Trip Report Yikes...55 days to go, I better get this thing started! Oh yeah, we're live now

Well, were down to 55 days so I guess we should get this started. You were with us for the 16th, 17th, and the epic bungalow 18th so why not include you in on the 19th! So I guess its time for the WWWW&W,

The Who: The cast for this anniversary debacle should be no surprise:

Me (#BlueSteel)
12647350_10206093027506835_1658091901323373612_n.jpg

DW
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7981811636.jpeg

What can I say, we love each other to death…
11165051_10204581745085719_6034484948852116286_o.jpg

The What: Details to follow.

The When: September 16th-21st. We’re pretty locked into these dates since we are flying for this trip. This will be the rare bubble visit where vacation creep does not play a role like just about all others have for us in the past.

The Where: We’ve got ourselves some banked Poly points so why not burn through those! 5-nights at the Poly will be our longest stretch at the resort and we couldn’t be more excited! Typically we’ve only visited for a single night before or after a cruise.

The Why: 19 years of marital bliss, of course! What better way to earmark an occasion than visiting the house that the mouse built!

More details to follow!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Just ordered the uber for Il Mulino. Looking forward to some decent Disney Italian.

Those steaks at CG look amazing! Ribeyes are my new favorite thing so I'm over here drooling!
Ive just become a convert!! It was sooo good and just melted as you ate it.

I think I would fall out of that ven diagram too :eek:
Yeah, it aint my cup either!

coachwnh

These steaks were on par with Yachtsman's and smashed Shula's and LeCel.

I agree that if you want a real steak in Disney, you go to the Yachtsman. Shula's is just an upscale chain. I wouldn't go anywhere in Disney that I can go at home, and I've said numerous time before that Le Cellier is the most overrated restaurant in WDW.

Looks like youre having another great day (Is it bad that I look at untappd first to see how your day is going?)

lostpro9het

Original Poster
So uber was another grand success. While Luis spoke almost no English he was super friendly and got us to the Swan in no time flat! We left the Poly at 5:30 and was pulling into the Swan before 5:40!
IMG_0764.JPG

I've been praising Il Mulino for years now and it still amazes me how folks continue to ignore it while swooning over VN...but I digress. IM has over the years maintained its quality without random price increases and portion decreases. Thankfully this gem has not been corrupted by the DDP or even Disney for that matter. They do, however take TiW!
IMG_0765.JPG

Our meal starts out with the complementary eggplant and salami appetizer and bread.
IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

For drinks the DW went with a red blend and I had a Swalphin exclusive beer
IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

Zipadeelady

So uber was another grand success. While Luis spoke almost no English he was super friendly and got us to the Swan in no time flat! We left the Poly at 5:30 and was pulling into the Swan before 5:40!
View attachment 231476

I've been praising Il Mulino for years now and it still amazes me how folks continue to ignore it while swooning over VN...but I digress. IM has over the years maintained its quality without random price increases and portion decreases. Thankfully this gem has not been corrupted by the DDP or even Disney for that matter. They do, however take TiW!
View attachment 231477

Our meal starts out with the complementary eggplant and salami appetizer and bread.
View attachment 231478
View attachment 231479

For drinks the DW went with a red blend and I had a Swalphin exclusive beer
View attachment 231488
View attachment 231487
Aww you got me thinking of that pizza!! II Mulino's was great. Glad we listened to you. J said drink for him. Limoncello = :hungry:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
So we were quite full from dinner and decided to take a stroll from the Swan to the international gateway. The weather was still beautiful out.
IMG_0775.JPG

I had mentioned earlier to the DW that Air Supply was playing tonight and i wanted to see them. Yes you just read that right. I think it surprised her too. As we approached the American pavilion you could see the huge crowd letting out from the 6:45 performance. It was about 7:20 and the stand by line was pretty long so I suggested we just go watch The American Adventure rather than stand in that line for 30 minutes.
IMG_0776.JPG

This show still gets the DW all teary eyed. As we exited the theater you could hear that the AS show just started so i picked up the pace a little bit. We made it just in time for All Out of Love and took to the standing room in the back by the CM holding the rope. I gotta say the dude can still sing!
IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

That last picture is from when Russell walked all the way back to the back row, while singing, greeting fans! After two songs folks started leaving! The CM holding the rope turned to me and asked if i wanted to go in and get a seat. Yes, sir! They capped of the show with Making Love Out of Nothing and i was happy dude!

We left the park after that and had an uneventful ride back to the Poly. The DW shocked me when she said she wanted a drink when we returned to the room. I, of course, obliged her and we made for Tamboo. I had a moscow mule and she had a white sangria
IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

So we're finishing up our coffee and entenmann's before we check into our flights, booo! Thats right... this came this morning
IMG_0788.JPG

We head to AK for the day in just a bit and have dinner plans at Jiko tonight!

Great report. Great pictures!

Thank you, sir!

Last edited:

Ariel1986

We were feeling uneasy about how things were going when Ryan pops on to the scene.

Arghh we love Ryan! :inlove: We spent a good 2-3 hours having 3 courses & coffee one evening at the California Grill whilst being served by him and it was our best CG visit ever. He's awesome! I had forgotten his name, but as soon as you said Phillip Seymour Hoffman I knew who it was- I call him Phillip when I'm talking about that visit to my other half! This was a couple of years ago, so I'm glad he's still there!

Glad you've been converted too- you should try a later ADR when you get to see the fireworks- I think there are less *little angels* later in the evening also ;)

Pilsner tastes exactly like cold brew coffee. Not a fan.

Yeah, it aint my cup either!

Ha- sounds perfect to me! I love cold brew!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
All good things.....

Curious if you will fill in more details when you get back?

Max

Sorry, Max, i probably wont do much more than a closing thought post. Apparently im not a TR workhorse like @Tuvalu and might be suffering from TR burnout. I honestly debated with myself if i would even do this much. I may even go cold turkey on our Christmas trip to see how it feels.

Thanks for following along!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Glad you've been converted too- you should try a later ADR when you get to see the fireworks- I think there are less *little angels* later in the evening also ;)

I think we will!

Ha- sounds perfect to me! I love cold brew!
I enjoy cold brew coffee and I love beer but i also enjoy pizza and ice cream but wouldn't mix them. ;D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom