowed at least:

• FOR DRIVERS: All runners and spectators must park at Epcot.
  • FOR RESORT GUESTS: Participants and spectators who are staying at Host Resorts are encouraged to utilize the provided runDisney event transportation.
from: https://guide.rundisney.events/disney-wine-dine-10k/

Edit: Actually it seems like there is a spectators page with more info.

OG Runner

I saw a link to the guide and it seems like spectators are allowed at least:

• FOR DRIVERS: All runners and spectators must park at Epcot.
  • FOR RESORT GUESTS: Participants and spectators who are staying at Host Resorts are encouraged to utilize the provided runDisney event transportation.
from: https://guide.rundisney.events/disney-wine-dine-10k/

Edit: Actually it seems like there is a spectators page with more info.

I understand that but note it could just be they didn't change the wording for those items.
You notice they do not have any mention of the Cheer Squad. The last time I ran my girlfriend
met me near the castle in the Magic Kingdom. No mention of that.

pdude81

Also there appears to be some more info on spectators here:
I understand that but note it could just be they didn't change the wording for those items.
You notice they do not have any mention of the Cheer Squad. The last time I ran my girlfriend
met me near the castle in the Magic Kingdom. No mention of that.
Oh, I assumed you weren't able to find whether specators were allowed or not in early AM. I don't think there is any chance they have time to set up Chear Squad for Wine and Dine, and honestly it's a tough thing to work out. They'd have to be seating parties close together for unknown amounts of time, even though it's outside. You might have one group wanting physical space or masks and another having no interest. Not the end of the world for fireworks time outside, but if it's a paid enhancement then you expect there to be a positive experience.

More or less I assume that it's either race retreat and chear squard, or neither. And it's too late to start selling race retreat packages

OG Runner

Also there appears to be some more info on spectators here:

Oh, I assumed you weren't able to find whether specators were allowed or not in early AM. I don't think there is any chance they have time to set up Chear Squad for Wine and Dine, and honestly it's a tough thing to work out. They'd have to be seating parties close together for unknown amounts of time, even though it's outside. You might have one group wanting physical space or masks and another having no interest. Not the end of the world for fireworks time outside, but if it's a paid enhancement then you expect there to be a positive experience.

More or less I assume that it's either race retreat and chear squard, or neither. And it's too late to start selling race retreat packages
Yet at the same time they are offering an after party.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Has Dopey ever reopened after being sold out in the past? Just crushed my marathon PB and kind of regretting not signing up earlier.
Dopey (and only Dopey) is back available for the Marathon Weekend, good luck snagging one!
B2DDCB54-5AF9-41E7-8546-C3AB690808D5.png
***Edit- 10k just opened back up too!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom