Your Favourite Resort and Why?

real mad hatter

I had a friend round last night looking to book a WDW holiday this year.he's never been before but likes the idea of staying onsite and asked if I could recommend a resort,as much as we love PORS,it may not be their dream resort,so in one word,what makes your favourite resort and why?is it for the relaxation of the resort or the position where it is?.So what makes you go back to your favourite resort time and time again?:wave:

DisneyJoe

I had a friend round last night looking to book a WDW holiday this year.he's never been before but likes the idea of staying onsite and asked if I could recommend a resort,as much as we love PORS,it may not be their dream resort,so in one word,what makes your favourite resort and why?is it for the relaxation of the resort or the position where it is?.So what makes you go back to your favourite resort time and time again?:wave:

We have a few, and it depends on the type of trip we are taking and who is traveling...

- if its a commando type trip, touring the parks, just need the room to sleep - OR - we are just needing to watch money for a quick cheap trip, we love Pop

- if its a more relaxing trip, sometimes just me and my wife, or even with our boys, and we want to take it easy and spend resort time, we love visiting AKL or WL

- if we feel like splurging a bit, maybe are attending the Food and Wine Festival, or just want the convenience of walking to 2 parks, we like the Yacht and Beach Club, and we have stayed in the Contemporary and BLT for convenience to the MK

Upvote 0

SuprDav

Of the few I have stayed in: CBR, ASM & CS, I would choose Corondao from the 3. The location is very central to all parks & the resort itself is very nice. :)

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Our home away from home is the Wilderness Lodge. We just the peace it brings. The grounds are great and we love the boat ride to the MK. We have stayed here 4 time in 12 trips with the 5th stay booked for Christmas. We have also found the Boardwalk Inn. I really love this LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. With so many choose for dinner and walking to Epcot (which has become our fav park) how could you go wrong. I have to admit we are resort snobs and prefer to go deluxe but DD and I are taking a quick long weekend trip in 43 days to visit other DD while working in the CP and we will staying CSR. We have stayed here twice (first 2 years they were open) and really liked it. So I want to experence it again. The best advise to give your friends is for them to exporle the WDW wedsite and look at each resort and for them to choose a resort that fits a theme they like. Then advise them to resort hop when they get here in order to help select where they want to stay next...assuming they will return at some point.

Upvote 0

Princess7

Value-- Pop Century (Art of Animation may replace Pop for me once I have stayed there)
Moderate--Port Orleans Riverside
Deluxe--Yacht and Beach Club

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

Beach Club and Boardwalk Villas are our top resorts. :king: As we all have said and heard over a million times "location, location, location." Both these resorts offer that. The are in the heart of everything and you can walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios or take the boat. You can walk through Epcot and grab the monorail to Magic Kingdom or other monorail resorts for a meal. The Boardwalk itself is outstanding and full of activities and restaurants. They are both great and can't go wrong either way! Their pools are spectacular and you can enter Epcot through the back so the lines are never bad which kicks you right into world-showcase.

Upvote 0

StAug WDW fan

Depends

I think I'm like most people it sort of depends on the season and the reason for the trip.

Christmas - Wilderness Lodge or Grand Floridian
Summer - long trip - Yacht and or Beach club
Short trip mostly in the parks - Coronodo Springs/ Caribbean Beach

Upvote 0

MSU Jafar

Polynesian...location, atmosphere, great view of the fireworks from the beach, Lapu Lapus, Kona Cafe, but most of all because this is where my DW and I stayed on our Honeymoon!!

Upvote 0

jeffk410

As of now I would have to say AKL savannah view. I know it is a bit out of the way, but I almost like it. It is unique, the themeing is wonderful, and whats better than seeing animals.

On the other hand I am very excited for my next trip to Wilderness Lodge, seems like it has a few great perks.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

DisneyJoe covered it for us too! Longer more relaxing trip we love Yacht Club (or Boardwalk). If it is more commando style Pop is the resort for us. Our least favorite of all our stays was CSR.

Upvote 0

SulleyanBoo

We have 2 :)

1. CONTEMPOARY: Theme, location, view of the castle, and Chef Mickey's and California Grille

2. Port Orleans Riverside Value, theme, pool, and location

Upvote 0

rani8600

i would say the beach club or yacht. they are right between two parks, both walking distance and the pool is amazing. the only down side really is food. the selections there arent great when you just want something quick

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom