Your favorite thing about HHI resort? Any secrets to share?

becanya

Original Poster
We are heading down to Disney's HHI resort in a little more than a month. Anyone have any tips or fun things to share? Your favorite thing about the resort? A building/area I should request when we check in?

jim1051

I have no real preference building wise, but there are a few good restaurants in walking distance.

Beach is very nice as is the beach house area.

Of course I can't go to HH without a round or 2 of golf.

I have good memories of HH because that's where we decided to buy into DVC. Never regretted that choice.

We just love all the low country cuisine as well.

Yanks07

We love it in HH, and like Jim said The beach and Disney's beach house are really nice as is the golf. My favorite restaurant is The Old Oyster Factory, their oysters savannah are delish as is the raw bar Yum! HH is very laid back, my wife and I would just jump in a hammock and relax while the boys swam or rode bikes. Have fun!!

Funfy

The walk to the beach is actually nice if you decide not to take the shuttle. Be sure to go look at the Hidden Mickey in the tree at the end of the complex at the turnaround!

We liked walking to the restaurants and shops just across the bridge. It is a very relaxing place! We went right before Thanksgiving and they supplied real wood for the fireplace (at least in the Grand Villa.

Also, if you are driving and are coming in from I-16 through the middle of Georgia-watch out for the cops/state patrol in my home town-Metter Georgia/Candler County. It is not a speed trap-the speed limit remains 70, but, people have a tendency to go through there going 80-90 and it is the only place for 50+ miles for cops to eat-so beware!:wave:

disneyrcks

We are heading down to Disney's HHI resort in a little more than a month. Anyone have any tips or fun things to share? Your favorite thing about the resort? A building/area I should request when we check in?

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions as we have never been there lol! But we tried to book for Memorial Day weekend and nothing was available so please check back in and let us know how your stay was! Enjoy your trip :wave:

I also got the impression that it is not right on the beach....is that right? I saw something about a shuttle.

Funfy

Only Vero Beach is right on the Beach. Hilton Head is about 1.25 miles inland from the beach, but, they have a constantly running shuttle. We walked it and it was not an issue. Either way, the beach "lodge" is amazing. It has a pool, clubhouse, fast food counters. Both are great resorts!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom