News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

rle4lunch

Just a REAL question.. anyone got the NET gain of attractions?

If I remember we lost or cheapened :

1. Stitch
  2. Maelstrom
  3. Captain EO.
  4. Cranium Command
  5. Ellen's
  6. Innoventions
  7. Bunch of live entertainment on all parks.
  8. Greatest Movie ride
  9. Indiana Jones spectacular
  10. Primeval Whirl
  11. Nemo
  12. Night parades
  13. bunch more but too lazy to list.

Extras lost:

1. Magical Express.
  2. Park hours.
  3. Park Perks.

We gained

1. Seven Dwarfs
  2. Frozen
  3. Remy's
  4. FOP
  5. River Boat Avatar.
  6. Replacement shows.
  7. Rise of the Resistance
  8. Smugglers (pretty crap but hey..)
  9. A few others...

Upcoming

1. TRON
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy.
#1 3 5 10 were all dookie or so played out that even the most rose colored glasses nostalgia could save their lameness.

RSoxNo1

Primeval Whirl’s height requirement was 48”, so they could add something as intense as Everest and it would still be making the park more accessible to younger guests.

With that said, if Triceratop Spin goes too, I’d bet it will be a no height requirement addition unless there’s more than one attraction going in.

It also says a lot about their general care for AK’s theming that most of the IP options actually sound like good fits.
Just because the height requirement on Primeval Whirl was 48" doesn't mean the park doesn't have that deficiency. It absolutely needs additional rides without height requirements.

RSoxNo1

Disney World is opening two E-ticket roller coasters next year. C’mon. There is a perception that Disney is trying to get more money from us (and Universal isn’t with Express Passes?) but no one sees Pandora, Toy Story Land, SWGE, MMRR, Rat, and the two coasters on the way and claims Disney is being lazy.
The last 6 years has been a very substantial time for new attractions. The thing is, there was absolutely a catch up component to that. There was also a "oops, Next Gen didn't do what we wanted it to" component as well.

roj2323

You're right, I meant 26 rides at Universal.

You can check my work for total count...

View attachment 588927
View attachment 588928
Interesting spread sheet. Now how much does it cost for a single day ticket to each park and what's the average wait time for each ride. ............

Disneyland $104 Single, $159 Park hopper
Walt Disney World $109 single, $174 Park hopper

If you do the math Disneyland is simply a better value.
$208 - $159 with park hopper
Verses $436 $348= two days of park hoppers

If you just compare apples to apples = Disneyland to Magic Kingdom, Disneyland has 10 more attractions at a lower park entry fee.

Food seems to be about the same cost in both resorts, Way over priced. $4 for a soda is nuts.

Additionally, there's simply no comparison on ride wait times. Disneyland has shorter wait times all around. https://www.laughingplace.com/w/p/magic-kingdom-current-wait-times/

It's hard to argue that any park at WDW Resort is on par with any park at Disneyland Resort and honestly they have a lot of work to do to even begin to make the resorts comparable regardless of overall attraction count. It's depressing really to spend so much to go to a park that only has 8 rides (DAK), yet is 80 acres larger than the entire Disneyland Resort.

Cesar R M

Interesting spread sheet. Now how much does it cost for a single day ticket to each park and what's the average wait time for each ride. ............

Disneyland $104 Single, $159 Park hopper
Walt Disney World $109 single, $174 Park hopper

If you do the math Disneyland is simply a better value.
$208 - $159 with park hopper
Verses $436 $348= two days of park hoppers

If you just compare apples to apples = Disneyland to Magic Kingdom, Disneyland has 10 more attractions at a lower park entry fee.

Food seems to be about the same cost in both resorts, Way over priced. $4 for a soda is nuts.

Additionally, there's simply no comparison on ride wait times. Disneyland has shorter wait times all around. https://www.laughingplace.com/w/p/magic-kingdom-current-wait-times/

It's hard to argue that any park at WDW Resort is on par with any park at Disneyland Resort and honestly they have a lot of work to do to even begin to make the resorts comparable regardless of overall attraction count. It's depressing really to spend so much to go to a park that only has 8 rides (DAK), yet is 80 acres larger than the entire Disneyland Resort.
Soda can be up to 6.99 in areas such as Star Wars Land ( Rise of the resistance queue area)
And as low as 3.29 ( AK's tree area and DHS's central hub area near the lake)
Not sure if the prices went up already.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
10 more *rides*.

Both parks have additional attractions (fireworks, parades, heavily themed dining venues, shows, etc...).

I haven't run a comparison.

Yet.

But the extras should be taken into account before a value per dollar is determined.

doctornick

10 more *rides*.

Both parks have additional attractions (fireworks, parades, heavily themed dining venues, shows, etc...).

I haven't run a comparison.

Yet.

But the extras should be taken into account before a value per dollar is determined.

Right. MK does have more shows (especially of the fixed theater setting, as opposed to "streetmosphere") compared to DL - e.g. Country Bears, HoP, Laugh Floor, Carousel of Progress, Philharmagic (though DL does have Mr. Lincoln).

DL certainly has more overall attractions nonetheless but it is closer than if you look at just rides.

SteveAZee

Soda can be up to 6.99 in areas such as Star Wars Land ( Rise of the resistance queue area)
And as low as 3.29 ( AK's tree area and DHS's central hub area near the lake)
Not sure if the prices went up already.
This is good to know. I didn't know prices varied so much based on location. Is it just soda, or other things as well?

Cesar R M

This is good to know. I didn't know prices varied so much based on location. Is it just soda, or other things as well?
Everything as far I know. Water and other stuff was higher priced, unsure about food.
Even the Star Wars land special products that can be bought near the location of Disney Kids area (old animation courtyard) is cheaper than the Star Tours area and the most expensive is again the Star Wars Land section.

So I assume that all products have variance depending on "interest points".

aliceismad

First, I think most people would agree that Disneyland Park is better than Magic Kingdom in pretty much every way.

However, I would disagree that it's depressing to go to DAK for the cost. Most of the charm and enjoyment at DAK, for me, is not related to the rides. It's the ambiance, it's the animals, it's the shows, it's the performers, it's the food. (It also was the shortest line at WDW to meet Mickey and Minnie.) Also, of those rides, 3 are the best at WDW.

J4546

First, I think most people would agree that Disneyland Park is better than Magic Kingdom in pretty much every way.

However, I would disagree that it's depressing to go to DAK for the cost. Most of the charm and enjoyment at DAK, for me, is not related to the rides. It's the ambiance, it's the animals, it's the shows, it's the performers, it's the food. (It also was the shortest line at WDW to meet Mickey and Minnie.) Also, of those rides, 3 are the best at WDW.
yeah AK is my fave of the 4 Orlando parks even though it has the least amount of rides. The lush tropical jungle setting is just so aweomse i love spending time in the park. And of the few rides, it has Everest (the best disney coaster ever and probably best themed coaster in the world) FoP (pretty cool even though ive never seen avater) Dinosaur (also never seen the movie but its a rethemed Indiana Jones ride so its pretty swell, and I like dinosaurs in general) and of course the Animals. I will say though that Dinoland needs some love and Kali River Rapids is flat out terrible

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom