Your Post D23 Master Plan

Matt7187

Original Poster
Today was a very big day for us theme park fans, with 2 huge expansions announced for DHS in Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land, updates on the new AK nighttime show and Pandora, and the long awaited new Soarin' film. Now, of course, the parks aren't complete, with Epcot, Tomorrowland, and DHS still needing serious love. What would you do to complete the parks? You can put the Star Wars expansion anywhere you want, whether it is in the SoA area or the Indy area. I'll put mine on in a little bit.

Also, try and keep it realistic budget wise and scope wise.

orlando678-

I would redo Imagination pavilion, redo Universe of Energy, open wonders of life with a simulator, flume ride and inside out ride. Give DHS a Lucas and a Pixar land and not Toy Story and Star Wars. In Pixar land would be Toy Story as planned plus a junkyard jamboree based on Woody, Incredibles ride, Monsters Inc door coaster and relocated laugh floor and a new Cars E-ticket. Add a new Indy EMV flume ride. Tomorrowland gets new rides replacing Buzz, Stitch and Monsters Inc. Also a new ride replaces the Tomorrowland stage. Just some things i would like to see.

Matt7187

Original Poster
I would redo Imagination pavilion, redo Universe of Energy, open wonders of life with a simulator, flume ride and inside out ride. Give DHS a Lucas and a Pixar land and not Toy Story and Star Wars. In Pixar land would be Toy Story as planned plus a junkyard jamboree based on Woody, Incredibles ride, Monsters Inc door coaster and relocated laugh floor and a new Cars E-ticket. Add a new Indy EMV flume ride. Tomorrowland gets new rides replacing Buzz, Stitch and Monsters Inc. Also a new ride replaces the Tomorrowland stage. Just some things i would like to see.
How would the EMV flume work?

Matt7187

Original Poster
Alright, here goes mine:

MK: Easily the most complete park, it needs very little compared to other parks
  1. Tomorrowland rework, with replacements for Stitch, Buzz, Monsters (relocated to DHS), and the Speedway
  2. Adventure land rework, with removed Magic Carpets and a new E ticket in the open area behind JC
  3. New Frontierland attraction

Epcot: Needs by far the most work
  1. Imagination gutting with new trackless dark ride on all of 1st floor, 2nd floor innoventions, and a new 4D show
  2. Universe of Energy updated with new information, and preferably no Ellen.
  3. Wonders of Life resurrected as a health pavilion
  4. 1-2 new attractions in WS, but not necessary
DHS: Lots of new stuff announced, but still needs more
  1. Pixar expansion in backlot area with Monsters coaster, incredibles ride, etc.
  2. Muppet mini land in surrounding area of Muppetvision
  3. Animation overhaul with new rides replacing existing shows/buildings
AK: Suprisingly complete, only needs a few things
  1. Dinorama replacement
  2. Rafikis Conservation Station replacement.
That to me is just bare bones what needs done, not including luxuries I would like such as nemo evicted from the seas

orlando678-

Nemo would be great for a Australia or sea land at AK. Dinorama could be replaced by The Good Dinosaur and Rafiki's Planet Watch by Zootopia or a different continent.

DisneyManOne

Here's what I'd do...

Magic Kingdom
  • Move Walt Disney: One Man's Dream from DHS to Town Square Exposition Hall. Move Mickey meet & greet to the Town Square Gardens, and set up other "talking characters"--namely Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy--throughout Town Square. Move Tinker Bell to a meet & greet nearby Peter Pan's Flight.
  • Turn Main Street Cinema back into a cinema, showing old Disney cartoons.
  • Restore Center Street (complete with Hallmark shop and outdoor flower garden)
  • Bring back Legend of the Lion King show (used to run at MK from 1994-2002) in new theater in-between Swiss Family Treehouse and Crystal Palace.
  • Add Journey to the Center of the Earth in a new area in-between Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean.
  • Add Thunder Mesa sub-land to Frontierland using expansion pad north of Tom Sawyer Island, complete with Western River Expedition
  • Fantasyland Village gets new exteriors, much like Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.
  • "it's a small world" gets new exterior, a la Disneyland.
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic moves to DHS and is replaced by Hunchback of Notre Dame Festival of Fools.
  • Tomorrowland Speedway is demolished.
  • On Fantasyland side of Speedway, new Wonderland area is built, complete with a new version of Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland dark ride. Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall replaces Cosmic Ray's.
  • Mickey's Madcap Circus dark ride is added to Storybook Circus.
  • "Deco-tech" styling is added to Tomorrowland's back-half (except for Space Mountain--too iconic to add Deco-tech styling to)
  • Alien Encounter returns and kicks Stitch to the curb.
  • Laugh Floor moves to DHS and Timekeeper returns.
  • Buzz Lightyear is updated with technology to Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland.
  • TRON Lightcycle Power Run coaster is added on former space of Galaxy Palace Theater.
  • CoP moves to Epcot, and Plectu's Intergalactic Revue (scrapped Disneyland concept) takes its place.
  • On Tomorrowland side of Speedway, a new version of If You Had Wings is built.
  • SpectroMagic 2.0 debuts, replacing MSEP.
  • Wishes gets a massive Disneyland Forever-esque update.
Epcot
  • See my "EPCOT Center: A New Generation" thread for more information.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Change name to Disney's Hollywoodland
  • Great Movie Ride dumps Robert Osborne narration and returns to classic narration and classic montage. Charlie Chaplin replaces "Footlight Parade". "The Godfather" replaces "The Public Enemy". "Blazing Saddles" replaces the Western scene. "Alien" alien gets updated. New horror segment is added, highlighting "Nosferatu" and "The Shining". Animation segment--featuring "The Little Mermaid" and "The Lion King"--replaces Tarzan. "Titanic" replaces "Fantasia".
  • CineMagic replaces For the First Time in Forever.
  • New Hollywoodland Hills and Eastern Gardens are added to the right of the Chinese Theater.
  • Indiana Jones Adventure replaces Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.
  • Star Wars land goes as planned.
  • Muppet Studios land is added, featuring Muppet*Vision 3D, Muppet Labs play area, the Great Muppet Movie Ride, Gonzo's Pizzeria Parlor Pandemonium replaces Mama Melrose.
  • Streets of America gets a facelift, restoring New York Street name and dumping the San Francisco model.
  • Toy Story Land goes as planned.
  • Pixar Place is expanded, featuring Ratatouille sub-land from DLP, an Incredibles area and a Monsters Inc. area.
  • The Magic of Disney Animation returns, but with all-new exhibits, including re-located Mickey's PhilharMagic.
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid is replaced by the Walt Disney Theater, which puts on a different show each day.
  • Snow White's Adventures dark ride is added to Sunset Boulevard.
  • The Golden Mickeys replaces Beauty and the Beast.
  • Fantasmic! gets major update.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Asia gets new Jungle Book dark ride.
  • Chester & Hester's is finito.
  • Yeti is finally fixed.
  • Tarzan sub-land is added to Africa.

Brer Panther

Here's what I'd do...

THE MAGIC KINGDOM
- Move Walt Disney: One Man's Dream to somewhere on Main Street U.S.A.
- Use the remaining land in Adventureland (in between the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean) to build an Indiana Jones ride similar but not identical to Disneyland's.
- Give Country Bear Jamboree and Splash Mountain nice refurbishments.
- Use the land north of Tom Sawyer's Island for some new rides in Frontierland, Western River Expedition among them.
- Peter Pan's Flight and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh are given refurbishments similar to the one recently given to Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland ride.
- A new version of the Princess Fairytale Hall is built near Rapunzel's Tower, freeing up the previous version's building for a new dark ride. Mary Poppins I think would be a good choice, or perhaps a new version of Mr. Toad?
- It's a Small World gets Disney characters (a la Disneyland, though the characters would be less obvious) and a new exterior.
- The Tommorowland Speedway space is used for two new attractions: the Fantasyland side is used for an Alice in Wonderland dark ride and the Tommorowland side is used for a TRON attraction with guests riding Light Cycles.
- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe becomes an Alice in Wonderland-themed eatery, The Walrus and the Carpenter.
- Stitch's Great Escape is replaced, as is Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. By what, I don't know.
- Buzz Lightyear gets a nice refurbishment.
- The Galaxy Palace Theater is replaced by a new version of If You Had Wings.

EPCOT
- The old name, EPCOT Center, returns.
- Spaceship Earth is given new narration from Morgan Freeman, and gone is the stupid screen-based finale.
- Not sure what to do with Innoventions...
- Ellen's Energy Adventure becomes an updated version of the original Universe of Energy attraction hosted by Jim Parsons.
- Wonders of Life becomes a new pavilion about weather, with a simulator attraction, a theatrical show, and play area.
- Mission: SPACE is replaced by an updated version of Horizons.
- Soarin' Over the World opens, of course...
- The live guides for Living With the Land are brought back.
- Circle of Life is replaced by FOOD! A Salute to Good Nutrition, an updated Kitchen Kabaret hosted by Fud Wrapper.
- Nemo and friends flee EPCOT for Dsney's Animal Kingdom. The Living Seas gets its old name back. The dark ride becomes a new version of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea using Tokyo's ride technology.
- The space between The Land and The Living Seas is used for a new pavilion, SPACE: The Final Frontier, featuring a dark ride, restaurant, and shop.
- Dreamfinder returns to EPCOT in a new version of the Journey Into Imagination attraction.
- The upstairs ImageWorks reopens.
- A 3D show based on Inside Out replaces Captain EO.
- Mexico's Gran Fiesta Tour is updated so that instead of a search for Donald, the ride becomes about the Three Caballeros taking us on a tour of Mexico and informing us of its history.
- A new attraction opens in Norway, similar but not identical to Maelstrom.
- A new Russia pavilion replaces the African Outpost, featuring a Mount Elbrus roller coaster, a Peter and the Wolf live show, and a trackless dark ride based on The Firebird.
- Germany gains a new version of the Rhine River Cruise.
- Italy gains a boat ride, too.
- The American Adventure remains unchanged, the sole addition being a new ice cream shop called Uncle Sam's.
- A Mount Fuji coaster was once planned for the Japan pavilion, but KODAK’s partnership with the parks prevented that. Now that KODAK is no longer in the picture, Mount Fuji can finally rise above Japan.
- Also here is an attraction called Bullet Train Pass, a simulator through a Japanese city.
- Morocco is now home to an indoor suspended coaster called Flying Carpets Over Morocco. This is not an Aladdin-themed experience.
- The France pavilion is now home to The Marvelous Mind of Jules Verne, a theatrical “revolving theater” show based on the stories of Jules Verne.
- The United Kingdom pavilion gains a new theater-in-the-round show in which guests are cast as King Arthur's knights of the round table.
- Egypt takes the place of the Canadian building used for
the Food and Wine Festivals.
- Canada gains a version of Grizzly River Run. Name aside, the ride has little in common with its Californian counterpart.

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (or whatever they're gonna rename it)
- Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land are built, of course.
- The Great Movie Ride is refurbished.
- If the land it covers isn't used for Star Wars Land, the Frozen Sing-Along is replaced by The Golden Mickeys.
- Muppet*Vision 3D is given a small update.
- The Great Muppet Movie Ride replaces Pizza Planet.
- Stage One Company Store is renamed to Walter's Muppet Memorabilia.
- Mama Melrose's becomes a Muppet-themed eatery.
- Newsies: The Musical and an Avengers attraction set up shop on New York Street.
- The remaining former land of Animation Courtyard that Toy Story Land doesn't replace becomes Monstropolis, with an indoor coaster and a relocated Laugh Floor. The remaining Backlot Tour land becomes Radiator Springs.

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM
- A show based on DisneyNature's Earth replaces It's Tough to Be a Bug.
- The land used for Rafiki's Planet Watch is used for new lands: the Amazon, Australia (with a Great Barrier Reef subland), the American Wilderness, and the Arctic Circle.
- Asia gets a dark ride based on The Jungle Book.
- The Yeti is finally fixed.
- Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama gets the boot, replaced by a log flume, Prehistoric Plunge; a revived version of the Excavator, and an exhibit about animals that co-existed with dinosaurs.

mharrington

Here's mine:

MAGIC KINGDOM
- Move part of Walt Disney: One Man's Dream to the Main Street Cinema (only about Disney theme parks)
- The Town Square Theater is now where most of the Fab Six can be seen (Mickey, Minnie and/or Pluto in one room and Donald, Daisy and/or Goofy in the other)
- Update the Jungle Cruise somehow
- Install a new E-ticket ride in between Jungle Cruise and Pirates
- Update Pirates to restore some of the old aspects of the old ride (but keep Capt. Jack Sparrow and crew in)
- Replace the original Country Bears show with the Vacation Hoedown version
- Bring back the Keelboats
- Relocate the Pinocchio Village Haus elsewhere and replace with a dark ride themed to Mickey Mouse (this version of Mickey's Mad/Fun House)
- Peter Pan receives an update, both inside and out
- Small World receives an update as well, both inside and out
- Update the Mad Tea Party
- Add in several attractions to Storybook Circus (a spinning ride and Mickey's Madcap Circus) and then break that off into its own land (making this the only Disney park not to have a Dumbo in Fantasyland
- The spinning ride is based on Donald's circus gig as The Astounding Donaldo
- Pete's Silly Sideshow gets an entirely different set of Disney characters in there and changes its name from Pete's Silly Sideshow to the Silly Symphonic Sideshow
- Based on this entry in Imagineerland: http://imagineerland.blogspot.com/2015/02/magic-kingdom-park-plan.html. A small Pinocchio subset of Fantasyland replaces the Tomorrowland Speedway and Cosmic Rays', featuring a relocated Village Haus and my special Pinocchio trackless dark ride ("The Adventures of Pinocchio")
- Space Mountain receives a more dramatic overhaul, which does away with the old two-track system and puts in one long track.
- The Carousel of Progress is drastically updated
- Stitch's Great Escape is gone
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is replaced by a copy of the upcoming Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue ride

EPCOT
- Epcot receives a brand-new logo like so: http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/777512/24354446/1392068522730/E82-TwitterPreview.png?token=xuiRO+jHZ1wUU8wIaOoRZx39NAM=
- Updated version of the old entry music plays:
- New sponsors for the pavilions
- Move part of Walt Disney: One Man's Dream to an Innoventions building (how Walt's EPCOT evolved into the Epcot of today)
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends reverts to The Living Seas, with Nemo characters still around but far less obvious (i.e., not there in clammobile ride)
- Major overhauls for The Land and Imagination
- A brand-new version of Horizons goes where Wonders of Life once did
- Mexico boat ride revised to have the Three Caballeros "host" the old boat ride
- A new attraction in the Germany pavilion
- Italy gets a new movie similar to the one in France, but about Italy, obviously
- The Japan pavilion gets the simulated bullet train ride once thought of but abandoned, but with a twist: an attack by a giant kaiju

That's all I got right now.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

1. With more S.I.R.? Please?
2. What if it got rethemed to X-S and had S.I.R. as the host? I THINK I'D LOVE IT!
3. But will this one have the cartoon strobe lights?

One at a time...

1. I'd keep the same amount of S.I.R., since I'd bring back the original version of the show.
2. I'd honestly remove the "comedy club" theming and just revert back to Timekeeper. Also, you seem to have an obsession with this S.I.R.
3. No. This would be an expanded version of the 1994 dark ride, albeit with modern-day animatronics and full-fledged 3D settings.

P.S. I'm a touch freaked out by your signature..."Pleakley Abuse"? What's so bad about Pleakley that you want him to die? It's not like he's on the same annoyance level as Jar-Jar or Scrappy or Gurgi.

No offense to you and all, but it just unnerves me a little...

DisneyManOne

Also back then at #2 I mentioned what if Timekeeper got rethemed to X-S and had S.I.R. as the host. But I don't care. I honestly want Jesse Eisenberg to voice Timekeeper if the attraction is brought back. He didn't voice Sergeant 90210 so...

Honestly, regarding Timekeeper, I'd reshoot the whole thing with crisper footage, new actors and such, but I'd still keep the original Robin Williams voice as a tribute to him.

Miru

Magic Kingdom:

• Create Wonderland section in Fantasyland including the Teacups. But I'd keep Cosmic Ray's, but possibly add a new restaurant as well (Tulgey Wood?) On Halloween, this area could get rethemed to either the Burton duology or the unmade 1939 version. Innovatively, Wonderland contains more content located underground, such as a version of the Disneyland ride and a video arcade.
  • Possible "Scary Adventures" revival near or even under Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
  • Make Main Street Cinema a theater again, showing old Disney cartoons and sometimes even Muppet Show clips.
EPCOT

• Reduce, but not remove, the Nemo presence in The Living Seas. Divide it into the happy Nemo stuff and the gritty scientific part more clearly.
  • Norway gets new attraction similar, but not identical, to Maelstrom.
  • Add Dreamfinder back in the Imagination pavilion somehow.
  • Mexico gets new attraction similar, but not identical, to El Rio Del Tiempo. (Walkthrough?)
  • Japan gets a ride based on a modern Japanese cultural item (Pokemon could be worth its own land or mini-land)
  • England gets a reworked Mr. Toad, possibly a thrill ride in the vein of DINOSAUR.
  • Wonders of Life re-opened, with mix of Inside Out and original content.
  • Gargoyles attraction in The American Adventure.
  • New lands based on a South American nation and an Oceanian one.
Animal Kingdom

• Two brand-new lands: South America and Australia.
Discovery Island

• Re-Open the place as-is for the time being, before possible rework.
Water Parks
  • Some aestetic touch-ups.
DisneyQuest

• Add in a Kingdom Hearts ride?
  • Digital remakes of extinct attractions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom