News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

ToTBellHop

And then much like the Borg, another Bob would take his place.
Here are the CEOs through 2235:
1632749496246.jpeg

Giss Neric

I hope the show is good. I am worried after having a chat with a friend who has seen the show and said it isn't as good as Happily Ever After. That some of the IP they were forced to use in the show simply doesn't work. They said the Main Street USA projections were good but some segments fall flat because of the song choice or lack of emotional connection to the IP being used. They did have good things to say about Harmonious so there is that.
Well, a lot of people I know to this day still thinks Wishes is a superior show than HEA. It kinda would be embarrassing if Harmonious ends up being the superior one though.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

ToTBellHop

This is normally what they do. They simulate the show, then test it and see how it actually looks, and then make changes and tweaks to pyro.

So this is the typical test and adjust for a show, I was mostly just worried that they’d skip this part and leave it as it was.
Exactly. How does it work? If they determine a section needs more, do they pull pyro from elsewhere or do they actually increase the amount of pyro (which seems tricky due to supply lines)?

Disney Analyst

Exactly. How does it work? If they determine a section needs more, do they pull pyro from elsewhere or do they actually increase the amount of pyro (which seems tricky due to supply lines)?

I assume they must plan for this and order extra stuff or have some sort of stockpile going? Not sure.

Sometimes it’s not even a matter of more shells as much as rearranging shells, but I’d assume if beefed up the finale they may just be pulling from stock and then ensuring they order extra before they deplete the stock faster.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
You say that as if it’s a bad thing.

HEA = ADD show - Look here! There! Here! Fireworks! Look back here now! Squirrel!!! Wait, what did I miss? Look there!
That's kinda what I like about it though. Because each time you watch it you can focus on something different. After Tinkerbell comes out, I'm like ok there she is, where dem fireworks at? While the rest of the crowd...doesn't. But if they had NO fireworks until she was halfway down the line, I'd be bored.

Wishes was a bit more like that, there was a lot of time between when Tink came out and the next shell appeared if memory serves.

An interesting discussion point for sure...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Philip Lawrence and Kayla Alvarez perform ''You are the Magic' at Cinderella Castle today as part of promotional shoot for Walt Disney World's 50th​

The-Worlds-Most-Magical-Celebration_Full_44350.jpg
Who?

Edit: Dear god. Just watched part of the video. Her voice is fingernails on a chalkboard. Truly awful. His voice is rather good, but the song is trying so, so hard to be… something, and failing.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

I feel so un-hip.....

Have no clue who these people are.

Not a jab at these performers, but a honest question -
Do we even have a thing called a A-List musical acts anymore?
As in, real superstars everyone on the planet knows that is under 40 years old?

I don't keep up with current music, but boy do i feel 'old and outta touch' now.

-

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I feel so un-hip.....

Do we even have a thing called a A-List musical act anymore?
I don't keep up with current music, but boy do i feel 'old and outta touch' now.

-
You forgot to enclose “music” in quotes, because so often it’s just a computerized beat with auto-tuned vocals. But I’m right there with you. Let the guy sing and you’d have something. Her voice is truly awful.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Philip Lawrence and Kayla Alvarez. In genre, their music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to their musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes. They sing with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of middle age.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I feel so un-hip.....

Not a jab at these performers, but a honest question -
Do we even have a thing called a A-List musical acts anymore?
As in, real superstars everyone on the planet knows that is under 40 years old?

-
It is going to be really difficult (expensive) to get some like Dua Lipa to do something like this.

I actually like the concept of having someone do this with a proven track record (Philip Lawrence), who may not be widely known, and is a former CM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom