You take the good with the bad

FyreMickey

Original Poster
Earlier in the year I had posted that I would be going to Disney on a family vacation in September of this year. Well as luck would have it, the company I was working went through a downsizing and it enabled me to go back to school full time. I went ahead and did the online E-Presentation for the College Program and I have to call tomorrow to set up my phone interview. So hopefully within the next two months I will have an update if I will still be able to go down to Disney but this time without my family, not that they are a bad thing, I am getting really excited and I can't wait to make the phone call tomorrow. I have had a few friends that have done the DCP and loved it. I hope I have a similar experience and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

FyreMickey

Original Poster
Thanks I honestly can't even sleep tonight which is bad because I have classes tomorrow, but not until 4 pm lol. I will be making the call first thing in the morning to get it done with.

FyreMickey

Original Poster
Well I have my interview scheduled for Wednesday at 1:30 PM. I know after the interview the wait for the packet is going to kill me. Now I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I have a friend that is getting married in September while I will be in the program if I get it. My question is would I be able to get time off to fly to Indy so I can attend the wedding? If so how do I go about letting them know that I will be unavailable for those three days. I would fly out on friday and fly back on sunday.

FyreMickey

Original Poster
Well I had my phone interview today. I think it went really well. She asked me questions on attractions, merchandise, hospitality, and for vacation planner. Now all I have to do is play the waiting game for about the next month. Dear lord please let it go fast.

pluto77

Well I have my interview scheduled for Wednesday at 1:30 PM. I know after the interview the wait for the packet is going to kill me. Now I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I have a friend that is getting married in September while I will be in the program if I get it. My question is would I be able to get time off to fly to Indy so I can attend the wedding? If so how do I go about letting them know that I will be unavailable for those three days. I would fly out on friday and fly back on sunday.
Whatever area you end up working in will probably have a scheduling manager. Just put in for the time off as soon as you can. I was able to take 4 days off to fly home for a weekend (those were my 2 days off for each week). I'm not sure if they let CPs take off more than 2 days in a week, but it sounds like you wouldn't need to anyway. Where I worked we put in for the request and then a couple days later we found out if it was approved or denied. We were also introduced to the scheduling manager and were shown where his office was during training so if it was denied for some reason you could talk to him/her personally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom