Zootopia Coming March 2016

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
LittleMermaid_8.jpg

Apparently, you missed a little thing called "The Force Awakens".
To be more specific, one of their animated features.

Matt_Black

You probably don't remember the 90s very well, do you? Every Disney Store (well, maybe some exceptions) had extensive exterior overlays to promote Hercules.

Matt_Black

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. The one bad thing about this is that certain people with a particular lifestyle are already becoming more insufferable than they already are. "Disney is making a movie for us!" No, they're making a movie with anthropomorphic animals, which they've done for almost 80 years now. YOU just happen to be fixated on anthropomorphic animals and think your "thing" is bigger and more widespread than it actually is.

Disneyhead'71

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. The one bad thing about this is that certain people with a particular lifestyle are already becoming more insufferable than they already are. "Disney is making a movie for us!" No, they're making a movie with anthropomorphic animals, which they've done for almost 80 years now. YOU just happen to be fixated on anthropomorphic animals and think your "thing" is bigger and more widespread than it actually is.
Seriously? It's probably best if they just go and enjoy the movie and talk amongst themselves after.

Matt_Black

Seriously? It's probably best if they just go and enjoy the movie and talk amongst themselves after.

These are the same people who continuously and vigorously argued that Robin Friggin' Hood was the best Disney animated feature.

"Well, you didn't say how you were defining 'best'."
I shouldn't have to! It's in the dictionary! You can google it yourself!
"But if we really really like it, then isn't it 'best', at least to us?"
No, because I said, "best", not "one you like the most". I enjoy the Mannequin films more than Schindler's List, but it would be disingenuous at best for me to say that the former were objectively better films than the latter.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
What? It's been over a decade since the last time Disney made a movie with a cast of entirely anthropomorphic animals and even longer since they've made one that was good. I think it's exciting because it seemed for a while like Disney had shied away from movies like this, but now Disney's at it again and it looks like it's going to be really, really good.

Also Robin Hood is a great movie

Figments Friend

The most recent trailer ( focusing on the sloths at work ) played before the showing I saw for 'The Force Awakens' last week.
It was the first I had seen for 'Zootopia' and I enjoyed seeing the new characters in motion.
It shows promise, and looks like Disney is attempting to make another 'hip for adults' type of animated feature ala Pixar.

Although the trailer was fun, I was most impressed by the reaction the trailer recieved from the fairly full theatre of mostly adults and twenty-somethings.
It was only the second time I've heard a audience really react and honestly laugh their butts off openly in a theatre.
The other time being the entire showing I saw opening weekend for 'Austin Powers: Goldmember' some years ago.
People were just rolling in the aisles.....and this trailer had the same effect.
It was definitely something I took notice of.

Looks like this one will be a hit with a certain crowd.
It will be interesting to see how well this one does.
-

brb1006

The most recent trailer ( focusing on the sloths at work ) played before the showing I saw for 'The Force Awakens' last week.
It was the first I had seen for 'Zootopia' and I enjoyed seeing the new characters in motion.
It shows promise, and looks like Disney is attempting to make another 'hip for adults' type of animated feature ala Pixar.

Although the trailer was fun, I was most impressed by the reaction the trailer recieved from the fairly full theatre of mostly adults and twenty-somethings.
It was only the second time I've heard a audience really react and honestly laugh their butts off openly in a theatre.
The other time being the entire showing I saw opening weekend for 'Austin Powers: Goldmember' some years ago.
People were just rolling in the aisles.....and this trailer had the same effect.
It was definitely something I took notice of.

Looks like this one will be a hit with a certain crowd.
It will be interesting to see how well this one does.
-
I need to start a countdown timer for when the film finally comes out. I'm already interested in Judy Hopps, especially since she's the newest Disney character to be a bunny.

brb1006

Am I the only person glad we finally gotten a new Disney character that's a bunny or at least as a main character? When was the last time Disney did that? Bambi?

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Am I the only person glad we finally gotten a new Disney character that's a bunny or at least as a main character? When was the last time Disney did that? Bambi?
I mean, unless you count Skippy from Robin Hood, then yeah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom