Your expertise please...

basmal8

3 planning questions:

What is the major difference in the "Unofficial Guide" from 2014 to 2015? We are going next May '15. I could buy the '15 version, but a friend has the '14 version to lend. How much would be wrong in the older version?

And, I see many references to FP+ for fireworks. I sound like a newbie, I know, but why do I need a FP+ to see fireworks/light show? Don't we will need to look up? I must be missing something.

And, we have young kids (3 under age 8). We won't be staying up for every fireworks show. Which do recommend if we would only see one?

PLEASE HELP :)

Thanks!!

Jahona

1) The difference's between the 2014 to the 2015 guide are just updates and changes from the previous year. Walt Disney World is constantly changing. You can use the 2014 guide as most of the info will still be correct.

2) You do not need a FP+ to view fireworks or shows. The FP+ is for designated viewing areas.

3) I definitely suggest seeing Wishes and Fantasmic with the younger ones. Those are the staple shows of WDW. I love Illuminations but the middle can get a bit dull.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

The differences in one years versions isnt very great. You could do with the 2014 version. What may be missing, up to date info can be found being discussed here in various threads.
There are threads and sites that recommend where to find the best viewing spots for watching fireworks. Wishes.. is a great fireworks display but Fantasmic has more that will wow/ keep the kids enthralled... lots of characters, villains, and special effects.

Upvote 0

Bocko57

Save yourself some cash. Borrow your friend's 2014 edition. Use your FP+ for rides. I recommend Fantasmic too. To get some good seats and not have to worry about getting to the Fantasmic show 2 hrs. before it starts, get the Fantasmic Package. Also I recommend the Main Street Electric Parade in Magic Kingdom. Have a Magical time.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

What is the major difference in the "Unofficial Guide" from 2014 to 2015? We are going next May '15. I could buy the '15 version, but a friend has the '14 version to lend. How much would be wrong in the older version?
Nothing - but remember that while TUG is a vast source of wealth, wisdom and knowledge, it is out of date (in some areas) because of its print date. The book is a great guide and very useful for reading before you go. I suggest borrowing your friends version and using that knowledge as a background - for up to date information use WDWMagic
And, I see many references to FP+ for fireworks. I sound like a newbie, I know, but why do I need a FP+ to see fireworks/light show? Don't we will need to look up? I must be missing something.
Don't waste a FP+ on MK fireworks - there are many great viewing spots, and as you rightly say - you're just looking up into the sky (Wishes). In EPCOT you may want to consider a FP+ to gain a prime spot by the lagoon (Illuminations). In DHS the only advantage to using a FP+ is to avoid the long line of stand by guests (Fantasmic).
And, we have young kids (3 under age 8). We won't be staying up for every fireworks show. Which do recommend if we would only see one?
It depends really on you. A firework show is a firework show (basically). Wishes is just that, Illuminations is slightly more advanced with the Globe and the film projected onto it. As you're with youngsters you may feel Fantasmic is more appropriate with all the featured characters

Upvote 0

EOD K9

Thanks!!
To answer your question, you do indeed need a FP+ for fireworks. They put you in a great viewing area. To combat the non FP+ people from enjoying the show without having a FP, the entire park is covered in a black tarp so all you get to hear is the music, the explosions, and the oohs and ahhs of the crowd. The FP+ viewing area has no such tarp and has an unobstructed view. Have a Magical Day!!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

As stated, most of the info will be the same. The biggest differences will be information relating to things like touring plans/styles, and FP+. As that info is constantly changing, even the 2015 will be slightly out of date which is why they are going to be doing monthly updates with the Kindle version to try to combat that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom