Creations Shop opening this summer

Figments Friend

I can’t wait to visit the store it looks great.

Does WDW still offer merch shipping back to your resort?

Sending merchandise purchased at WDW shops back to your Resort is currently not available....
However, you CAN have items shipped directly back to your home.
Just ask the Cast Member at the cashier counter who helps ring you out.

For a reasonable fee you have have just about anything bought in one of the WDW shops mailed back to your home.
Very handy, and insures you won't have to carry things around during your visit and also saves space in your luggage.

Happy shopping!
:)

-

dreday3

So had the chance to visit this trip.
It's fine, it's a store! 😀

Nice and airy, but oh my, every single store has same merch and not many choices. Did like the lighting at night.

Coke store was ....clean.

UNCgolf

So had the chance to visit this trip.
It's fine, it's a store! 😀

Nice and airy, but oh my, every single store has same merch and not many choices. Did like the lighting at night.

Coke store was ....clean.

This really bothers me. Disney used to have a bunch of stores with unique merchandise. Now they all sell the same thing -- I assume they've run the numbers and determined the savings in less theming and more homogenized merchandise outweighs the loss of engagement, but it sure seems like they're actively telling people to not bother going in the stores because they can just make a stop at World of Disney instead and find all the same stuff.

But at the same time they keep introducing systems that are supposed to get you to spend more time shopping... shopping for what, exactly? The same stuff you saw in the last seven stores you went in?

Last edited:

celluloid

This really bothers me. Disney used to have a bunch of stores with unique merchandise. Now they all sell the same thing -- I assume they've run the numbers and determined the savings in less theming and more homogenized merchandise outweighs the loss of engagement, but it sure seems like they're actively telling people not to bother going in the stores because they can just make a stop at World of Disney instead and find all the same stuff.

It is a shame, but matches the pattern of their attractions no longer being really unique or stand outs, so they homogenize the merch. Disney now seems to be themed and selling merch to Disney. Most things are a lifestyle bragging right or a parody knick knack. Purple wall inspired clothing or a tumbler cup with Spaceship Earth inspired dome as a lid.

Disone

Where I used to spend maybe hundreds on souvenirs on a trip to Disney World, last trip I bought a pin. The trip before a mug. When will they learn?
Agreed. It's amazing that the same company I just did the highly themed holiday shop at the Plaza store in Disneyland is the same company that brings us another "the merchandise is the star " snooze fest that is the creations at Epcot.

Now adding insult to injury the "star " of the retail show, the merchandise, is the same everywhere you go.

G00fyDad

Agreed. It's amazing that the same company I just did the highly themed holiday shop at the Plaza store in Disneyland is the same company that brings us another "the merchandise is the star " snooze fest that is the creations at Epcot.

Now adding insult to injury the "star " of the retail show, the merchandise, is the same everywhere you go.

My wife and I were just talking about this last night. We used to take a lot of spending money per person and come home with none of it left and a ton of souvenirs. Over the last 20 years it has gotten to the point were we bring home less and less items and more of our spending money. I think that on this next trip we are only going to take half of what we took for each person last time. And I bet we still come home with a lot of money left over. I can only have so many Goofy mugs. ;)

dreday3

Creations did have some Spaceship Earth stuff, but nothing we wanted.

We did good on souvenirs at Animal Kingdom.

We got a wooden giraffe bobble-head ornament to match the zebra one we got on a previous trip. Some wood-carved serving spoons. Oh and I got a stuffed Kevin! last one!

Also, we got a print at Epcot that we love! It has nothing to do with Disney - it was a little kiosk and had these fun cat or dog pics. We got one of two black cats on a cat tree. Everyone who knows me was like "of course you bought that at Disney". 😂

cats.jpeg

vikescaper

I finally checked out Creations Shop on Sunday and I didn’t mind it. It’s weird but I thought it seemed a little small for the park’s main shop. Especially since it uses almost the same footprint as Mouse Gear. I did appreciate the open windows, though.

G00fyDad

Creations did have some Spaceship Earth stuff, but nothing we wanted.

We did good on souvenirs at Animal Kingdom.

We got a wooden giraffe bobble-head ornament to match the zebra one we got on a previous trip. Some wood-carved serving spoons. Oh and I got a stuffed Kevin! last one!

Also, we got a print at Epcot that we love! It has nothing to do with Disney - it was a little kiosk and had these fun cat or dog pics. We got one of two black cats on a cat tree. Everyone who knows me was like "of course you bought that at Disney". 😂

View attachment 597352
Stuffed Kevin??

Touchdown

When will Disney make an Epcot Polo Shirt? I want a dri fit polo with either the Epcot symbol or SE with the text Epcot below it, is it too hard?

I did get a shirt exactly like I described for the Contemporary Resort with that hotels sweet logo this trip but that was it. Couldn’t find the blue 50th polos either. Seems like I’m not the only one who likes that style of shirt…

Last edited:

Clamman73

I finally checked out Creations Shop on Sunday and I didn’t mind it. It’s weird but I thought it seemed a little small for the park’s main shop. Especially since it uses almost the same footprint as Mouse Gear. I did appreciate the open windows, though.
Yeah I was in there on Saturday and I was like “hmmmm, this doesn’t seem as big as when the vloggers are going through it”.

stuart

When will Disney make an Epcot Polo Shirt? I want a dri fit polo with either the Epcot symbol or SE with the text Epcot below it, is it too hard?

I did get a shirt exactly like I described for the Contemporary Resort with that hotels sweet logo this trip hut that was it. Couldn’t find the blue 50th polos either. Seems like I’m not the only one who likes that style of shirt…
I've said for a long time that they should have 'subtle' merchandise, namely, polos with small park or attraction logos. There should be the ability to order them in four or five colours as well. I have a Port Orleans Riverside one, but like you, would love an EPCOT one.

Not everything they do has to be in your face, things you can maybe wear in the parks, but certainly too garish to be worn in most other settings. It's the hoodies or sweaters they do which look fine from the front but then a massive design on the back.

Actually, whilst I hope this ends up like some other merch on the UK website, the Mickey face is a bit off-putting. Having the hold castle by itself and text on sleeve would have kept a smarter, classier look imo

Sweater / 1/4zip / polo with a subtle logo would be just perfect. There's nothing to stop them doing that with mugs, stationery, leather wallets / purses etc either.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom