Zootopia Coming March 2016

doctornick

They are thinking Zootopia will be the film to finally unseat Deadpool

It would have been shocking if it didn't. Deadpool made $31M last weekend so with the inevitable drop off of that, it would be surprising to not see a family friendly cartoon like Zootopia not make a lot more opening weekend. Projections seem to be anywhere from $60-75M so it's not even going to be close.

Cesar R M

It would have been shocking if it didn't. Deadpool made $31M last weekend so with the inevitable drop off of that, it would be surprising to not see a family friendly cartoon like Zootopia not make a lot more opening weekend. Projections seem to be anywhere from $60-75M so it's not even going to be close.
Its already over 90 million worldwide.
98% current ratting on rottentomatoes... so I would be surprised if it doesnt.

Sped2424

I am beyond flooded by this film and I am so happy that it has such a great response to it already! Because the message of the movie is one I think we really need to see in today's world and I am so glad it's successful. Man was I wrong about this film way back when. As I have said before Moana has a LOT to live up too and I hope they do it!

Cyberman

Stole this from Twitter posts... I will post more official info once it is on news sites.

Zootopia is a buddy action comedy in animal world where humans never existed.

Animals in a modern world designed by animals.

Bambi, Jungle Book, Dumbo, Lion King, Robin Hood - all inspiration for Zootopia.

Imagineer Joe Rohde was consulted for Zootopia. And Bob Iger nearly got eaten by a lion.

As a fan of the animal films I'm looking forward to this

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Critics and fans have spoken: Zootopia is a smash hit!

The Disney film raked in a $73.7 million opening weekend domestically; a record for a Walt Disney animated feature. It’s also the biggest non-summer animated opening, the ninth-biggest animated debut of all time, and the third-biggest opening ever for a wholly original motion picture. Its global total is $232.5 million.

doctornick

It's funny to go back and read some of the consternation about the film, especially with the first teaser. Seems to have turned out pretty good.

Also, the concerns about Shakira voice acting, since she ended up playing.... a singer, whose main role in the film was singing the theme song.

Animaniac93-98

Zootiopia = $

"Dropping only 33.4%, Zootopia is the #1 film for the second weekend in a row as its domestic cume has now climbed to $142.6 million. Internationally the animated feature took in an additional $83.1 million, which is actually up 25% from last weekend. The jump is largely due to the estimated $56.5 million it brought in this weekend in China, an increase of a whopping 139% as its global cume now stands at $431.3 million."

- Box Office Mojo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom