You Can Modify Your Reservation On My Disney Experience!!!!

CJLove79

Original Poster
I happen to log into My Disney Experience Account on my desktop and when I went into My Reservations, I found the screen below, I blocked my info obviously in case you guys were wondering. LOL. When I clicked on the links it gave you a bunch of options to where you can change the dates, room type, resort as well as your Dining Plan, FastPasses, etc. There's even a Magical Express option too but when I clicked on it, it gave me the phone number to their Customer Service. This is outstanding for someone like me who wants to avoid a phone call as much as possible in terms of reservation changes. :) Has anybody seen this for their reservations?

Disney World.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Interesting. My gut feeling is that this is another glitch, where someone rolled out their beta test to the public site too early. Travel agents just received a notice today that they can beta test the new modification system.....and not all travel agents. So it doesn't make sense that they'd roll this out to guests too.

CJLove79

Original Poster
Interesting. My gut feeling is that this is another glitch, where someone rolled out their beta test to the public site too early. Travel agents just received a notice today that they can beta test the new modification system.....and not all travel agents. So it doesn't make sense that they'd roll this out to guests too.

Awwww Tom, let's think happy thoughts here man!!! LOL. I mean why shouldn't we be given the option to change our reservation y'know? Its simply another great option, don't you think? :D

Kingoglow

The ability to modify has to be a bug at this point (as I have no doubt this feature is coming). I checked my reservation and only have the cancel option : (

The 4th Fastpass in DHS has been discussed in another thread on the forum. Consensus is that it is a test up until 4/1 for DHS only. The test is a bit disingenuous though, imo. For a park with so few ride options, I would be testing the crowds to see if there is any interest at all for these two shows buy allowing guests to cancel the bonus fastpasses for them outright (and stick with 3 fastpasses out of spite). If we could cancel them, then they could gauge the level of general interest and come to a conclusion of wether to keep the shows or not.

jlsHouston

I was too afraid of losing my FP for TSMM to even try to modify anything on 4/8 which is my HS day. Last year in August when we were at WDW, by 3-4 pm HS had no FP's left for anything and they had eliminated stand by for rides. It was FP or or nothing.

cspencer96

I was too afraid of losing my FP for TSMM to even try to modify anything on 4/8 which is my HS day. Last year in August when we were at WDW, by 3-4 pm HS had no FP's left for anything and they had eliminated stand by for rides. It was FP or or nothing.
I won't say that will never happen again, because Disney can spring a "test" on us any time they please. But I will say that response for that test period was OVERWHELMINGLY negative and it did more harm than good, so we likely will not see anything like the elimination of standby completely any time soon. They found out the hard way that preventing paying guests from choosing to wait in a long line and just not allowing them to ride of they didn't get lucky and have a FP+ was a huge mistake.

jlsHouston

I won't say that will never happen again, because Disney can spring a "test" on us any time they please. But I will say that response for that test period was OVERWHELMINGLY negative and it did more harm than good, so we likely will not see anything like the elimination of standby completely any time soon. They found out the hard way that preventing paying guests from choosing to wait in a long line and just not allowing them to ride of they didn't get lucky and have a FP+ was a huge mistake.

Practically the entire 10 days on property last August felt like a HUGE waste of money. I could barely enjoy my resort time because my FP+ experiences at the parks were so disappointing. One of the reasons we stayed away at Thanksgiving this year...I've got a very BRIEF visit coming up in 48 hours, with no kids, mainly to enjoy a few days of F&G. Going to visit in early June this year with the grandkids and I am hoping it won't be a repeat of last summer.

kelknight84

So I wanted to modify my August ressie and upon looking up my # to call I also noticed the modify link. Called anyways and before I talked to a real person and the auto person said to go to MDE and try and modify yourself. Seems like way more than a test.

gooftroop5

We are doing a split stay in July. When the AP discount came out Friday I modified both reservations using the new feature with no problems. It was quick and easy.

Kingoglow

Wow, if true I think this might be a good feature for the site.

I still don't have the ability to modify though; only cancel : /

JasonDeyoung

Noticed this the other day and it's about time! I love they added this, I hated having to call for the simplest things. Only thing I noticed is you can't change the dates on it.

JasonDeyoung

I could change dates on mine.
Really? Maybe it updated... Last I checked was on Monday. Be awesome if you can. I'll go check again

Under travel dates it says to call still. Maybe it depends on the type of reservation?

I'm also using my iPhone, maybe it gives more options in a desktop.

Last edited:

CJLove79

Original Poster
Hey everybody, I plum forgot to put this when I started this thread. When I tinkered with my Reservations, I realized that it allowed me to change the dates on my Room Only reservation but not my Package Reservation. That might explain why some people weren't able to change the dates & needed to call the number mentioned. For me personally, its makes no sense but at least Disney is trying to make MDE more user friendly for us. :)

JasonDeyoung

Hey everybody, I plum forgot to put this when I started this thread. When I tinkered with my Reservations, I realized that it allowed me to change the dates on my Room Only reservation but not my Package Reservation. That could explain why some people weren't able to change the dates & needed to call the number mentioned. For me personally, its makes no sense but at least Disney is trying to make MDE more user friendly for us. :)
Weird, I have a room only but doesn't let me. Maybe it's still updating lol who knows

CJLove79

Original Poster
Weird, I have a room only but doesn't let me. Maybe it's still updating lol who knows
Sorry man and its very true what you said, you just never know with Disney. LOL. But as always, when in doubt, you can contact reservations to change it for you. The way I see it, just having some options is better than nothing and all we can do is wait till they fix the kinks, which is the hard part for a semi impatient guy like me. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom