You Know You're a Hardcore Disney Fan When...

Phantom Mickey

Oh..and remember that plastic shopping bag i was telling you i found recently in my atticspace?
Well...here is a photo of it.

I totally geeked out when i found this amid the stored away artwork.

See, you KNOW for sure you are a bonified Hardcore Parks Fan when your geek out over what was supposed to be a disposable bag .

Yep....but WHOA...look at that pic of SSE that was used !
I think that alone justifies the geek-factor.
Just LOOK at the sparkling glint of sunlight reflecting off of the original entrance fountains decor....eeeeee!
( shamelessly shows hardcore-ness.....)

WHOA! I remember that pic.... I remember when that area looked like that!!! That plastic tri-spire at the center bottom of SE, that eventually had to be removed because one of the spires cracked.. That item is a fond memory. This area changed so many times but I prefer this look to the headstones that exist today.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

All personal opinion - I'm not right, you aren't wrong....

When the MK reduces authorized smoking areas from 7 to 2 over 4 years.... and WDW STILL thinks they want you to show up.
THEN creates authorized smoking areas RIGHT in the face of most guests arriving (boat dock) :(. JUST outside of "Security:".

I get my problem.... don't WANT to inflict it onto others. Would also like to GO to the MK for another 5 years, until I just DIE, and REMOVE the issue :(. Just give me a place carved out of the backlot..... small, out of the path of innocents :(.

Sorry - older smoker. Perhaps the best thing to do is to simply exterminate me, or put me in a "camp".... :(. Just getting tired of riding in the back of the bus We STILL have people riding in in the back of the bus.... we just change their faces.

SMS55

My daughter is watching Disney Junior and Winnie the Pooh came on. Of course, the introduction is the Cinderella castle while they play "when You Wish Upon A Star." Of course I'm ready to back back.

Goofyernmost

When the MK reduces authorized smoking areas from 7 to 2 over 4 years.... and WDW STILL thinks they want you to show up.
THEN creates authorized smoking areas RIGHT in the face of most guests arriving (boat dock) :(. JUST outside of "Security:".

I get my problem.... don't WANT to inflict it onto others. Would also like to GO to the MK for another 5 years, until I just DIE, and REMOVE the issue :(. Just give me a place carved out of the backlot..... small, out of the path of innocents :(.

Sorry - older smoker. Perhaps the best thing to do is to simply exterminate me, or put me in a "camp".... :(. Just getting tired of riding in the back of the bus We STILL have people riding in in the back of the bus.... we just change their faces.
Not sure what that has to do with knowing you're a hardcore Disney fan, but, OK!

SMS55

I take it you have no desire to try and give it up? The problem is, smoking is unlike any other vice. It effects those around you and for everyone else's comfort and safety it's easiest to remove smoking from the parks.

brb1006

Oh you guys keep finding my weakness, ok so you take those old obsolete VHS tapes and record them to a DVD. That ups the life of the VHS tape, about 10 years, to DVD ( 25 to 100 years ) not including damage by scratches, etc. If you really are into it, you get that free decrypting program from the internet that lets you make your digital backup so keeping it forever is possible. Well depends on how good your backups are.... lolol

And when people ask about DisneyWorld, you can lend them (your) DISNEYs vacation "guide". Talk about FREE advertisement.

I don't particularly bring up the DISNEY parks but when I am asked, it just starts rolling out....... ( eyes look up and roll over to the side )
I used to get in the Disney mood by watching the Sing Along Song VHS "Disneyland Fun".

ftc316

When you do this to your Magic Bands before you get on the plane!!
bamds1.JPG
bands3.JPG

Goofyernmost

I take it you have no desire to try and give it up? The problem is, smoking is unlike any other vice. It effects those around you and for everyone else's comfort and safety it's easiest to remove smoking from the parks.
Easy for you perhaps... but, this is so far off topic that it can't even be reasoned with. Please take this conversation and your compulsive desire to control everyone with your simplistic solution elsewhere.

Also I have two family members that are directly dead because of someone drinking. So I am going to assume that you would want that banned from the planet as well.

SMS55

Easy for you perhaps... but, this is so far off topic that it can't even be reasoned with. Please take this conversation and your compulsive desire to control everyone with your simplistic solution elsewhere.

Also I have two family members that are directly dead because of someone drinking. So I am going to assume that you would want that banned from the planet as well.

It was a yes or no question. There is no need to get defensive about it. I guess it's because you can't find a justification for it and people around you have tried to get you to stop. If you want to keep smoking, by all means. Just don't be a grouch to others or expect others to accommodate to you. I am very much a live and let live person. Do as you please, but you're responsible for your actions. Your beef needs to be with Disney. As a private company though, they can do as they please. My only concern is that I don't want to inhale anyone else's cigarette smoke because it's harmful to me and my family. Alcohol is a different animal. Alcohol in moderation is actually beneficial for the heart. When it is abused is when you get the result you mentioned. Oh and for the record, I also believe pot should be legal. If you're an adult, what you do in the privacy of your own home, is your business.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Do you take public transportation? Or walk or bike to work instead of driving? Because driving affects air quality too.
I, actually, haven't owned a car in 3 years...so, yes, I do. In fact, I walked to the grocery (2 miles away) today, and bike to work regularly.

That said, I also support the right of people to smoke, and think they should be given ample spaces to do so. And, I don't buy into the "I smelled smoke, now I have cancer" overreaction that is scientifically and provably ignorant...so...

<shrug>

steviej

when you moved a few months ago, and come across your haunted mansion magic band and immediately put it in your night table to ensure you know exactly where it is for the next trip (happened yesterday :D)

When your Christmas tree is covered with Disney stuff and there's a monorail going round it and your windows have plush toys of Mickey,Minnie,Goofy,Donald,Stitch,Woody,all dressed in tinsel.:)

So on New Year's Eve 2010, I went party hopping with a bunch of friends and went to one of their friends house. She had a xmas tree exactly as you described. Disney stuff everywhere, monorail going around it. Talked WDW with this girl all night, stopped for 10 seconds to countdown to 2011. Went back to talking Disney immediately again, we got married 8/2/14

MississippiBelle

When you live in Michigan and are ap holders dvc owners and your first born is named aurora and you also have to force your kids to go on "other" vacations.

This is from a while ago, but I wanted to say that when we were younger, my brother and I would be so disappointed when we "had" to go somewhere on vacation that wasn't Disney related. It didn't even feel like a real vacation! #firstworldprobs

When you've planned your trip down to what dish you'll be eating at each meal... for fun!
When you constantly have Disney theme park music on in the background whenever possible
When your desktop background at work is an "obscure" photo from somewhere around the World... that you found on your favorite WDW fan forums ;)
When you get frustrated when you go to the parks and they're crowded. How dare these people plan their vacations at the same time I did! Ahh the golden days of actual value season crowd levels!

Smiley/OCD

When you respond to a thread from 2013 about what makes you a hardcore Disney fan
You know you're a hardcore Disney fan when...
When you point to something at home or in public and use two fingers instead of one...

When you have more rapid-fill mugs in your kitchen cabinet than coffee cups...

When you're proud to proclaim you suffer from OCD...Obsessive, Compulsive, DISNEY...

When you live in NJ, and make it a point to see at least 1 Florida licence plate EVERYDAY...

When you have a Disney flag flying outside your home for EVERY holiday and season...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom