Your Grade for Walt Disney World

What grade do you give Walt Disney World as it exists today?

• A+

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • A

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • A-

Votes: 36 23.1%
  • B+

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • B

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • B-

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • C

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • D

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • F

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I gave it a "B"
As far as how happy it makes me feel, the nostalgia and the value vs. amazing memories it still retains it gets an A.
But I had to knock the World down a couple of notches for all the things it could be, and some of the value it's lost over the last few years - changes to the DDP (tips & appetizers), EMH losing an hour, effects on rides not being plussed or fixed (yeti, btmr falling rocks, splash laughing place effects)...the continuing rising ticket prices...

Is there going to be a quiz later?

Disneyhead'71

I gave it a C. The toddlerization of Tomorrowland, Adventureland (Thank You Lord for putting Under New Management out of our misery) and Epcot's The Living Seas. 20 years without adding an E-Ticket to their flagship park. And even when they finish the FLE, they still won't have a new E-Ticket. Dragging a 10 year old parade down Main Street at 3p. And dragging a 39 year old late model used parade down Main Street at night. A 10 year old fireworks show at the MK. Pleasure Island has been boarded up like a ghost town for 4 frickin' years (they know we can see it, right?). Wonders of Life, 'nuff said on that one. YETI, ditto. And last but not least Chester and Hester's.

Does it really even seem like they are trying anymore?

luv

I voted B-.

It's not as clean as it used to be, but is slightly better than it had been for a while.

They have worked so hard to make everything acceptable to the easily offended women and the easily frighted PRE-schoolers that it became a lot less fun for the rest of the world. It needs more fun.

They need to step it up with new rides. Perhaps they should take a drive over to Uni and ride The Simpsons, Spider-Man and the Mummy.

Every new thing they do involves characters on screens. Enough already. Give us something new we can't see sitting on the coutheir our family rooms.

The staff gets less attentive and more rude every year for about the last four years. People can go to K-Mart and be treated rudely for a lot less money.

The little extras that would make them an A kind of place are almost all gone.

But it is still good. there are still fireworks at the end of the day. I moved them up from C because the bathrooms are getting better and we have the new thing opening.

Disneyhead'71

I should say that I really like some of the new dining options at Epcot like the tequila bar and Via Napoli. And I think the FLE will be beautiful. It's going to look just like a beautiful illustration ripped from the pages of a storybook. And BOG will be a nice new dining option. And the 7DMT looks to be a nice kiddie version of BTMRR.

luv

I should say that I really like some of the new dining options at Epcot like the tequila bar and Via Napoli. And I think the FLE will be beautiful. It's going to look just like a beautiful illustration ripped from the pages of a storybook. And BOG will be a nice new dining option. And the 7DMT looks to be a nice kiddie version of BTMRR.
IMO, BTMR is already a kiddie version of a coaster. Is this Mine Train supposed to be for PRE-schoolers?

CP_alum08

I gave it a B as well. I consider a B to be 'good' and 'above average' which I think WDW is. It has some flaws and it needs a little TLC but it could easily be an A with a little work. It will never be an A+ in my book because that should mean perfect and I doubt any theme park will ever be perfect.

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
I gave it a B+. It's still a great family destination for the occasional visitor but I remember what it was like (as an adult) during its golden age. Too many price increases, quality cuts, and too few E ticket additions since then to give it any higher. (I considered a lower grade but decided it's still an excellent vacation destination for the infrequent guest.) I once did a calculation of cost. Compared to 1984, the year Eisner took charge, WDW is now twice as expensive as it was then, even adjusted for inflation. On a per day basis, park tickets are greater than 3 times more expensive in terms of median household income, even taking into account the addition of 2 new parks.

Parrain

I gave it a B+, because I love it, but quick draining my wallet! The Price increases are killing me, plus, they dont seem to take care of the little thongs as well... Such as why don't they fix the Yeti? And all of the little things on Splash Mountain that don't always work? And how dumb can you be to let J K Rowling go to Universal? She is a creative genius, don't dictate to her, you would think that a company of artists would understand how to work with an artist. I hope Avatarland is as cool as Cars Land in Cali. Cars Land has given me hope for WDW to bring back the awe inspiring magic. Come on WDW, wow me once again! (but I still love it)

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
I'm impressed with the voting so far. With the polarization sometimes seen on these discussion boards, I thought for sure all the grades would be either A+ or F!;) Only a couple of A+ and nothing below a C. So far, WDW's cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) is 3.14, somewhere between a B and a B+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom