Ziti Sisters in Italy closing this month

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
According to WDWEnt.com, there wasn't not one (it doesn't say anything about 2012 being Helga's last year, so I guess so...)
Yeah, that area wasn't exactly looking prepped out for the holidays when I was there over Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

culturenthrills

This is just sad if the Ziti Sister were cut for the budget of the Frozen M&G. I mean really Disney. I am friends with some of the incredibly talented ladies who perform in the Ziti Sisters and this is so disappointing. The just keep slowly killing all of the little extra things around World Showcase.

mm52200

Original Poster
It's not like the Zitti Sisters were generating 5-hour wait times....
No they weren't, because they were a show, not a meet and greet with a line. It's just sad that the Walt Disney Company can't seem to afford a meet and greet AND a street show with only five or six cast members. There shouldn't have to be a decision of which to keep, keep them BOTH.

discos

No they weren't, because they were a show, not a meet and greet with a line. It's just sad that the Walt Disney Company can't seem to afford a meet and greet AND a street show with only five or six cast members. There shouldn't have to be a decision of which to keep, keep them BOTH.
I agree BOTH should be kept. You would think each country would have an entertainment budget....guess not. It's a shame so many equity performers at Disney are losing jobs (recent FOLK closing too) Hopefully those performers also hold other positions in the park, maybe they'll be used at DHS.

Matt_Black

I agree BOTH should be kept. You would think each country would have an entertainment budget....guess not. It's a shame so many equity performers at Disney are losing jobs (recent FOLK closing too) Hopefully those performers also hold other positions in the park, maybe they'll be used at DHS.

Having a budget does not equate to being able to have everything. A budget means restrictions, and some times tough calls had to be made. They went with the choice that currently has a very high demand and you can't fault them for that.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Having a budget does not equate to being able to have everything. A budget means restrictions, and some times tough calls had to be made. They went with the choice that currently has a very high demand and you can't fault them for that.
Fairly certain no budget would suddenly veer into the into the red by keeping both acts. Particularly in light of the popularity of the new M&G, and the sales it generates....

Nmoody1

It's a shame constant entertainment cuts are made in parks owned by an ENTERTAINMENT company! I was in DCA and Disneyland last Thursday - a cold and overcast Thursday at the end of January and the streetmosphere and entertainment from around the park was fantastic - great live music, dancing.... Something that should really enhance experience in world showcase countries.... Let's face it, aside from shops or restaurants there isn't that much else going on.... Shame on WDW

asianway

It's a shame constant entertainment cuts are made in parks owned by an ENTERTAINMENT company! I was in DCA and Disneyland last Thursday - a cold and overcast Thursday at the end of January and the streetmosphere and entertainment from around the park was fantastic - great live music, dancing.... Something that should really enhance experience in world showcase countries.... Let's face it, aside from shops or restaurants there isn't that much else going on.... Shame on WDW
And in the cases of face characters participating in those shows at DL there's nothing that can touch it at WDW.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It's sad for the cast, many of whom have been with the company awhile. One of them was a former Comedy Warehouse CM, at least two worked at Adventurer's Club, and one of the ladies once worked at Hoop. I hope they're able to find other work for them all. They were all very talented. It's especially disheartening when you know how little they were actually getting paid, even as equity performers (in other words, the budget for the show surely wasn't breaking the bank).

midwest_mice

The interactive shows just seem to be the way of the past anymore resort-wide. What's next, no more streetmosphere performers at Hollywood Studios? To me, the performers just bring out the whole story in the pavilions, streets, etc. It's like going through a haunted house with great room sets, but no one is there to scare you!

asianway

The interactive shows just seem to be the way of the past anymore resort-wide. What's next, no more streetmosphere performers at Hollywood Studios? To me, the performers just bring out the whole story in the pavilions, streets, etc. It's like going through a haunted house with great room sets, but no one is there to scare you!
Right next to this thread is the loss of steam trains to reduce costs. No wonder Lilly Belle has been in limbo for so long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom