Your 5th Gate???

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
With everyone on the boards today who thinks that WDW will not be getting a 5th gate for a long time (forget about Night Kingdom -- Stupid name anyway) I was wondering what ideas are out there among everyone.

If you were given the task and money was no object what would YOUR 5th gate be? What rides/attractions, parades, shops and resorts would you design?

This may be fun so be as specific as possible. --Who knows they may come true.

Kwit35

Walt Disney's Broadway Experience.

I always thought it would be nice to be able to go to Disney World and see the Broadway shows that Disney has made so popular.
Kind of like Time Square meets PI. Recreate Time Square with Disney Themeing. Have about 3 different theaters rotating the Broadway hits created by Disney. Little Mermaid, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan...you get the idea. Have some of the more popular restaurants Sardi's, Mama Leoni's, Lindy's...again, you get the idea. You could have all the tacky souvenir shops and even an FDNY, NYPD store. And for the grand finale, New Years Eve every night.

I have always loved going to Broadway, but not everyone gets that chance. I think that a night out at the theater would be a wonderful addition to the Disney experience. Start the evening out with a nice dinner at Sardi's, then take a nice stroll around Time Square, visiting all the shops and looking at all the flashing billboards. Have a kiosk where you can have your picture taken then plastered on one of the big Billboards. Take a horse and buggy ride down Broadway. See a wonderful show (Mary Poppins perhaps). Then come out of the theater just in time for the countdown 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...Happy New Year!!! Confetti and Fireworks. Obviously, the ball dropping at Midnight would be a crystal Mickey Head.
Worried about the weather? Don't. The entire park is covered by a roof, and installed in that roof are miles of fiber optics to simulate stars and fire works (and the occasionally hidden Mickey).
There is so much potential with this type of park. It would be such a great place to showcase the Disney Broadway shows. It would also be such a thrill for people who have always wanted to go to New York for that Broadway experience but have never had the chance.
Anyway, just my 2 cents. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would like to see a park based around litterature. There are some incredible works of fiction out there that I think would translate very well into a park. The lands could be divided up into different literary themes such as historical fiction, mystery, sci-fi, fantasy etc. We could have our beloved 20k back, experience the works of H.G. Wells, Piers Anthony, Mark Twain, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or Stephen King. The list of possibilities would be endless.

Wannabe Walt

Kwit35...awesome idea! However, your idea isn't really a full-fledged park. I could definatly see your idea working more as a section added to Downtown Disney or possible added to the Studios. I really do love the idea, I can totally see Disney taking it and running with it...ahhhh amazing. But, its too small to be called a park.

Oh, and while I'm on the topic... Lion King is the best broadway show ever! ;-) ...or Wicked (but that's not Disney so pretend I never said that!...haha)

Master Yoda... that's also a great idea. Some of that would be kind of like Tokyo's DisneySeas and Paris' Discoveryland. Once again, great idea!

Kwit35

Kwit35...awesome idea! However, your idea isn't really a full-fledged park. I could definatly see your idea working more as a section added to Downtown Disney or possible added to the Studios. I really do love the idea, I can totally see Disney taking it and running with it...ahhhh amazing. But, its too small to be called a park.

Oh, and while I'm on the topic... Lion King is the best broadway show ever! ;-) ...or Wicked (but that's not Disney so pretend I never said that!...haha)

Master Yoda... that's also a great idea. Some of that would be kind of like Tokyo's DisneySeas and Paris' Discoveryland. Once again, great idea!
Totally agree with you on all counts. I always imagined this idea as part of DTD. And yes, Wicked IS the BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!! :lol:
I also think Disney could really run with this idea - Soarin' over NY?
And as for Master Yoda...I would love to see a Pierce Anthony ride....cliff notes with AA! I love it!

Wannabe Walt

OOOOO!! Soarin' over New York?? AMAZING! :D Wow... flying down Broadway...through Times Square... spiraling around the Statue of Liberty...Central Park... so many possibilites!

MathewGW

Personally I'd love a more thrill based park. I saw one on a RTC3 forum that was themed to the Disney Villians, with Scar, Ursula, Hades etc all getting big coasters with an area themed around their respective franchise ie around the Scar coaster there was a Pride Lands area.

As a Coaster junkie id love some more thrills at WDW

Kingdom WDW

I would love to see an H.G. Wells/Jules Verne themed park.

In my very limited spare time, I draw concept art for theme parks and hotels. Among them include ideas for a 5th gate loosely based off of DisneySea. I'm fascinated with that park.

Mouse3268

Personally I'd love a more thrill based park. I saw one on a RTC3 forum that was themed to the Disney Villians, with Scar, Ursula, Hades etc all getting big coasters with an area themed around their respective franchise ie around the Scar coaster there was a Pride Lands area.

As a Coaster junkie id love some more thrills at WDW

Do you have a link to that?

Roxas

Disney Sea Orlando would be AMAZING...

(It would have to compete with SeaWorld but then again it's disney so people WILL go to it.)

michael92

disneys america!! oh... wait, not such a great idea. all the visitors would be from the usa.. maybe disney should wait till bush gets out of office...:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom