Your favorite things at Universal Orlando Resort?

BryceM

Original Poster
People always ask what their favorite things are when they visit Walt Disney World, but what are your favorite (little or big) details when you visit Universal Orlando Resort?

Mine have to be:

- Walking towards CityWalk from the parking garage and seeing the "Welcome to Universal Orlando".
- Approaching Islands of Adventure and having the music seamlessly change from upbeat to that dreamy Port of Entry soundtrack.
- Seeing "The Adventure Begins" as you hear The Incredible Hulk roar in the background.
- Exploring the alleyways of New York at Universal Studios.
- Walking around Hollywood and the "Garden of Allah" area.

JustInTime

So far the only "favorite" is seeing Hogwarts in the distance and spending hours in that section. Everything from the music to the atmosphere is just perfect.

BryceM

Original Poster
Oh! I forgot one. There's a plaque in Seuss Landing at Islands of Adventure that I love! It says...

"Because someone like you cared a whole awful lot, this park is alive where before it was not."

HTF

My favorite things at Universal hmmm,

Visiting a park and seeing new attractions being built

Enjoying a frozen Butter Beer

The moment the scoop turns and Spidey jumps on

HHN's

Seeing the numerous Easter eggs

Seeing the faces of those who have never been before

Turtle

spidermaaaaaaan. harry potteeeeeerr. siiiiiiimpsonsssss. transfoooooorrmmeeerssss.. deeespiccaaaableee meeeee. looewss portofinooooOOOoooOooOOOo.

(I type weird when Im bored)

WED99

Oh! I forgot one. There's a plaque in Seuss Landing at Islands of Adventure that I love! It says...

"Because someone like you cared a whole awful lot, this park is alive where before it was not."
Lorax quote! They just changed tree with park (in case you didn't know)

WED99

For me it's:
-Everything Seuss Landing (Especially One Fish, Two Fish). To me it's more detailed and better themed than any other theme park area in the world. I never want to leave!

-Drinking UnFrozen Butterbeer! Favourite drink!

-Making my Dad a dinosaur in JPDC. His head is so funny so it always comes out good :p

-Riding Ripsaw Falls. Best ride in the park IMO.

-Riding Nicktoon Blast. It's the only ride in the Studios I really liked, and it's like they made a ride based on my childhood. Damn those filthy yellow minions!

wiigirl

Frozen Butterbeer :) they really should bottle that stuff...

Thats definetly in my top 5!
75.gif

I am big Universal fan, so lets see:

- Butterbeer & The Wizarding World

- Frozen Drinks at Fat Tuesday & Hurricanes at Pat O'Briens

- My premier pass with express after 4

- Being on the winning side at MIB

- Incredible amount of ongoing construction projects

- Burgers at Margaritaville

- Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man & Mummy

- Happy Hour at NASCAR Cafe Patio, Finnegans & Backwater Bar

- Going on rides after Happy Hour

- Mardi Gras, Summer Concerts, HHN & Grinchmas

BryceM

Original Poster
Lorax quote! They just changed tree with park (in case you didn't know)
Oh, I didn't know that! I've actually never read the Lorax. I've seen the movie and have read just about every other Dr. Seuss book except that one.

Disneyhead'71

•Sitting harborside at Portofino Bay enjoying a cheese plate and a bottle of wine at Flying Fish Cafe

•Park to Park to Party sans busses

•New state of the art attractions

•BiCE, The Palm, Tchoup Chop, Emeril's Orlando

•the pool concierge at Portofino Bay

•HHNs

•Mardi Gras

•$229 AP with parking

Calvin Coolidge

Seconding everyone about the Point of Entry music transitions. Fantastic.

I'd add - the goofy 90s pre-show before T2:3D, hitting the red button on Men in Black and my family being so confused how I always beat them, the roaring sound that the Hulk makes, that one "fall" on Spider-Man (you know which one).

And Hogsmeade.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
- Getting that first view of CityWalk after leaving the parking garage
- Walking under the archway at Studios and hearing all the classic movie themes
- Taking my sweet time walking through the E.T. Adventure queue
- Finding Doc Brown somewhere in the park
- Hitting that red button first on MIB
- Riding Mummy, Potter, Spidey, Simpsons, Jurassic… the list goes on and on!
- Feeling the intensity of Hulk's launch
- Seeing all the awesome construction projects going on
- Going up Rockit's lift hill with great music thumpin' (just hope I'm on a smooth train, haha)
- Wandering around the Wizarding World
- Having a meal at Bubba Gump, NBA City, or NASCAR Sports Grille

And when I lived in Orlando, stuff like having lunch at Pastamore's counter service, catching a flick at the AMC, waiting in line for and watching TNA tapings, getting out of the hot sun at T2:3D, and just taking it easy around the Studios were big favorites of mine. :cool:

TalkingHead

Just went yesterday and a few places I fell in love with:

-The alley in WWoHP that passes the Gingott's ATM. Nice little nook back there with a detailed window with old dirty pipes that adds to the charm, and something that probably 1% of the guests notice. But it's there. Can we start calling them Universal Details instead of Disney Details?

-The back exit of Honeyduke's that leads to an alley to Three Broomsticks. Absolutely convincing area that makes it feel like a lived-in town.

-The alleys around New York at the Studios Park.

-Looking at the cranes and thinking about everything that's coming in the next two years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom