Your thoughts: Pandora better at nighttime or daytime?

Pandora better at nighttime or daytime?

• Night

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Day

Votes: 27 62.8%

• Total voters

Tom Morrow

... I kind of feel like everyone is just upset that they can't capture it on their camera phones. In person it looks real and "natural", and the dimness gives a true sense of mystery and exploration as you navigate through the land.

The only thing I would change is to make the floating islands glow brighter, as a focal point.

RSoxNo1

... I kind of feel like everyone is just upset that they can't capture it on their camera phones. In person it looks real and "natural", and the dimness gives a true sense of mystery and exploration as you navigate through the land.

The only thing I would change is to make the floating islands glow brighter, as a focal point.
I felt that it was more photogenic than actually pretty. I took some great photos of it, but I don't think it looked as good as the photos.

Tom Morrow

I felt that it was more photogenic than actually pretty. I took some great photos of it, but I don't think it looked as good as the photos.
What camera did you use? My iPhone couldn't get anything good. I'll have to return with a DSLR for long exposure shots.

beertiki

The long exposure shots will be over exposed with blue. The only way to really capture those colors with a camera is with a yellow gel filter. The UV and blue light is a much higher energy than what your eyes see, but your camera sensor will make the entire scene more blue than it appears. The yellow filter will remove some of the blue light. White balance will need to be adjusted too. While I enjoy the challenge of photographing fluorescence in corals, it is a natural phenomenon, and a beautiful evolutionary adaptation. Pandora is fake, I don't need to manipulate a camera to make it look even more fake.

beertiki

2016-08-06 19.44.57.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom