Trip Report "You stop it, you bad boy Captain Hook!" **COMPLETED **

Aloha! Welcome to my first trip report!

We just returned from a 6-night stay in The World from May27-June 3rd. This was not our first trip but we tried a lot of new things! Including visiting during a holiday weekend in summer and staying at our first deluxe resort by renting DVC points.

Let's start by introducing the crew (be warned, there will be a lot of pirate talk if you couldn't tell by the title!):
IMG_3605.JPG

Poohbear-Keegan(3) we were celebrating his birthday this trip, Pluto-Ty(almost 7), Chip-Matthew(5), Minnie-Me(gan), and Mickey-DH. Thanks to Etsy for our matching shirts that DH just loves to wear;)

We ended up driving as we've done it in the past and our boys do pretty well in the car. Last trip the last 3 hours were the worst with traffic and construction. So, we decided to break it up this trip and arrived in Gainesville about 7:30pm. This way we didn't waste a night at a Disney resort by arriving after bed time. We decided to visit the Swamp while we were in town.

IMG_4045.JPG

Boys needed time to run around after 15 hours in the car and being huge college FB fans we wanted to check out their stadium. I was not overly impressed with their facilities. I will add that growing up in Nebraska in the 90's made me hate any program that came from the state of Florida so that may have had something to do with my reaction:rolleyes:

IMG_4046.JPG

Next morning we decided to drive 30 min to the next stop in Ocala for breakfast at one of our favorites, First Watch:p

On this last stretch we notice that Ty's nagging cough that he had for a week was getting a lot worse and then Matthew started complaining that his ear was hurting:facepalm: I will say we debated taking Ty to the Dr before we left but anyone with kids knows unless they have had it for 10+ days and a fever they are not going to prescribe anything. Don't want them getting immune to antibiotics and all...but we had been down this road before. Last year during Spring Break at Disney Matthew developed an ear infection on night 2 of our vacation at 2am. Screaming 4 year old in the middle of the night can put a damper on things! DH had to take him to Florida centra care the next morning.

I bet you know where I'm going with this...we decided to make a detour to Centra Care and good thing we did as they were closed the next day for Memorial Day along with the pharmacy. Note:the centra care website makes it so easy to book an appt online and we were in and out in about an hour.

Bronchitis, ear infection and two antibiotics later and we were finally ready to head to our resort!!!

IMG_3467.JPG
IMG_3469.JPG

Where are we going???
IMG_3472.JPG

We arrived around 1pm our goal was 11am but we will find out that our delay was for the best. The valet guys were awesome...even refrigerated the antibiotics for us.
IMG_3473.JPG

Check-in was smooth except for this guy on his EVC decided he didn't need to wait in the line like the rest of us and almost ran me over cutting in line:mad: When I told him I was in line he just kept moving. This will be a big pet peeve of mine this trip, the total disregard for other people and the mindset that their time is more valuable. I will even get into it with a 10 year old later on...:oops:

Anyway, nicest gal at check-in. I request a building closest to the main house but also checked the box for first available room. We had an early ADR and wanted time to settle the room and get ready. She said they were cleaning it now and should receive our text anytime! In the meantime we had promised some pool time and a dole whip or 2. Dole whip floats are a great use of a snack credit!!
IMG_3475.JPG

6 going on 16!!

IMG_3477.JPG

My little pirate:)

Next:Getting into our room...maybe!

Last edited:

Laurenciaa

View attachment 209154 Meet "baby," who Keegan has slept with since he was 10months old. To say Keegan was excited to meet this next guy would be an understatement. View attachment 209155
View attachment 209156 View attachment 209157 View attachment 209158 View attachment 209159 View attachment 209161 The Character meals are so worth it to us because Matthew is so into getting everyone's autograph and to see all these characters at once in the A/C while eating a meal checks of so many boxes at once!

We had done a lot this morning for Keegan being his first trip and Birthday... had one more surprise for him in the evening.

First, it was time for something the older two enjoyed. We headed over to Frontier Land to take a log ride. I had the FP with boys so I would go first and DH and Keegan had a FP for Aladdin. Then thanks to ridder switch boys would ride again with DH while I took Keegan back for nap.
View attachment 209165
The two teenagers in front kept saying "Grandma here it comes" at random moments to razz their Grandma who I'm assuming was the lady in front of Ty!View attachment 209166 View attachment 209167

Next: The Surprise I was able to keep from the boys for 180days!!

The moment when your little cutiepie reaches out to Pooh.. damn it.. TOOOO CUTEEE OMG!:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Sillysidewalker

Thanks for following!

I've been forgetting to post about the daily sometimes multiple a day dole whips!!! But that's a given when staying at the Polynesian right?!?

I'm jelly that you get to expirience all the princess and the boys stuff is fun too! How old is your little guy?

I will have to live it through my nieces in a couple of years:angelic:

He is almost 2. My girls are 6, 4 & 4. You will have to borrow a niece for a trip to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!

PrincessL

Original Poster
He is almost 2. My girls are 6, 4 & 4. You will have to borrow a niece for a trip to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!
Those are fun ages! Our boys are all 2 years apart too and I love how close they are.

You are getting close to the pirate stage and shortly after that was Starwars too. Disney has def put in the marketing to reach the younger kiddos!

PrincessL

Original Poster
Day 5- Epcot

We were well rested and up early for EMH at Epcot. My favorite!! We usually plan to do this park on day 2 but TP was predicting a 9 for Tuesday and a 6 for Thurs.

We were walking from our room to TTC which is a very short walk from Takelau, if you know which way to go. I lead us to the lake side when I should have gone the opposite. I was able to find the quickest route when I had to hoof it back to the room because I forgot my backpack:banghead: I responsibly made sure everyone else had what they needed and forgot my own. Life of a Mom I guess!

This was our first trip ever to TTC so it was a little confusing. They have all the turnstiles blocked off except for in the middle where security was set up.

We then hopped right on the monorail next to this really nice family and got to chatting. They were doing a day trip.

I asked what their plan was and they said they were going to figure it out when they got there. So people really do that:eek: I mentioned that we heading straight for FEA.

IMG_3721.JPG

The Mom didn't even know there was a frozen ride!!! "My girls would love that we should get there at some point." I'm imagining that they spent a lot of time in line on their day trip!

No this may get a little wordy but I want to talk about when we arrived people were merging from the tram drop off point and CMs were hearding everyone to security. There were a lot of confused people as we had already been through security! It seems as though they could easily barrier a pathway once of the monorail ramp to circumvent the security station.

I really hope they are working on that. Don't get me wrong security checks before getting on the monorail fill a huge exposure that they had. It just needs some more tweaking.

So we followed the masses to FEA and waited a total of 30 min which I don't think was too terrible. The queue is adorable and passed the time quickly.

IMG_3719.JPG
IMG_3729.JPG
IMG_3733.JPG
IMG_3734.JPG

It was an overall hit for everyone!

IMG_3746.JPG

That was me trying not to block Matthew in the picture:hilarious::hilarious:

Next: Can we get two top tier rides done during EMH?

Last edited:

PrincessL

Original Poster
The answer...YES...if you don't stop to take pictures as silly as this one.

Anyone else's significant other NOT know how to take pictures?!? DH couldn't have told me to move to my left a bito_O:facepalm:

IMG_3743.JPG

IMG_3745.JPG

So, if we hadn't stopped we would have been able to accomplish FEA and Soarin in the first 50 min of being at Epcot. I'd say that is pretty ideal.

I struggled between FP for FEA or TT when planning and per the wait times on MDE app (75min already for TT) I'd say that I chose wisely in getting the FP for TT and rope dropping FEA and Soarin durring EMH.

It was my first time on Soarin, as last trip Matthew wigged out when it was my turn for our RS and so I skipped it. Thus, I can't compare it to the last version but I was impressed! Matthew really liked it as well:)

Meanwhile DH and Keegan were at the Seas Pavilion having a good time.

IMG_4088.JPG
IMG_4089.JPG

DH said Keegan loved looking at all the fish.

IMG_4090.JPG

Then we all did Turtle Talk with Crush which is always a favorite of the boys. We did have a FP and it was a waste but there wasn't anything else I wanted to change it to.

IMG_3749.JPG

Keegan is a mad Jack-Jack!!! I can't remember why though:hilarious:

Then it was time for our TT FP...Ty's favorite ride in all of WDW.

We get there and it's down due to technical difficulties :eek: CMs were telling people to come back anytime before the park closed. Nothing ever changed on MDE as I was expecting to get an open FP but didn't.

Alrighty then, on to the next FP Mission space.

We had a few min before our window opened so we went to the Mission Space lounge to play in the play place.

This went better than the playnplace we stopped at in a Chick-fil-A in GA. Keegan got stuck at the top, couldn't get down and refused to let his bros help him. It was quite the scene!!

IMG_3747.JPG

Now, no one in our family has been on this ride before as they were just too little. But Ty was looking forward to trying a new ride. Ty and DH had the FP for this and Keegan,Matthew and I were going to go to use a FP at the Character Spot.

I knew we were going to have another ToT moment with Matthew...so a big thank you (insert sarcasm) to the CM that overheard our conversation and proceeded to tell Matthew that he was in fact tall enough to ride:facepalm:

I realize this, but he gets motion sickness and I've read about the vomit bags they have next to each seat!!!!

I proceed to tell said CM, gee that's to bad because he doesn't have a FP like his Dad and brother. So darn he's not going to be able to ride.

Phew...that will get us out of this with Matthew.

Nope...CM says go ahead. Just tell them there's glitch :jawdrop: You are telling my kid to lie and work the system. Are you kidding me?!?

He was only trying to help, but it's on you man if he pukes on this ride then:oops:

He didn't and we would end up going again later. I guess it worked out.

While they were flying off into space Keegan and I went to meet Mickey and friends.

IMG_4222.JPG
IMG_4212.JPG
IMG_4211.JPG

PrincessL

Original Poster
Caught back up! Art Smith's is now a definite on our upcoming trip! We talked about going and thought if we make it great if not then maybe next time but now it's a priority. I don't think I've heard a bad thing yet.

I felt the same after reading multiple reviews. I hope I'm not over selling it but, we went in with high expectations and they were met!

When's your trip??

Zipadeelady

I felt the same after reading multiple reviews. I hope I'm not over selling it but, we went in with high expectations and they were met!

When's your trip??
The hubby and I are going mid September without kids for 4 nights and we are only going to one park. We'll be lounging around the pool a lot and spending time around DS and some resort restaurants and bars.:D I do have a pre trip report floating around here but haven't posted in quite awhile... I got excited and posted very early. Maybe I should update it. :oops:

amjt660

Premium Member
The hubby and I are going mid September without kids for 4 nights and we are only going to one park. We'll be lounging around the pool a lot and spending time around DS and some resort restaurants and bars.:D I do have a pre trip report floating around here but haven't posted in quite awhile... I got excited and posted very early. Maybe I should update it. :oops:
Yes, yes you should update us ;)

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
I'm too scarred to try the Orange...lol!

I hammered the point to DH that they needed the Green. He again just thought it was my psycho Disney side coming out:cautious:
I have only done the Orange side ( back when they only had 1 version when it first came out.)
Did not have an issue with motion sickness at the time - honestly did not ride again because I do not see the need - not a big fan of it

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom