Your dream Nighttime Spectaculars

Watusimanu

Original Poster
There's not a lot of threads for shows, so I thought I would make one! My dream Nighttime Spectacular uses technology used in the Imaginations competition submission "Create the Night"

Using a custom man-made powder that incorporates qualities of moon dust, it is electromagnetic, highly reflectable, and lasts a long time. It isn't for a specific park, but could work at Epcot. By installing electromagnets in the central lake, we can manipulate the flight pattern of the powder. By programming the magnets, we can create 3D shapes and pictures using the "moon dust". Also, because it is highly reflectable, we can project images onto it while it is flying through the air.

The show would most likely have a futuristic quality, but it could work for any Disney park. Imagine a zebra galloping above your head, before morphing into a lion and giving a spectacular roar. The show would also be slightly interactive, installing thousands of tiny lights around the viewing area, seats, and ground. These lights would shine in different colors throughout the show, creating a "dance" of sorts.

That's not all. In the central lake, many fountains put on a show similar to "World of Color", adding an extra depth to the show and the story. In the center of the lake is a small, round stage where performers do scenes similar to Cirque de Solei and Fantasmic!

While I don't have a story developed yet,, this would be an ultimate nighttime spectacular, with fireworks, stage performers, dancing fountains, shining lights, and of course, the "magic powder"

What are your ideas?

Twilight_Roxas

I idea is a fireworks nighttime show at the castle with fireworks, fountains, mist screens, fire, and animated mapping projections.

Zweiland

Why? Would it not work? Or is that a compliment?
I don't think it would work. The electromagnets would have to be insanely precise to influence the chaotic motions of the powder in the correct way. A better alternative to accomplish what you describe would be the "drone pixel" technology that Disney has already patented.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom