Zoog disney (old disney channel)

the-reason14

Original Poster
Hey my ppls, whats up. Anyways, do yall remember disney back when it was called zoog. I do, remember they had Jett Jackson, So weird, The jersey, and all those reality like shows. I wish they still showed some of those. What do yall think.

The new disney channel is OK, but it just seems too childish, I mean its still like the most watched network I watch, but its just has to many cartoons.

I remember that commercial when they had that guy who was walking around school looking anxious only to go home and watch disney. I thought that was a pretty creative thing, but now since They are trying to compete with Nick, iis like theyve become to childish.

What do yall think.

mandib

I totally agree. All I used to watch was Disney Chanel but now I think it is to kiddish. I mean yes I did get older (a whole 15 now) but still I liked it better back then. Those shows actually had real people. I'm not into the whole cartoon people thing. :)

General Grizz

"You're dead if you aim for kids" - Walt Disney

Eh, Disney Channel is just like Nickelodeon. I mean, why watch it? Nick Junior and Teen Nick all over again.

I remember when I bought a cable box just for the Disney Channel. I remember hitting RECORD on the VCR and waking up each morning to see what goodies "Vault Disney" would bring me.

Well, another classic lost. Vault and others (or as you are saying, Zoog - I was never really in touch with it) are now truly in the vault. . . and maybe they will return when our 24/7 kids shows will get old (after five episodes/show a day)!

Lil'mermaid

General Grizz said:
I remember when I bought a cable box just for the Disney Channel. I remember hitting RECORD on the VCR and waking up each morning to see what goodies "Vault Disney" would bring me.

I used to love to watch Vault Disney. I never really slept when I was little so I watched that. I loved all the older cartoons. The really havent got ones like that anymore. :( I really hope that at some point they bring that and Zoog back.

careship

I remember getting a satellite dish for toon disney and the disney channel. Do they still have toon disney?

the kids and I love house of Mouse on Disney channel...

We loved the Jersey and have the books that they put out for kids too. I like some of the programs they have but alot of it needs to be revamped. We love Kim Possible and I have boys....we liked Lizzie mcGuire but with hillary Duff gone... Do they have anything new in the works? As for the family Channel I like the movies they make alot of them are quite good. We love Switched.

Can anyone else think of the good programs they have on either of these channels and does anyone know if toon disney still exists?

General Grizz

Ehh, I don't watch Toon Disney. I can't stand the TV animation/shows for Lion King, Buzz Lightyear, Dalmations, etc.

Now they have "Braceface" on Disney Channel. Oy. . . is that even a Disney show? :brick:

Steamboat_Kevin

General Grizz said:
Now they have "Braceface" on Disney Channel. Oy. . . is that even a Disney show? :brick:
I remember Braceface used to be shown on Fox Family, which is now ABC Family, doesn't Disney own ABC? I can't stand the show... or just about anything on the new Disney Channel... :brick:

the-reason14

Original Poster
I loved the classic disney when they showed all the Walt disney presents, and the DIsney legends thing. I Loved those. Thats how I really began to love WDW even more after knowing all that information. But I really enjoyed zoog. Whenever they had zoog with those little robot people, it was a teen channel. And I was thinking they needed more cartoons. And now, all they have is cartoons, and I miss the reality shows they use to have. Totally hoops, and totally in tune. Im glad they're showing Bug Juice though.

Hopefully one day, theyll do some special channel were they'll show zoog and vault disney again.

Dizknee_Phreek

i never really liked Zoog Disney much. i don't know what it's like now, though...my cable people switched Disney Channel with HBO Family while Zoog was still around. i think the Disney Channel of the late 80's/early 90's was the best. remember Avonlea? and Adventures in Wonderland? now THOSE were classics! i really enjoy So Weird, though...that is, until Erik von Detton left the show, then it just seemed to lose its spark. of course, the show was doomed once the girl left.
Disney just doesn't seem to be trying to go beyond their competition anymore...they seem to be simply trying to match it...big mistake!

btw, Kevin, yes Disney owns ABC, which means they also own ABC Family.

ToTBellHop

Disney Channel used to be so much better...back when they had Vault Disney with all the old Disneyland and Wonderful World of Color episodes...I remember watching the shows where he would talk about different parts of Disneyland and the big Wonderful World of Color where he announced Disney World...sad that they got rid of it.

The Disney Channel started heading downhill when Walt Disney World Inside/Out went off the air...that was such an awesome show...my George Foreman grill just doesn't stack up to George on Inside/Out.

DisJosh

I haven't been a devoted Disney Channel watcher since about 1996 or 7 I don't recall. But that's right about when it went down the crapper. The only worth while thing for me to tune in for after that was Vault Disney but that didn't last. :(

DisJosh

ISTCNavigator57 said:
The Disney Channel started heading downhill when Walt Disney World Inside/Out went off the air...that was such an awesome show...my George Foreman grill just doesn't stack up to George on Inside/Out.

My thoughts exactly...although George Foreman wasn't exactly the reason I tuned in lol.

Dizknee_Phreek

ISTCNavigator57 said:

i KNEW there was a show i was forgetting! WDW Inside/Out was fantastic! but the original version was far superior to the second version. anyone remember Scott Harriot(sp?)? he was the host of WDW Inside/Out. then they got rid of him, put in the three other hosts, and changed the show to Disney Inside/Out, that way they could talk about the other Disney parks as well. Scott was a MUCH better host! anyway, i agree, once that show was taken off the air, most of the good points of the channel eventually went with it.

goof dogg

my Disney Channel days ended after KIDS Incoroporated was taken off,other than the MMC(pre Britney,Justin,Christina....etc)I never really watched the Disney Channel..well an occasional Adventures In Wonderland..man i wish some of those shows would come out on dvd :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom