Trip Report Yikes...55 days to go, I better get this thing started! Oh yeah, we're live now

Well, were down to 55 days so I guess we should get this started. You were with us for the 16th, 17th, and the epic bungalow 18th so why not include you in on the 19th! So I guess its time for the WWWW&W,

The Who: The cast for this anniversary debacle should be no surprise:

Me (#BlueSteel)
12647350_10206093027506835_1658091901323373612_n.jpg

DW
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7981811636.jpeg

What can I say, we love each other to death…
11165051_10204581745085719_6034484948852116286_o.jpg

The What: Details to follow.

The When: September 16th-21st. We’re pretty locked into these dates since we are flying for this trip. This will be the rare bubble visit where vacation creep does not play a role like just about all others have for us in the past.

The Where: We’ve got ourselves some banked Poly points so why not burn through those! 5-nights at the Poly will be our longest stretch at the resort and we couldn’t be more excited! Typically we’ve only visited for a single night before or after a cruise.

The Why: 19 years of marital bliss, of course! What better way to earmark an occasion than visiting the house that the mouse built!

More details to follow!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Spelling nazi aside, Jiko was fantastic! We went off script and didn't do tapas this time!
The restaurant was peaceful and beautiful, i still think the menu scares folks off and that is unfortunate!
IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

We were presented with a complimentary tasting of duck confit, very tasty indeed. We started things off with a bottle of Red Jasper and the charcuterie and cheese. This was immediately followed by our bread service.

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

For our mains, the DW went with the Koki corn and i had the elk loin. This was my first time having elk that was not in a sausage and it was excellent!

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

The food was wonderful as was the atmosphere and my company ;-). We were tapped out food wise but they insisted we ty some of their confections, also very tasty and better than a zebra domes.
IMG_0867.JPG

We're at the bus depot now waiting for our boxed whip to AK.

OMG those ride photos had me cracking up!!!

I aim to please...except when it comes to grammar and spelling :D

Trisha Lynn

I had a Swalphin exclusive beer

What was it like? Would you say it's worth a trip out of one's way to get it?

Do you even Disney @Tuvalu?

OH, SNAP!

That last picture is from when Russell walked all the way back to the back row, while singing, greeting fans!

That's a class act, going to the back rows. Even though the band is getting their pre-negotiated price for doing the concert series, he still paid attention to the folks in the back and that's awesome.

Next we headed for Pangani

Wait, is that the Gorilla area? The Hobbit and I skipped that on Monday because gorillas aren't his thing. Do you mean to say that we missed meerkats?!

i still think the menu scares folks off and that is unfortunate!

More for the rest of us, amirite?

someone in our traveling party is doing her best to keep cool.

I believe in you, @imahistorygeek! Have some pixie dust from the resort!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
And touchdown!
IMG_0878.JPG

Ugh! Feeling bad for @imahistorygeek .

She did awesome!

Hope it gets sorted safely and swiftly! I feel you on the nerves @imahistorygeek ! I'm sure it will be fine.
Thanks! She did great.

What was it like? Would you say it's worth a trip out of one's way to get it?

Wait, is that the Gorilla area? The Hobbit and I skipped that on Monday because gorillas aren't his thing. Do you mean to say that we missed meerkats?!
The beer was basiclly a decent IPA but Il Mulino is definitely worth the trip. And, yes that trail has the gorillas!

You guys are too cute!
Thanks! Thankfully she provided most of that ;-) :D

lostpro9het

Original Poster
AHA, my kind of beer! shame you have/had to drink it in a plastic cup...
The Leffe was real good, I was surprised I had never had it before.

Sad to see that you guys are back at home but on the other side... a new countdown begins! Thank you , yet again for the live-TR!
Thanks so much! Yeah, back in the real world kinda stinks but we're looking forward to Christmas week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom