Your best ride which is at DLRP (with a counterpart at WDW)?

Which is your best ride which is at DLRP (with a counterpart at WDW)?

• Space Mountain

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Star Tours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peter Pan's Flight

• It's a Small World

• Big Thunder Mountain

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Disneymad

Original Poster
Which Ride at DLRParis is your favourite compared to its WDW counterpart?

I couldn't decide between Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain at first (they are both MUCH better that the ones at WDW, IMO) But I decided to choose Big Thunder Mountain.

The Paris version is longer and much better themed and feels faster, IMO, also the queueing area is nicer.

Does anybody else think that DLRParis' next ride to-be-built in MK should be Splash Mountain? Splash Mountain would just complete this brilliant park! (Why didn't Disney build it in the first place)

So which one is your favourite?

Nutcase31

I couldn't agree more. Splash mountain is the only thing that place needs to become one of the best theme parks in the world.
Big thunder mountain is 10 times better than the one in florida. Space mountain is also alot better than the one in Florida. I love the park but there is just something about the Florida magic kingdom that makes it slightly better, but i can't put my finger on what it is.:confused:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I would have to say Space Mountaim is my favorite "next generation" version of a classic. It has everything the old Space Mountains have, but adds so much more, creating a one-of-a-kind experience. :) I just love the soundtrack and the themeing. :)

On the Splash Mountain front, I will be the odd one out here and say I dont want to see it at Paris. How about a brand new, never before seen attarction to go into Paris instead? Everyone has ridden Splash Mountain, and I can do that everytime I goto WDW. When I go to paris I dont want to just re-ride the same things that I can ride at WDW. If they do Splash Mountain, it would have to be significantly improved over the WDW version to be fresh, and I dont think that is really possible. So my vote goes for a brand new, never seen before attraction. :)

imagineer boy

I don't think the imagineers are going to build a splash mountain ride in Paris because the French aren't too familiar with the story of song of the south. They Might build a log flume ride with a different theme.

Nutcase31

I've just been thinking, how about a rapids ride in adventurland. There is plenty of land so why not?
I also think that a buzz lightyear clone from the magic kingdom would be pretty cool in Discovery Land. They could slightly change the experience, like suspend the cars.

Disneymad

Original Poster
Having a Rapid's Ride in Adventureland sounds great, Nutcase. However, If DLRParis did build a Rapids I REALLY hope they don't copy Kali River Rapids at AKL - I hate that ride, the theming and speed is just so bad, they need a new idea with a decent theme.

Discoveryland would be greatly enhanced by a Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, I think this is another attraction which would definitely upgrade the park, suspending the cars sounds great. This ride is always popular in Florida so I think it would be a great addition.

I didn't include Phantom Manor because IMO it is extremely similair to Haunted Mansion at WDW.

:)

Nutcase31

I wouldn't say the themeing on kali river rapids is bad, just the speed and length of it, especialy with popeyes Rat Barges just down the road.

The main thing about dlp I like over any other disney theme park is the themeing. It's incredible, in some respects even beter than ioa.
Has Anyone bought the book Disneyland Paris: From scetch to reality. when you read it you begin to realise just how complex the park was to design.

Spocky

The one that i choose is not in the list. It's Rockin Roller Coaster. I think the one in DLRP is better then the one in WDW. Better music, better lightshow.

Disneymad

Original Poster
IMO, the theming of Kali is bad, and like you said with Popeyes at IOA Kali does not compare at all.

I agree, the theming at DLRParis has to be one of the best. The Book, Disneyland Paris : From a Sketch to Reality is really good and I agree, showed you how much time and effort went in to creating DLRParis with some exceptional theming.

I didn't include R'N'R because I had only chosen rides at Disneyland Park and not the studios. But my DH also agrees that it is MUCH better than the one at WDW.

Nutcase31

I think the worst thing about the resort are the tour groups. Some of them are so ignorant it's hard to believe.
It was funny though cause we were staying in the hotel cheyanne and this little french (or something) person pushed my 5 year old brother over for no reason. My brother then got up and smacked him in the face.:lol: Serves him right.

Egged

Between the two RnRC's, I would defenantly perfer WDW.The DLP one may be enjoyed by more people, but I see it as a cheaper approach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom