Your Thoughts on Rhino Rally

Sketch105

Original Poster
I recently took a trip to Busch Gardens, which I haven't been to since I was probably 6.

I finally got to ride rhino rally and I have to say while I loved the driver's spiel (his name was Slippery Sam) and seeing the animals, I had two complaints: 1.) too short and 2.) Not thrilling enough. I was hoping to go over the waterfall backwards when we got to it, but instead it was the end of our "not-so-perilous trip down river". They had a great idea but they blew it. Plus you can see the device holding up the "broken" boat.

As for being short, the animal part was good but needed more to it, and the river part was way too short for an adventure.

rocketman23

In two words, it sucks. I do love the animal part, but that is incredibly short. The river part is just shameful, they should have put more animals here instead! Not to mention the awful loading and endless lines. It's about the only thing at BGT I'm disappointed in. The AK Safari is worlds better than this one.

The one at AK is NOTHING like this one. I finally made it to AK on Saturday. July 13th. The ride was long and sometimes boring at times. The ride at AK went on for 30mins and seemed to just go around parts for no real reson. Yes there were animals but they were spread thin. This was before it poured down rain that day. When it was still sunny out. Rhino Rally does have problems with the "water" part of the ride. But this is due to tech problems. These are two diffent rides. Yes on both you do ride in vehicals and they both do go through parts with animals. Not the same ride though.

WDWFREAK53

I must disagree...the AK Safari is hands down the BEST ride-through safari I have ever been to. (Includes BGT, and SFGAdv)

You don't even realize that you are in DISNEY when you are on the safari. You look around and it's just ENDLESS SAVANNAH...which is how IT REALLY IS! Sorry no "thrills"...it's not MEANT TO BE A THRILL RIDE!

DLMAGICDARREN

While I have to say that I agree the AK Safari wins hands down, I really enjoyed Rhino Ralley.

I had never been to the park before. All I knew was a lot of history, that it was a park known for it's animals and lavish gardens, but over the years has been adding more and more rollercoasters.

Never knowing what the park was actually like years ago, I accepted it as a thrill ride park, and Rhino Ralley was no exception. It was extremely short, but I almost freaked out when our safari ride turned into a rapids adventure, I had no idea it did that.

Granted there are not a lot of animals to see, but there were enough.

TravisMT81

The AK safari is approx. 19 minutes :D

I have not been to BG since I was a little boy hehe, though I would like to venture down there again. I think Rhino Rally would be fun. But I really don't think it is possible to go over the waterfall backwards

:lol:

mousecar

I saw a story on this ride on the Travel Channel last year.
It was advertised as very innovative, especially with some runaway river ride section. Is it worth going to Busch Gardens to see?

Sketch105

Original Poster
Busch Gardens is well worth the trip, but not for Rhino Rally alone. I really enjoyed going on Montu about 20 times. Its a nice little park, and I had fun, but don't base your entire trip just to see Rhino Rally. It would be a disappointment.

mousecar

Originally posted by Sketch105
Busch Gardens is well worth the trip, but not for Rhino Rally alone. I really enjoyed going on Montu about 20 times. Its a nice little park, and I had fun, but don't base your entire trip just to see Rhino Rally. It would be a disappointment.

Thanks for the advice

woofboy111

Anyone got pictures of the ride??? My annual pass for bg expired about 2 weeks before the soft openings for the ride began, so I never got on it...

RobFL

Account Suspended
I was there when Soft Opening began.

I was also there when the ride crashed. Not a fun day. I've never been able to do the "water" portion.

The ride is essentially the same, but the turns are banked and taken slower, and some have rails to prevent the vehicles from flipping like they did before. Before, the slopes went in the wrong direction.

-Rob

CAPTAIN HOOK

The only time I've been to Busch Gardens was in '94, so I assume that alot has changed in that time. We'll be in Florida next April and BG is a consideration.
Is a day out in Tampa worth it or can Orlando provide everything without doing the 70+ mile journey ?

Sketch105

Original Poster
A day out at BG is worth it. They have several new coasters such as Kumba, Montu, and a new dueling woodie called Gwazi. I highly recommend a front seat ride on Montu. Montu was the best attraction in the park.

ukcoasterfreak

Rhino Rally is not what it is hyped up to be. Maybe it was just that the queue system they use is absolutly diabolical or maybe it was just the driver was a lazy one who if he doesn't get the reaction he's looking for just shuts up instead oftrying to lighten up the situation.

Where were the gators that are supposed to be in the water as you float down?

Also their system of they have little traffic lights and our driver kept stopping at everyone as he was going to fast and ahead of time which spoilt it. We got to the bridge and he drove on then stopped for about 15 seconds then the bridge turned into the raft. How is this supposed to be thrilling?

If the guy had slowed down we would have got on just before it breaks free and it would look more effective then waiting for it to break? Anyways I'm sorry Busch is a great park apart from this ride...Kumba, Montu and Gwazi rock! I'll post a Rhino Rally pic in a min for you...

ukcoasterfreak

here's the RR pic

Attachments

• p8060264.jpg
    p8060264.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 120

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom