1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Report Yikes...55 days to go, I better get this thing started! Oh yeah, we're live now

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by lostpro9het, Jul 23, 2017.

1. lostpro9het

lostpro9het Well-Known Member

Well, were down to 55 days so I guess we should get this started. You were with us for the 16th, 17th, and the epic bungalow 18th so why not include you in on the 19th! So I guess its time for the WWWW&W,

The Who: The cast for this anniversary debacle should be no surprise:

Me (#BlueSteel)
    12647350_10206093027506835_1658091901323373612_n.jpg

DW
    PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7981811636.jpeg

What can I say, we love each other to death…
    11165051_10204581745085719_6034484948852116286_o.jpg

The What: Details to follow.

The When: September 16th-21st. We’re pretty locked into these dates since we are flying for this trip. This will be the rare bubble visit where vacation creep does not play a role like just about all others have for us in the past.

The Where: We’ve got ourselves some banked Poly points so why not burn through those! 5-nights at the Poly will be our longest stretch at the resort and we couldn’t be more excited! Typically we’ve only visited for a single night before or after a cruise.

The Why: 19 years of marital bliss, of course! What better way to earmark an occasion than visiting the house that the mouse built!

More details to follow!

BuddyThomas, SMJS, Allym146 and 36 others like this.
  2. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

You know it's a good morning when you wake up, open the computer and see a report from @lostpro9het. Can't wait for September!!

3. Ciara

Ciara Well-Known Member

The poly :inlove: only a little jealous!

I'll be on the lookout for you guys :geek:

4. blgauger

blgauger Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Sounds like an opportunity for a "hey nice to meet ya!" One where I actually speak. :rolleyes::p

littleroo, Ciara, wdisney9000 and 4 others like this.
  5. imahistorygeek

imahistorygeek Well-Known Member

I can't believe it's only 55 days away! It will be here before you know it.

This is the anniversary trip before our mega-huge 20/40 trip. The 20/40 trip will be in May 2018.

One thing not mentioned was that we checked into the Poly today. We decided to forego room requests. The options were lower floor, upper floor, and near the elevator. We clicked the little box saying we'd take any room if it was available earlier. So maybe our room will be available before 4pm. Nonetheless, we will probably be at a park and it will not matter anyway.

We may upgrade to water parks this time around, but we're still talking it through.

Yes! We decided to fly again. I had enough SW points for a free RT ticket. Sean had enough points for a discounted RT ticket. In all, we paid $80 for 2 RT tickets from ATL to MCO. We couldn't pass up that deal, and if you remember from last time, I was quite the nervous nelly regarding flying. This is a big step. Side note: We have a flight schedule for Boston in November during Thanksgiving.

Saturday, Sept 16 - We arrive via Magical Express. Go to parks. Swim in pool. Eat Polynesian Feast.
    Sunday, Sept 17 - Same as before, but Artist Point (new for us) for dinner.
    Monday, Sept 18 - Same and Skipper Canteen (new for us) for dinner. I'm not 100% sold on this yet. I may change our ADR.
    Tuesday, Sept 19 - Same and Il Mulino. This is one of the WDW restaurants. If you haven't tried it, you should.
    Wednesday, Sept 20 - Same and Jiko. This is another one of my favs. We love AKL so much. I'll never understand why some don't like it. As most of you know, it's one of our home resorts and we always feel so welcome and comfortable there. Even when we don't stay there, we still manage to hang out at the resort.
    Thursday, Sept 21 - We go home. Boo.

6. RedNoseMickey

RedNoseMickey Well-Known Member

5 nights at the Poly sounds amazing. Congratulations on 19 years of marriage, celebrating at WDW seems perfect to me.

7. susan lees

susan lees Well-Known Member

Looking forward following along:)

8. mcstensrud

mcstensrud Well-Known Member

We will be missing you guys by 10 Days.
    Someday we will all be there at the same time!
    Following along.

9. myhappyplace

myhappyplace Well-Known Member

We will be missing them by 6...but maybe we will be at the Beach Club at the same time...7th-10th here.

JamieLee18, Ciara, MinnieM123 and 2 others like this.
  10. lostpro9het

lostpro9het Well-Known Member Original Poster

Pool party at the Poly! I may have @Zipitidoda talked into a Golden Monkey get together and I dont care who shows!

11. blgauger

blgauger Well-Known Member

If I can swap the Golden Monkey for a Pina Colava I am sooooo there! :p

Tiggerish, Ciara, MinnieM123 and 3 others like this.
  12. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

Whoo Hoo!! Pool Party at the Poly with @imahistorygeek , @blgauger @Ciara

13. CtDisneyGuy33

CtDisneyGuy33 Well-Known Member

#bluesteel = #highratings

14. CtDisneyGuy33

CtDisneyGuy33 Well-Known Member

Sorry - meant to ask, is it true that F&W is now bringing in Golden Monkey solely based on your trip reports??? #impactplayer

15. cfry06

cfry06 Well-Known Member

Sounds like great plans to me! Poly is awesome, especially for those park/pool days. I think I feel about Poly the way you feel about AKL! We loved AKL too though, especially the pool at Kidani.

Poly Feast - yeah!

We have Skipper Canteen booked in December. Feel the same way!! Have read mixed reviews, want to try something new, but just not sure! Will be interested to hear your thoughts!

As always, thanks for sharing your plans/report! Fun to travel 'along'!

16. lostpro9het

lostpro9het Well-Known Member Original Poster

I cant comment on this other than to say yes...yes I am the sole reason there is going to be a Victory booth at the America pavilion exclusively serving Golden Monkey.;):D
    #GMisntevenmyfavoriteVictorybrew

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  17. mcstensrud

mcstensrud Well-Known Member

We are on the other end September 26 to October 3rd.

imahistorygeek likes this.
  18. Ciara

Ciara Well-Known Member

I think we could enjoy some golden monkeys by the poly pool ;)

19. Tiggerish

Tiggerish Resident Redhead Premium Member

I arrive on the 23rd, or I would surely have crashed that Golden Monkey party. :(

I see what you did there. :cautious:

The one and only drawback to DVC. The rooms are so rarely ready before 4pm check in time.

Artist Point has been a favorite of ours, it's been up and down over the years, but the last time we ate there it was up, so I'm hopeful that you'll have a great meal. If you like mushrooms, you must have the Portobello soup. I was disappointed in the bison, but my DH liked it a lot. I've since realized I just don't like bison. :)

Skipper Canteen was a great experience for us, we had a wonderful waitress who made it a lot of fun, and we enjoyed the food. I think that they have since taken some of the "adventure" out of the menu, but even when it debuted, the adventurously-named "tastes like chicken" was actually chicken, prepared rather basically.

20. sheriffwoody

sheriffwoody Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Skipper Canteen! My husband was just so-so about it, but I would totally go again. I got the chicken, and really liked it! He got the noodle bowl and liked it, but I tasted it and thought it was super bland. So...maybe don't get the noodles. Also our server was weird and not fun, but I think that was just a fluke. I think I just liked eating dinner in MK, which we never do.