Your Experience with "Limo" Transportation

journ116

Original Poster
Hi there! My family and I have an upcoming trip to wonderful WDW (it got even more "wonderful" after I found out that we could possibly get a sneak peak in of FLE;) )...we have always used the Disney Magical Express service to and from MCO, and have never had a problem. This time, I was thinking of booking a personal van or limo with one of the many sites out there that service MCO and Disney properties. My questions to all of you fine folks out there: which service have you used and how was your experience?

I've done my research on a couple of services, and the reviews are either 1 or 5 stars: people are either having really, really good experiences or really, really bad ones:confused:.

I like the motto, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Should we stick with what has worked in the past, or risk starting our vacation with an unknown (at least to us) transportation service and cut down 30-45 min. of travel time (getting from MCO to our resort)?

Any thoughts or suggestions are not only welcomed, but appreciated as well! Thanks for your time!

Pooh Lover

We have used a limo service for at least the last 10 years without issue. We use either Happy Limo or Quicksilver Tours & Transportation. They will meet you at the bottom of the escalator on the luggage level with your name on a card, assist you with your bags, take you quickly to your limo and then either off to your resort or (as we always request) a stop at a grocery store on the way to our resort. It is a fun addition to a trip and a fast and direct way to your resort. Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a wonderful vacation!

journ116

Original Poster
We have used a limo service for at least the last 10 years without issue. We use either Happy Limo or Quicksilver Tours & Transportation. They will meet you at the bottom of the escalator on the luggage level with your name on a card, assist you with your bags, take you quickly to your limo and then either off to your resort or (as we always request) a stop at a grocery store on the way to our resort. It is a fun addition to a trip and a fast and direct way to your resort. Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a wonderful vacation!

I did book a 10 passenger van, one-way, with Quicksilver T&T. I know that they are a "sponsor" on this site and that their website is easy to navigate, which is why I chose them. However, this service was the one that had really, really bad reviews, especially in 2009. Three years have passed since then, but I'm having trouble finding more recent reviews. Could you please tell me how your experience was with them? (The most scathing reviews included the same thing: poor customer service. But more often than not, people post bad reviews and the people with the good reviews, well, seem to keep them to themselves.)

I am tempted to keep my ressie, and am well aware of their cancellation policy. It would be awesome not to have to make up to 3 other resort stops with DME, and instead, be taken directly from point A to point B!

Thanks again for your insight!

journ116

Original Poster
I mean, having a limo might actually make me feel good about myself. But I'll stick with what's more affordable.

This particular trip is full of splurges for us...a change of pace and lifestyle for 1 week out of the year. Then, it will be back to our normal: Ramen Noodles;) (o.k., more like 10 min. pasta:D)

coachwnh

we used happy limo from sanford airport after a last minute trip a few years back and we had no issues. we arrived around 11 pm and were checked in a contmporary by 1230. driver was nice and price was fair.

journ116

Original Poster
i would stick with magical express: its free, fun, and serves its purpose :)

I will see what this thread produces, but I might just go ahead tomorrow and book DME. Then, with 1 week out (which proceeds the cancellation policy for the limo service by 4 days), my DH and I will make the final decision.
I have to admit, the thought of not being ushered to our resort via "the video" on DME, is making me a tad sentimental. Guess I could search for it on YouTube to get my fix!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Over the last 20 years when we don't use ME we use Mears Transportation. We started with the van, then a limo and moved to a towncar, family of 4, huge trunk. Going to WDW it may get us to the resort 30 or 45 minutes sooner but we do make a quick pit stop and pick up pop, beer, wine and a case of water. Those 4 items more than pay for the Towncar. The better thing is back to MCO, you don't have to be at a bus stop 3 hours before your flight. Nice! When we started with the Mears van it was before the ME. Frankly I wouldn't use the van because it is the same system as the ME except there are stops on and off sight. My son did come home in January and when he flew back into MCO I did book him a Mears van to take him back to his place and it worked just fine.

Don't count on ME video, in April I was stuck on a cruise bus talking about my cruise all the way to the resort. Annoying. On the way back to MCO same trip we had a plan gray bus so no video at all. So no magic.

journ116

Original Poster
Over the last 20 years when we don't use ME we use Mears Transportation. We started with the van, then a limo and moved to a towncar, family of 4, huge trunk. Going to WDW it may get us to the resort 30 or 45 minutes sooner but we do make a quick pit stop and pick up pop, beer, wine and a case of water. Those 4 items more than pay for the Towncar. The better thing is back to MCO, you don't have to be at a bus stop 3 hours before your flight. Nice! When we started with the Mears van it was before the ME. Frankly I wouldn't use the van because it is the same system as the ME except there are stops on and off sight. My son did come home in January and when he flew back into MCO I did book him a Mears van to take him back to his place and it worked just fine.

We have a large party: 9 people, which will probably include 6 medium-large suitcases & 6 carry-ons. I chose a van hoping it will fit all of us and our baggage. However, I did not schedule the "grocery store stop," but might now considering how much H2O we go thru.

Thanks for your insight!

Pooh Lover

This particular trip is full of splurges for us...a change of pace and lifestyle for 1 week out of the year. Then, it will be back to our normal: Ramen Noodles;) (o.k., more like 10 min. pasta:D)

Good for you and your splurges! It is a vacation afterall. Many of us are quite thrifty during the year but like to do things out of the ordinary on our vacations and don't mind saving up for and spending it on a great vacation.

I also read those bad reviews about Quicksilver but decided to try them and never had any regrets. Like you said, you tend to see more people post comments when they feel wronged than thrilled. I would have no problem at all making a reservation with them and never had any customer service or any other issue with Quicksilver.

Another thing we like about a car service is knowing immediately that you have all your luggage and won't have that worry of maybe not having access to your luggage for hours.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We have a large party: 9 people, which will probably include 6 medium-large suitcases & 6 carry-ons. I chose a van hoping it will fit all of us and our baggage. However, I did not schedule the "grocery store stop," but might now considering how much H2O we go thru.

Thanks for your insight!
Welcome. With 9 people you will likely have your own van and even if you don't likely not a lot of stopping.

copcarguyp71

We always use a service on arrival and then ME for the return trip. Getting right into a car and being assisted with your luggage gets you to the resort faster than waiting for a bus to fill up. Most if not all car services include a courtesy stop at a grocery store where we grab two cases of water, some beer, wine and snacks for the room and whatever sundry items we forgot to pack and then on to the resort. By using the car service I have found better bell services and check in experience as you do not arrive along with 20 other people coming off of ME with you. We have used Happy Limousine with god success. Their cars are in nice shape and the drivers are friendly and enjoyable to talk to.

journ116

Original Poster
We always use a service on arrival and then ME for the return trip. Getting right into a car and being assisted with your luggage gets you to the resort faster than waiting for a bus to fill up. Most if not all car services include a courtesy stop at a grocery store where we grab two cases of water, some beer, wine and snacks for the room and whatever sundry items we forgot to pack and then on to the resort. By using the car service I have found better bell services and check in experience as you do not arrive along with 20 other people coming off of ME with you. We have used Happy Limousine with god success. Their cars are in nice shape and the drivers are friendly and enjoyable to talk to.

Thank you for your insight as well! We've decided to stick with our personal car service, but I will be taking our DME booklet with us just in case there's a problem (ie the driver doesn't show up). And, we'd actually be cutting an hour or more off our time vs DME!

journ116

Original Poster
Welp, we didn't get to experience the personal car service :( Due to hurricane Sandy, I had to do a preemptive cancellation so I wouldn't incur any fees. The Quick-Silver Tours rep was very empathetic and easy to work with and we will definitely keep them in mind for our next trip to WDW (June 2013)!

We did do DME and it took us 50 min. from MCO-resort, but 95 min. from resort-MCO!!

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
Welp, we didn't get to experience the personal car service :( Due to hurricane Sandy, I had to do a preemptive cancellation so I wouldn't incur any fees. The Quick-Silver Tours rep was very empathetic and easy to work with and we will definitely keep them in mind for our next trip to WDW (June 2013)!

We did do DME and it took us 50 min. from MCO-resort, but 95 min. from resort-MCO!!

Sad indeed you did not get to use us, but I'm certain you will soon. Thanks for the review...

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

Pooh Lover

Hey, I've used Happy Limo many times and have NEVER experienced "god success." What gives? Couldn't resist copcarguyp71.....remember Hans Solo?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom