Your WDW master plan!

Matt7187

Original Poster
What would you build if you were given unlimited control to add stuff to wdw? You could spend unlimited money, but it had to fit the theme of the land and fit in a certain space (ex. Putting a super e ticket where a c ticket would fit). You could build as many new parks and hotels as you want. What would you do?

Sam Magic

My master plan for WDW:

First off before adding any new parks I would close MGM for about a year to expand and improve the quality, theme, and infrastructure. At the same time in Animal Kingdom Australia, Europe, North America, and Dinoland USA 2.0 expansions would be going on. Once Animal Kingdom attendance is up work would shift to Epcot the park in most need of help, I would strive to add more countries and E ticket's to pre-existing countries , on top of that future world would also be improved. After about 7 years Magic Kingdoms lands would all be expanded with the final toper being all parks connected by monorails and people movers. I would close my years with the destruction of DD and off brand hotels and extra swamp land to make the crowning jewl of WDW: EPCOT City Resort. The same city design with hotels and vaction homes mini DD, buissnes buildings, recration, monorail transit and Kissime International Airport.

Turtle

Here is my long list, i am bored so here it is from the top of my head.

MAGIC KINGDOM - Add e-ticket to Adventureland, take out Aladdin's Magic Carpets, massive Splash Mountain overhaul, take out Stitch's Great Escape + Monsters Inc Laugh Floor for new ORIGINAL attractions, take out the speedway for a big dark ride d-ticket, add a Liberty Square e-ticket of the civil war

EPCOT - Fix Imagination (from what I've heard), add 2 rides to the World Showcase, remove Nemo from the Seas, add a Time Racers coaster, fix Future World

ANIMAL KINGDOM - Add Beastly Kingdom replacing Camp Minnie Mickey, add Storybook Jungle (Animal-esque Fantasyland) replacing Rafiki's Planet Watch, fix Dinoland and gut out the stupid Chester + Hester, fix the yeti

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS - Add Star Wars land replacing Echo Lake, add Muppet Studios mini land around MuppetVision, expand Pixar Place with MI Coaster + Ratatouille Clone from Paris + Up Spinner + Bugs Life Dark Ride + Pixar Museum (mix of Magic of Animation and One Man's Dream), replace Animation Courtyard and expansion pad between Sunset Boulevard with Disney Studios with Tron Coaster + Oz dark ride + Legend of Jack Sparrow

WED99

First thing, get rid of every single Pixar Attraction in the park.

Then move them all to a new Pixar 5th Gate. This would leave a ton of space in the other four parks for brand new attractions! So guests will be dying to come to WDW to see the new Pixar park and heaps of new attractions in the other 4 gates!

Tip Top Club

Just a few things off the top of my head:

Magic Kingdom:
Remove that terrible speedway for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland Expansion.
Exterior Refurbs of Tomorrowland Buildings to bring them up to a more Sci-Fi Feel.
Replacement for Stitch's Great Escape.
New Daytime and Nighttime Parades.
Arcades on either side of Main Street for Traffic Flow.
Complete Re-Imagining of Space Mountain so it's on par or better than Disneyland's.
Significant Refurbs for Jungle Cruise (Adding Piranhas), Splash Mountain, and Peter Pan's Flight.

EPCOT:
COMPLETE OVERHAUL of Imagination. Gut the whole building. Throw away Everything but the Glass Pyramids.
Upgrade Fountain Technology in IllumiNations, but no changes for Pyro or Music.

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
More Cohesive Theme for Muppet Studios. (Re-theme Pizza Planet to the Swedish Chef, and throw in a What-Not Workshop)
Overhaul of Fantasmic! Upgrades to Sound and Lighting System, New Curtains and Backdrop, New Sequence replacing Lion King, Rapunzal Replacing Snow White in the Princess Sequence, Flotsam and Jetsam Boats for and Expanded Ursula Sequence, New Dragon, Technical Upgrades, Additional Seating.
Jack Sparrow Meet and Greet inside the Legend of Jack Sparrow.
Ratatouille Dark Ride from Paris and Ratatouille Restaurant in Pixar Place.
Complete Re-Imagined Backlot Tour with props from relevant movies, and queue through Disney Archives.
New E-Ticket Attraction Replacing Lights, Motors, Action (Tron Coaster? Stark Expo? Carsland? Something Else?)

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
Scrap Avatar
Expand Camp Minnie-Mickey to Include A version of Grizzly Peak, a classic Omnimover Dark Ride (Perhaps Lion King or Pocahontas) and North American Animals.
Orangutans, and Some sort of Orangutan based attraction for Asia. (Even if it was something small like a Spinner, or an awesome Play area)
A Walkthrough Experience for Dinoland, that would feature living character based Dinosaurs that could track your movements and follow you with their eyes. Designed to be educational about Dinosaurs, but still very impressive to walk-through.
Once All of that is done, a World of Color Type Fountain Show for Discovery River, using Everest as it's background similar to how Screamin' and the Fun Wheel are the background of WoC.

Those are just a few things off the top of my head.

Matt7187

Original Poster

Then move them all to a new Pixar 5th Gate. This would leave a ton of space in the other four parks for brand new attractions! So guests will be dying to come to WDW to see the new Pixar park and heaps of new attractions in the other 4 gates!
What would you put in that Pixar park?

WED99

What would you put in that Pixar park?
Firstly all the attractions from the other gates. I'd have to think about what exactly would go in. Monstropolis area for sure because it's great for theming! Radiator Springs would be nice. A bugs land. Maybe even a working studio with a tour?

mharrington

Well, I'm not sure what I would do for all the parks, but I do know that the Magic Kingdom and Epcot would be updated greatly. I'll write them up later.

Turtle

as much as a pixar fan that i am, a whole Pixar 5th gate is not a good idea.. Make it a big land consuming the backlot at DHS but not ALL the rides need to be moved there (Ex: Buzz stays at MK, Bugs Life stays at AK, Nemo is removed from epcot but not put into DHS)

WED99

as much as a pixar fan that i am, a whole Pixar 5th gate is not a good idea.. Make it a big land consuming the backlot at DHS
No, I would be improving on the backlot. Most likely something to do with the lucasfilm departments. That is one of the last things making DHS a studio themed park. Also, I wouldn't want hordes of people coming to DHS just for Pixar. I think it could hold up on its own as a fifth gate.

Turtle

No, I would be improving on the backlot. Most likely something to do with the lucasfilm departments. That is one of the last things making DHS a studio themed park. Also, I wouldn't want hordes of people coming to DHS just for Pixar. I think it could hold up on its own as a fifth gate.
IMO it wouldn't really work. But I can imagine the park icon being a humongous luxo, and the "Main Street" looking like the studio with the bricks.

I think DHS should just get rid of everything real-life studio including the backlot and be like Universal's ride the movies but with more of a cohesive theme (Muppets, Lucas, Disney Live Action, Pixar). But the backlot could be like the railroad and transport guests around the park.

WED99

I can't link a video but if you search Pixar Rush gameplay on YouTube you may find a video with the park the game is based in. That is what I want it to look like! Trees everywhere and a hub branching off to each movie! No Main Street like entrance, through the Pixar Studios gate and into the hub with a Luxo and Luxo Jr Weinie.

I really think it could work. Many people talk about a Star Wars gate, this wouldn't be much different. I would fit the Disney parks better IMO.

Matt7187

Original Poster
I can't link a video but if you search Pixar Rush gameplay on YouTube you may find a video with the park the game is based in. That is what I want it to look like! Trees everywhere and a hub branching off to each movie! No Main Street like entrance, through the Pixar Studios gate and into the hub with a Luxo and Luxo Jr Weinie.

I really think it could work. Many people talk about a Star Wars gate, this wouldn't be much different. I would fit the Disney parks better IMO.
If there was a Pixar park, would it have rides based on all of the movies? You would have to have tons of expansion room for all of the new movies. Also, what rides could you think of for brave? I can't think of any!

WED99

If there was a Pixar park, would it have rides based on all of the movies? You would have to have tons of expansion room for all of the new movies. Also, what rides could you think of for brave? I can't think of any!
Brave is a hard one! The park would rely heavily on environment not just rides. Not all movies (such as brave) would get an E-Ticket. Brave could have a carousel! A show maybe?

And I don't have time right now but later I will draw up a layout for expansion!

Turtle

I don't think it should happen but thinking of it i like it but not for real life lol.

There would be Toy Story Playland (Midway Mania, RC Racer, brand new Spiderman-like e-ticket inside "Andy's House), Monstropolis (Door Coaster, Laugh Floor, Monsters University Dark Ride), Barrier Reef (Crush's Coaster, show), Paradise Falls (Dark Ride, Spinner, Playground), Radiator Springs (Radiator Springs Racers, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Ramone's Paint Shop), Paris (Gusteau's Restaurant, Ratatouille e-ticket), Emeryville (the main street with park icon as well as museum and meet and greet center)

WED99

I personally love the idea of a Pixar park! Think of all the space they would clear up in the parks!
exactly! It's like the best idea if something bad were to happen to WDW, like attendance dropped heaps or Uni begins to get better numbers.

All they do is move all of them into a new park, which will bring hordes of guests! Then everyone will love the other parks even more because there will be a ton of new attractions!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom