Your impressions of Sam's Grog Grotto

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
i visited the SGG and I have to say I was surprised by how small it is. I'm Interested in others comments on it. Anyone sample the food or drinks.

Sans Souci

It was a bit of fun. I had the Báhn Mì Sliders and a couple of Dark and Tropical Stormies, I enjoyed both. I don't know if I would wait more than 15-30 minutes to get in though.

Clamman73

Went inside to take a few pics...got a dark and stormy at the outside bar...yes thought it was small also, but certainly a cool little cozy place to just have a drink or two, or three...What I've seen mentioned is that after a while, you might see the same effects happen over and over and that might get a little old.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
It was a bit of fun. I had the Báhn Mì Sliders and a couple of Dark and Tropical Stormies, I enjoyed both. I don't know if I would wait more than 15-30 minutes to get in though.
I agree after seeing it I was underwhelmed and would not wait long for a table. The outside is nice and I would probably just sit out there. The whole poly rehab just disappointed me in general, thank goodness they didn't eliminate the tambu lounge.

Last edited:

surfsupdon

I still prefer the Tambu Lounge.

Inside Trader Sams--everybody was on their phones filming things. As "alive" as the bay physically is, it felt "dead" because of the crowds inside.

Tambu is fun and full of pleasant bartenders and folks to laugh with.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
In October we sat outside because it's cramped inside. We had a zombie head, hippo maitai, flight of run, the sliders. Food was just so so, drinks were good.

I don't know if we'll bother going back this next week on this trip. Outside is just OK, maybe the inside is worth a visit.

allidog1

We went there on a Friday night a couple months ago. We started outside with some potstick and sliders that were really good, my brother got a pineapple ale (which is amazing). Our waiter James was awesome and was "in character". Once inside we ordered a HippopotoMai-Tai that was great and the Uh-Oa! which had a great show with it. It was so worth the wait and the small space made for a better atmosphere.

shipley731

We went back in October on a Thursday night about 9pm & were able to walk right in. Yes, the bar is small, but so is the one in California. (We've been to both.) I would give the slight edge to the one out in California. I will say that our experience last month was great. We didn't have any food, but had a couple of rounds of drinks that were good. The server we had was also 100% into the character & sold it. Can't remember her name right now, but mentioned her specifically in a survey I got from WDW after I got back from the trip. All that being said, I will definitely go back, but probably not a Friday or Saturday night. I dislike waiting in lines & probably wouldn't wait more than 15-20 minutes to get in.

JohnD

I went for an after-dinner drink. Purchased the one with the tiki heads on it. Can't remember it's name. I like the show they put on for each drink you order.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom