Your stuff when you go on a ride?

Geekella

Original Poster
I'm a newb. Going to DW for the first time in my life in 66 days!

What happens to your backpacks and stuff when you go on a ride? Do they have cubbies, lockers, or do you just kind of set your stuff down somewhere before getting on the rides?

Thanks!

MickeyMomV

What happens to your backpacks and stuff when you go on a ride? Do they have cubbies, lockers, or do you just kind of set your stuff down somewhere before getting on the rides?

Thanks!
You take it with you. Typically they will have a mesh pocket either in front or under your seat. Backpacks you will usually put by your feet if they do not fit in the pocket and put a foot through the strap so it doesn't go anywhere. The mesh pockets are big enough for a medium purse or a sweatshirt.

There are lockers you can rent in the front of each park if you need storage room.

Jeff456

Yeah I've always taken stuff on rides, rock n roller coaster is the only ride that goes upside down anyway, I've just put my foot through the bag straps from memory!

Weather_Lady

Bags are no problem!

I wear a small crossbody purse and simply leave it on during attractions, tucking it under or beside the attraction restraint as appropriate.

My husband sometimes carries a backpack, which he tucks into the provided mesh holder (on attractions that have one) or sets on the floor of the ride vehicle (and it it's a ride with a lot of movement, like a rollercoaster, he places one foot between the straps, like Jeff456 described above, so it can't fly around).

I'd definitely try to bring the minimum amount of "stuff" with you, though -- a backpack that is fully loaded (or that has a lot of heavy things, like camera equipment, drinks, etc.) can start to feel pretty hot and cumbersome after awhile. Our bags hold a tiny First Aid kit, handi-wipes, camera, phone, sunglasses, IDs and credit cards, disposable rain ponchos, and if the kids are meeting characters, autograph books and pens. We don't bring bottled water or anything else heavy. (Free iced water is always available on request at any WDW counter-service dining location.)

JillC LI

As other riders said, you can bring most bags on the rides with you. One suggestion though - if you have anything you don't want to get wet like a camera, you might want to bring a bag for it on the wet rides.

Yert3

Always amazes me the amount of stuff some people bring with them to a park. I understand being prepared for any contingency but what are the odds of that happening? For me it's my wallet, car keys and phone.

Same here.

jloucks

Thanks!

Just don't stick it in a bush. I did that at Uni and pert-near never got my stuff back. The money I had was forcibly donated to charity. ...seriously.:facepalm:

StarshipDisney

Hope this is not too off topic. But I left my camera in the mesh pouch on the Expedition Everest Ride once. Did not think about it for several minutes after I left the ride. However...and fortunately...Disney polices this and looks over every car for such items after every ride. I ran back as fast as I could and asked a cast member who asked me to describe it and then she went and got it for me.

parkhopper1213

Its ok to carry a backpack, but make it light. Most rides you will be able to squish it by your feet. Lockers are located at the front gate of the parks and it can be a bit pricey. Once exception to all of this is at Animal Kingdom- Kali River. You have an excellent chance of getting soaked on this ride. There used to be a place on the raft to store things and keep things dry but they removed the storage recently. Now if you want to keep things dry, there are storage lockers by the ride. They are free, but for a very limited time (like an hour or 90 minutes)

SyracuseDisneyFan

Usually, I take it with me on the ride and if there's a place to store my belongings, I'll use that. If not, I'll put it between my feet or give it to someone in my party who's not riding.

Sans Souci

Always amazes me the amount of stuff some people bring with them to a park. I understand being prepared for any contingency but what are the odds of that happening? For me it's my wallet, car keys and phone.

I try to take a minimalist approach, but it's always that bottle of sunscreen that makes me take a small purse.

GVentola

Like some of the other posters alluded to--yeah, don't leave your belongings in a bush, on a bench, etc. Or I'll take them and turn them into Guest Relations, or report them to a security guard as suspicious! ;) I've done it more than once before!

The_Jobu

I usually roll with a pair of cargo shorts which have more than enough space for everything I need, though I understand ladies usually need to pack more so a small purse should be no troubles.

JIMINYCR

Rides like Splash & POTC may have wet floors so watch before you set your backpack down. And just be careful when you enter and exit the rides that you watch where the backpack is swinging. I've been hit many times by clueless guests whipping them around when putting them on or taking them off.

Clarissa McDaniel

We always have a backpack with us. One of us will store it at our feet on rides. I'm usually the one with this task because I have the shortest legs and smallest feet so I have more space than others. I always put my legs through the straps to keep it from going anywhere. The only ride this is an issue with is Soarin'. But they allow you to leave bags on the floor near where you load and unload. Never had any problems with anyone bothering it there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom