Trip Report Yikes...55 days to go, I better get this thing started! Oh yeah, we're live now

Well, were down to 55 days so I guess we should get this started. You were with us for the 16th, 17th, and the epic bungalow 18th so why not include you in on the 19th! So I guess its time for the WWWW&W,

The Who: The cast for this anniversary debacle should be no surprise:

Me (#BlueSteel)
12647350_10206093027506835_1658091901323373612_n.jpg

DW
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7981811636.jpeg

What can I say, we love each other to death…
11165051_10204581745085719_6034484948852116286_o.jpg

The What: Details to follow.

The When: September 16th-21st. We’re pretty locked into these dates since we are flying for this trip. This will be the rare bubble visit where vacation creep does not play a role like just about all others have for us in the past.

The Where: We’ve got ourselves some banked Poly points so why not burn through those! 5-nights at the Poly will be our longest stretch at the resort and we couldn’t be more excited! Typically we’ve only visited for a single night before or after a cruise.

The Why: 19 years of marital bliss, of course! What better way to earmark an occasion than visiting the house that the mouse built!

More details to follow!

newhorizons1

Late to the party, but thanks for taking us along on your trip! Your photopass photos were so funny, but the best was definitely your hat photo! Too funny! Also, super impressive with packing the beer in your suitcase. I brought two bottles of wine home from Germany once, and I was so worried they wouldn't make the journey back.

@imahistorygeek - I taught history in Tennessee for six years. I miss it quite a bit. I assumed you liked history (what could have given me that impression?), but I'm glad to see that you are a history teacher too!

imahistorygeek

@imahistorygeek - I taught history in Tennessee for six years. I miss it quite a bit. I assumed you liked history (what could have given me that impression?), but I'm glad to see that you are a history teacher too!

History is fun to teach especially when you get the kids thinking differently about the past. I've been teaching at the college level for about four years. I really like it. I love shows like the American Adventure, Spaceship Earth, and CoP, but also understand it's Disney's take on history. I also love the exhibits they sometimes have in Epcot. The terra cotta soldiers was really good, but it has been replaced with costuming from Shanghai Disney.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Also, super impressive with packing the beer in your suitcase. I brought two bottles of wine home from Germany once, and I was so worried they wouldn't make the journey back.

We typically drive so it was certainly new territory for me! I still have some refinement work to do, though, because I had 12 pounds of available weight that I didn't take advantage of!!! That's at least two more six packs, ;):D #clothesareoverated

Trisha Lynn

Meeting the fellow WDWM'rs was a highlight of the trip, and it was only enhanced by J and I exchanging local beers which was also very cool.

Now I feel even more sad that I didn't get to meet y'all. :(

#clothesareoverated

And you can buy some when you get here and ship back your dirty stuff in the mail when you leave. ;)

newhorizons1

History is fun to teach especially when you get the kids thinking differently about the past. I've been teaching at the college level for about four years. I really like it. I love shows like the American Adventure, Spaceship Earth, and CoP, but also understand it's Disney's take on history. I also love the exhibits they sometimes have in Epcot. The terra cotta soldiers was really good, but it has been replaced with costuming from Shanghai Disney.

I love those shows too and definitely appreciate them more the older that I get. I had no idea the terra cotta soldiers were gone. That's sad. I always enjoyed stopping in to look at them.

gwhb75

Now that it's over, here's a brief summary of my thoughts on this trip:

- Skipper Canteen - I'd be ok if we never ate there again. It's just not my thing.

- AKL is still my favorite resort. I love Poly, but AKL is a step above IMO. Well, minus that possible walk. They really need a moving sidewalk.

Until next time.

- Agree on Skipper Canteen. Liked the theme, had a great server, food was not our thing at all

- Love AKL too. Best resort on property imho. I'd take a non-moving walkway between AKL and AK. I'd also like a walkway from Poly to MK (we walked from Poly to the GF a few times and would have loved to keep going)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Mission Space - It's been updated. Sigh. Here's the language from Disney. The "all-new Green Mission presents less intense training and a more family-friendly adventure." That's exactly what you get. Same script (RIP LT Dan), but different actor. I liked the previous version much better.

I hadn't been on MS for a few years, but I went on it last May. (I only do the Green side, because some years ago when I was on the Orange side, I ended up getting vertigo--so no more Orange for me).

Anyway, I liked the Green side. (I don't recall too much from the previous Green spiel.) Yet, I'm aware that you and others have commented that they didn't like the newer Green. Perhaps I'm in the minority . . .

17633a3c9f29073e2211ac691035ee1c--disney-family-disney-fun.jpg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I hadn't been on MS for a few years, but I went on it last May. (I only do the Green side, because some years ago when I was on the Orange side, I ended up getting vertigo--so no more Orange for me).

Anyway, I liked the Green side. (I don't recall too much from the previous Green spiel.) Yet, I'm aware that you and others have commented that they didn't like the newer Green. Perhaps I'm in the minority . . .

17633a3c9f29073e2211ac691035ee1c--disney-family-disney-fun.jpg
Minnie, the green side has changed since May. It was closed for a bit over the summer and reopened in mid-August with a different mission (Earth, not Mars) which is more "family friendly" and younger kids are able to ride.

Tony the Tigger

This was such a fun read!

I had many witty retorts and comments, but you'll just have to take my word for it because I didn't quote 25 posts or write anything down. ;)

Loved the elk at Jiko - highlight of our trip (a week or so before yours.)

Love that you guys all met up - so cool! And yes, a walkway from AKL to AK - duh!!

My nerves = tore up

I kept reassuring myself that if it was unsafe, the pilots wouldn't risk it. Good flight otherwise.

I would have needed a xanax and a very difficult sudoku book. You poor thing. (I'd rather they change planes, and the people getting on that one would be none the wiser.)

That's so right! Considering I'm jetting off tomorrow to join a group of ladies that I met on here for a 4-night on the Dream,

We may need to discuss this - unless it's an all female cruise? Our next big thing is a 3 or 4 day Disney cruise (our first) and it will probably be around this time of year.)

Don't make me borrow a wig! :eek:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
If you haven't tried Uber, you should. Easy and fairly inexpensive. Plus, cutting out the travel time from Poly to WL = awesome. We made it in under 5 minutes. Fare was $7.60. Completely worth it.
I will second that. I have used Uber on our last two trips and will be using it more on our next. On our last trip at BLT, I would chirp the Uber when I walked out of the room and by the time I made it to the lobby the car was waiting. I even got an SUV once. From BLT to AK took appx 12 minutes and was $9 and they drop you off close to the entrance. On a separate day, I had a beer at Tamboooo ( @Tuvalu is now #triggered) and caught a bus from Poly to the park. Took the bus 15 minutes to get there and another 15 to get to the park. The time you save by using Uber really adds up over the course of a few days. And the uber drivers usually have cool stories to tell.

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom