Your own video on rides

heartodisney

Original Poster
Ok wonderful Disney people, I have seen many people take pics on the rides and have seen video of some of the rides (the Haunted Mansion video was awsome!). But, are there rules that are in place that you can or cannot take your own video camera onboard? I know there would be issues with keeping the video camera stable, and if there were a way to "lock" it in place in front of you on certain rides, would they "frown" on this? :shrug:

WDWmazprty

Well unless they say that no video is allowed, I figure you can tape. I took video on EE, Splash Mountain, and BTMRR, along with others. I just have to figure out how to convert it and get it on here.=)

heartodisney

Original Poster
Well unless they say that no video is allowed, I figure you can tape. I took video on EE, Splash Mountain, and BTMRR, along with others. I just have to figure out how to convert it and get it on here.=)
Jon...sorry, I should have gone to you first! I know that on EE you did have some very neat shots of the ceiling coming out of the mountain!

PhotoDave219

Ok wonderful Disney people, I have seen many people take pics on the rides and have seen video of some of the rides (the Haunted Mansion video was awsome!). But, are there rules that are in place that you can or cannot take your own video camera onboard? I know there would be issues with keeping the video camera stable, and if there were a way to "lock" it in place in front of you on certain rides, would they "frown" on this? :shrug:

Are you referring to the HM video that was featured on MartinsVids.net? I know that one took weeks of shooting and editing as well countless technical obstacles to deal with, some of which are still being worked on.

The only things that i know that do not allow video are the films.

Beyond that, stabilizing your camera can be done in countless ways however getting said equipment into the parks is difficult and does not look discrete whatsoever.

But if you're hell bent on doing it? Superclamp and a fluid head.

heartodisney

Original Poster
Are you referring to the HM video that was featured on MartinsVids.net? I know that one took weeks of shooting and editing as well countless technical obstacles to deal with, some of which are still being worked on.

The only things that i know that do not allow video are the films.

Beyond that, stabilizing your camera can be done in countless ways however getting said equipment into the parks is difficult and does not look discrete whatsoever.

But if you're hell bent on doing it? Superclamp and a fluid head.
Thanks! Yes, it was a wonderful referal to that video! I do guess being "discrete" would not be what I was looking for, just shooting a video...:lol:

PhotoDave219

Well generally I can speak for myself and my friend who did a majority of the filming on the HM video.

We're discrete. We don't do anything that could ruin any guest's experience. These days, i just advise on how to discretely stabilize cameras and pull off a shot.

My suggestion is a dSLR w/ video. Canon 5dMk2/7D or Nikon D90/D300s. Beyond that, its all small clamps, ball heads & magic arms.

scottnj1966

It seems any ride with actors you are not allowed to video.
for the most part you can video as you please.

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/iphonevideos.htm

PhotoDave219

Well with the rise of movie modes in cellphones and the like, trying to outlaw videography is like trying to hold back the ocean. Wont work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom